Touchscreen stopped working

Search This thread

BunBun4000

Aug 23, 2011
Got my truesmart last week. 2nd day in the touchscreen stopped working. Shortly after the screen went all white and wouldn't work at all. Later that day the screen started working again but no touch screen.

Left it alone for a couple days. Started working again. Everything appears to be fine. Only thing I can think of is i accidentally wore it in the shower (I am used to wearing my casio watches in the shower) but it barely got wet as I took it off as soon as I realized. Though this shouldn't matter as the watch is supposed to be water proof/resistant.

I have emailed the service omate email address and have yet to receive any response.

Lokifish Marz

Inactive Recognized Developer
Mar 13, 2011
Olympus Mons, Mars
martian-imperium.com
OK. About the "waterproof" thing. IP67 is a static immersion test. This means it is gently put in a 1m deep tank that is already filled with room temp water. The water pressure at 1m is 1.4psi. This is about 1/20th the water pressure in most homes. Even running it under a tap exceeds 1.4psi.

sevs3

May 30, 2011
Yep. Selling it as waterproof is very misleading IMO.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda app-developers app

stonyhawk

Oct 4, 2009
Meanwhile i am still waiting for any reponse. Also had waterdamage only a few days after i got mine. Its super if omate give you warranty on this but it sucks to wait for many weeks to even get a response beside we will get back to you in the upcoming days...
Would be oke if they did but still waiting.

Good luck

Lokifish Marz

Inactive Recognized Developer
Mar 13, 2011
Olympus Mons, Mars
martian-imperium.com
I love that logic

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

I'm not saying it's right but I've read countless posts by people giving Omate hell of the use of the term "waterproof" all the while doing it from or owning a device from a manufacturer that doesn't even have a liquid damage warranty.

Then there's the use of the term "waterproof". It's used only once in an image on the KS page yet water resistant is used something like twelve times.

I'm not saying there isn't some QC issues but when put into perspective Sammy would have told users "sucks to be you, go buy another one". That's what they did to me.

Last edited:

BunBun4000

Aug 23, 2011
Omate got back to me.

They think its the battery not sitting correctly and have instructed me to open the back and put some tape or something on the inside to help the battery sit better.

They also said once they have repair centers set up in my country (Canada) that they will honor any warranty service.

stonyhawk

Oct 4, 2009
I got a reply for Omate!
Only to bad its not what I hoped. Since I bought my Omate 2nd hand from a seller online they cant give me warranty. They also said they were clear about the avoid warranty with waterdamage.

Now its waiting time for me till they have a repaircenter.

zdiamant

Aug 31, 2009
Well, I too seem to have this issue... My screen is mostly white, but you can sort of see. Attached is picture of it. Also, my top right button doesn't work anymore. Could I have gotten water in it, maybe.. But I have not removed anything but the SIM card cover. I will be contacting OMATE, but have low hopes for resolution.

Attachments

• 20140316_131255.jpg
    20140316_131255.jpg
    243.5 KB · Views: 119