[OTA] ICS 4.0.3 OTA Update

Search This thread

nednapalm

Mar 8, 2007
Just a recommendation I just did a factory data reset and it seems to have fixed a few of the minor bugs I was originally getting. After the reset 4.03 was still installed.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk

I did this too, just to keep things nice and clean before starting to load apps back on etc.

master1988

Nov 15, 2010
Someone has a german update file. No ics here until end of the month :'(

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium

FutureBSD

May 27, 2010
@klarmacker: Can you try to get an extract from this "german" release?
It's at least a german speaking country and might work with the german primes-

FutureBSD

May 27, 2010
When I'm checking out the first posting it seems to be in the /cache directory. Not sure if it's still there after the upgrade to 4.0.x though.

klarmacker

Jul 12, 2011
Waldkirch
in germany isnt any update?

is cwm not possible with this device?

i see the files with the normal browser?

i have to check manual to get the update

Last edited:

mrmad23

Jan 21, 2011
Munich
www.morethanandroid.de
I don't want to sound too pissed, so my apologies (this is no personal offense), but:
How did you get the update?
What model do you have? Did you backup previously?
What is your build number?
I honestly start to think those people that got an update on German devices are either faking it or have bought a US-model...

I just think it's impossible that there shouldn't be one single German-speaking person that did not backup previously or is able to post their update procedure.
Or maybe they are keeping it for themeselves but remember when you first came to this forum. You probabaly did because you wanted to have something from somebody else.

There is no CWM available at this moment btw.

Last edited:

klarmacker

Jul 12, 2011
Waldkirch
Hi

attachment.php

i dont know which one i have, i bought it today at my reseller...

in settings go down... over this tablet and then system update...

Hi

ich hab es heute bei meinem Grosshändler gekauft. Und das Update war direkt verfügbar. aber ich musste erst auf einstellungen, nach ganz unten über dieses Tablet. Dort auf System Firmware Update. und dort habe ich noch mal auf suchen klicken müssen.

Darauf hin hat er ein Update gefunden welchen ich unten rechts mit dem pfeil eines Downloads starten konnte...

ich hänge mal ein Foto vom Karton an...

Attachments

• 20120117_174147.jpg
    20120117_174147.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 1,059
  • Screenshot_2012-01-17-18-15-11.jpg
    Screenshot_2012-01-17-18-15-11.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 272
Last edited:

mrmad23

Jan 21, 2011
Munich
www.morethanandroid.de
Hi,

thanks and "Danke" (ist es nicht seltsam sich auf Englisch unterhalten zu müssen?) :))
Well, you are a lucky guy because you don't have a German model :)

Yours is "ANDROID WW, N/A" whilst mine is ANDROID DE,N/A

klarmacker

Jul 12, 2011
Waldkirch
hehe ja das stimmt wohl...

sobald der bootloader frei ist, ist es egal wo es her ist oder?
ich hab mal noch ein bild hochgeladen mit den build nummern...

till 6 januar 2012 is the update avaidable? :D

--a3pz0--

Feb 11, 2010
also auf der globalen Asus seite ist mittlerweile das ICS update als download verfügbar. Aber natürlich nur für Primes mit den Buildnummern "WW", "US" und "TW"...

on the global asus site the ICS update is available for download! for locations: WW, US, TW...

snipercamper

Mar 24, 2008
Chemnitz

So, I tried downloading and installing the package which is provided at the beginning of this thread. I renamed it, so it had the exact same name as the .33 Update! It told me that a update package was found, but when I restarted the device, it started installing but then it stucked and rebooted with no changes.

Does someone have another idea how we could get it to work? Except waiting for the official release.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using xda premium

snipercamper

Mar 24, 2008
Chemnitz
Without recovery and the unlocked bootloader there is no way to get the cid! Think all of us German guys have to wait for the official release! But end of January is getting closer and closer :)

Sent from my HTC Sensation using xda premium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here is the OTA Update found in the /cache folder when you download the OTA. This is for informational purposes. Not sure if putting the unzipped file back in /cache would give you the notification that you have a firmware update pending. Use at your own risk.

http://www.multiupload.com/1HHQWQBF51
    MD5: 6187e52c76c125b0a5d1b4dc9674e635

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201
    NOTE dont Volume Down + Power then select Wipe Data thinking its recovery its not.... just wiped everything by accident...
    yup im not touching this till its done properly we all in to much of a hurry
    ok.. so.. whats the method to extract images from the blob? BlobTools do no work.. anyone have a stock system.img from .33 so I can apply the patches to it? ending up with a bonafide ics image..
    Even though I got the update to download via OTA, I wanted to figure out how to apply it manually so you all can get some. I was NOT able to get the update to take with the dlpkgfile. I thought I was close but no cigar. Here is what I did in case someone can piggy-back off of what I did and find what went wrong:

1. Copy just the dlpkgfile to your Microsd card
    2. rename it as "US_epad-user-9.4.2.7.zip"
    3. remove your card and put it back in
    3. You will see the notification that a system update is available. Follow the directions.
    4. It will reboot to the recovery screen with the Android and the exclamation point. It sat there for about 5-7 min before it rebooted.

Unfortunately, the update didn't take. I got the error msg: System update failed. (2) Unknown error. Sy.." couldn't see the rest in the notification, the msg is too long. I tried to just click on the notification that the a system firmware is available again and the 2nd time nothing happens (had to do the zip again--worked 2nd time). Wonder if there is some sort of flag that I tried one time?

I'll keep trying something. Does anyone know how to get a log of everything being done? Maybe I can track done where it went wrong.