[Q] Can't install apps from the Amazon app store

Search This thread

Raving Native

Nov 7, 2014
I had the same issue. Cancel/Install screen popped up, but no matter what I tried, the Install button would not be selected. Simple solution, at least for me. Check to see if you have any type of screen dimmer, whether as a separate app or bundled in one. Make sure it's disabled. Viola! Worked for me.

Reactions: WarMECH

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So I've found a somewhat odd, temporary workaround: reboot the phone. I have no idea why it works. Killing the Appstore does nothing, clearing caches/dalvik data does nothing...but if I reboot, I can install apps again. Temporarily, and then it randomly stops working again.

The issue lies in that we in the Android Community are flash-a-holics. Each time that you flash a new rom, not an update of your current version, the Amazon Appstore will register your phone as a new device. To fix this you have to clear out all of these extra registered devices.

Go to www.amazon.com and click "Your Digital Items" in the upper right corner. Under Amazon Appstore for Android, click "Your Apps & Devices". On the left side of the page under Manage, click "Your devices". There you will find your phone listed many times. Delete all but the current one.

Back on your phone, now in Settings>Applications>Manage Applications - locate Appstore and clear data. I learned this from an Appstore tech.

Keep your fingers crossed but you shouldn't have any further problems.
    I was just reading thru this thread due to having the same problem. I did find that another program which affects screen brightness, Lux, was responsible. I got it fixed at the moment from a setting within Lux which turns it off for incompatible programs. If there is not a similar setting in other programs to turn it off with incompatible programs I also found that freezing Lux with Titanium Backup also allowed downloads from Amazon.
    Figured out another reason this issue happens.

I'm having a strange issue with the Amazon app store. When I try to install apps, they seem to download just fine, but when it reaches the screen with the install & cancel buttons, I cannot push the install button. It's there, and it's not grayed out, but it just will not push down. No error messages at all. Anyone else have this issue or know how to fix it?

My setup is in my sig. I've already tried clearing cache/app data, but no dice.

I was having problems installing the Amazon app store, couldn't click install. When I did a search for people having a problem with not being able to click install on any apps, not just Amazon, I found that they fixed the problem by disabling an app called "Screen Filter". I was not using Screen Filter, but I was using an experimental feature of Juice Defender Ultimate, which automatically adjusts the screen brightness like Screen Filter. After disabling this, I could install the app store.
    I was just reading thru this thread due to having the same problem. I did find that another program which affects screen brightness, Lux, was responsible. I got it fixed at the moment from a setting within Lux which turns it off for incompatible programs. If there is not a similar setting in other programs to turn it off with incompatible programs I also found that freezing Lux with Titanium Backup also allowed downloads from Amazon.

I had the same issue. Turns out neyetlight was the culprit...
    As above, any screen dimming or filtering app seems to stop ONLY AMAZON from installing apps. I set Lux to "sleep" mode and the install button worked right away.

So..
    Lux
    Twilight
    Bluefilter
    etc