Search This thread

bucketachicken

Sep 2, 2009
www.anglaispod.com
My EVO 3D (original black) has gone through..."trauma"...recently, and the back cover seems to be a bit bent out of shape. I don't really care about the aesthetics of it, but the power button doesn't snap back out when pressed, making the phone thing I'm holding it down constantly, and also making it very difficult to turn on/off/sleep.

Does anyone know where I could get a replacement back cover? I would prefer it to be the same black color, but honestly if it were a white one I wouldn't mind.

Thanks in advance!

EDIT: yes, I have searched eBay, but they seem to be extended batteries + covers which if it was a good extended battery I would buy it, so if anyone has a recommendations for extended battery + back case, that'd be good too :)

Last edited:

osrix

Sep 18, 2008
Last edited:

johnmarshton

Jan 1, 2011
Cluj-Napoca
Reactions: Roosafur

bucketachicken

Sep 2, 2009
www.anglaispod.com
Update as was requested, got it in today and it fits absolutely perfectly, like a glove. Seems to be an OEM cover just like advertised. My power button works again, so I couldn't be happier :)

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

sand1303

Dec 22, 2007
I ordered one off eBay for 10 dollars shipped. OEM was perfect

Sent from my PG86100 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: Roosafur

bronxknight28

Apr 25, 2009
Bronx, NY
Ordered a purple one on Ebay, exactly the same as OEM, I hated the red around the camera so I'm satisfied

Sent from my PG86100 using xda premium

Pauly_k

Apr 21, 2007
I bought one from amazon from a different seller http://www.amazon.com/HTC-EVO-3D-Non-Retail-Packaging/dp/B005FT29PK/ref=?ie=UTF8&m=A1SALXWWS9Y6O and had it shipped to UK. It looks and feels like the real deal, and it has the red metal ring. I couldnt see any difference to an HTC original so I guess it must be. hope this helps

I thought the case for a CDMA EVO , red. Wouldn't fit a GSM EVO. I looked this up when I first got the phone?
I'm presuming from what I've read you've replaced the gold back cover with a red one....

* after looking this up it seems some GSM EVOs (china? and elsewhere) have the red around the camera and a CDMA case backing will not fit GSM.

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D X515m using xda premium

Last edited:

crypt0night

Dec 5, 2007
Venlo
I thought the case for a CDMA EVO , red. Wouldn't fit a GSM EVO. I looked this up when I first got the phone?
I'm presuming for what I've read you've replaced the gold back cover with a red one....

* after looking this up it seems some GSM EVOs (china? and elsewhere) have the red around the camera and a CDMA case backing will not fit GSM.

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D X515m using xda premium

Only some or all GSM versions?

Pauly_k

Apr 21, 2007

Top Liked Posts