[Q] restore to factory before exchange?

Search This thread

byproxy

Apr 29, 2010
i'm having screen issues (phone keep face dialing even though screen is off). i think i need a replacement device. i'm with verizon.

i am rooted, have cwr installed, and have a debloated version of 12b installed.

do i need to go through the hassle of putting the phone back into its factory state before taking it in for replacement, or do they not really care about that anymore and i can just take it in as-is?

thanks for the info!

Kaherdin

Jan 21, 2010
LG G4
Huawei Nexus 6P
I'm living in Europe, Sweden, in here we actually have an EU-directive that states the owners right to run the firmware of their own choice and that manufacturers must prove that any such custom software IS the reason a device has failed before voiding any warranties.
But still, I ALWAYS return to stock before any service is done, just to get out of the hassle of explaining this to service companies.

Return to stock, that's what I've have done.

Be happy. It's much more fun that way.

vPro97

Oct 22, 2013
Denmark
Samsung Galaxy S6
Huawei Mate 20 Pro
Kaherdin, I live in Denmark and I would love to know where I can find that written black on white ;)

Sent from my LG-D802 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

---------- Post added at 07:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:02 PM ----------

Found the thread, but didn't find the original EU statement: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1998801

Sent from my LG-D802 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

robogo1982

i'm having screen issues (phone keep face dialing even though screen is off). i think i need a replacement device. i'm with verizon.

i am rooted, have cwr installed, and have a debloated version of 12b installed.

do i need to go through the hassle of putting the phone back into its factory state before taking it in for replacement, or do they not really care about that anymore and i can just take it in as-is?

thanks for the info!
Just as @Kaherdin said, to avoid any hassle with service reps, just reflash stock ROM and you should be good to go.

Can you perform a sensor test? Seems to me your proximity sensor might be an issue. It's somewhere in the hidden menu, not exactly sure where. Also, see if the problem persists after flashing back to stock.

byproxy

Apr 29, 2010
Can you perform a sensor test? Seems to me your proximity sensor might be an issue. It's somewhere in the hidden menu, not exactly sure where. Also, see if the problem persists after flashing back to stock.

can you tell me how to get to hidden menu? i tried two different codes from two different threads and neither worked. would LOVE to be able to perform a sensor test.

thanks!!

robogo1982

@byproxy sure. Open the dialer and type 3845#*xxx# where xxx is the model number of your phone. Verizon iz VS980, so I think 980 should work. I really can't say, I have an international D802, so I don't know :/

EDIT: found it.

HiddenMenu and Dialer access enabler
- For some reason, Verizon omitted the HiddenMenus. The apk was absent and they disabled access to most secret codes via the dialer. This adds the newest version of LG's HiddenMenu/AAT apks and enables access via the following dialer codes:
##LGSERVICEMENU - Gets you into the main LG HiddenMenu
##PROGRAM - Verizon's specific menu
##AATEST - AAT menu
##FEATURE - Another VZW menu
##DEBUG
##HELPHELP

xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2567709&page=1

Last edited: