Xbmc 13.1 for AML8726-MX

Search This thread

hephie

Jun 16, 2014
Hey guys,

Since I'm new on the forum and I'm not allowed to post in this topic http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2418029, i'm doing it here...
I just bought and received a E-M6 Android tv device, with the AML8726-MX chipset.

It came with Android 4.2 and XMBC 12.3 installed as an Android app.
I was not able to update the XMBC app to the latest version, tried all kinds of things.

Plus, as I only want to use this device for watching/streaming videos, i don't need all the Anroid shizzle, so I decided to flash the device.
I used an image from the topic above (MX_LINUX-1.00-G18REF_MX2REF-NEWMTD-update.zip)
Flash was succesful within a few minutes (I used an Sandisk Class 10 SD card)

After reboot, I see it's also XBMC 12.3.

Is there another image that I can flash my device with? And that embeds XBMC 13 or 13.1?
Thanks in advance if someone can help me out!!

reydarz

Jan 15, 2013
Find the xbmc apk in your update image and replace it with the version you want install. Most likely it's in /system/app. Reflash and you should be good.
Hey guys,

Since I'm new on the forum and I'm not allowed to post in this topic http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2418029, i'm doing it here...
I just bought and received a E-M6 Android tv device, with the AML8726-MX chipset.

It came with Android 4.2 and XMBC 12.3 installed as an Android app.
I was not able to update the XMBC app to the latest version, tried all kinds of things.

Plus, as I only want to use this device for watching/streaming videos, i don't need all the Anroid shizzle, so I decided to flash the device.
I used an image from the topic above (MX_LINUX-1.00-G18REF_MX2REF-NEWMTD-update.zip)
Flash was succesful within a few minutes (I used an Sandisk Class 10 SD card)

After reboot, I see it's also XBMC 12.3.

Is there another image that I can flash my device with? And that embeds XBMC 13 or 13.1?
Thanks in advance if someone can help me out!!

hephie

Jun 16, 2014
Find the xbmc apk in your update image and replace it with the version you want install. Most likely it's in /system/app. Reflash and you should be good.

Thanks 4 reply, but there is no apk file in the image.
The image contains an MX Linux with xbmc 12.4 embedded in a way I don't know neither understand :)
Can you maybe download the image as well and check some things (see first post for url),

Any other ideas?

Thooky

Jun 13, 2014
There is a very good Gotham build out by codesnake. It's called openelec 4.xx. That exactly what you are looking for

Gesendet von meinem iPhone mit Tapatalk