new demo video with touchwiz

Search This thread

gogol

May 20, 2005
The most interesting piece is something about support of multi kind of video format and user does not need to convert!!!

Is this because of touchwiz has better video player? probably ...

jokrak

Oct 20, 2010
funny how they photoshopped "Samsung" onto the front of the tab on all of their videos.

I saw a TV ad last week for the galaxy tab 10.1, and it also had the "Samsung" logo plastered on the front bezel. I think they want to remind viewers that they are not looking at an iPad/generic tablet commercial.

thatdude90210

Jul 2, 2011
Could be just a simple Samsung sticker.

It looks like it doesn't suck. And those mini apps sound like a good idea.

B

bd85

The most interesting piece is something about support of multi kind of video format and user does not need to convert!!!

Is this because of touchwiz has better video player? probably ...

In stock honeycomb you dont have a separate video player app.
Have heard that the tabs that now ships with touchwiz has a dedicated videplayer app like the SGT 7" have. And that the support for divx/xvid is better.

lets us hope that with touchwiz and Samsung we can get a btter video experience like we are used to with the 7" Tab that worked so good playing video.
Does some one know if the Galaxy 10.1 shiped with touchwiz is divx certified like the 7" Is?

Edit: when they shows the hdmi adapter it looks that they also have connected it to the charger, if you have to have it connected to a charger to make it work it will suck.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using XDA Premium App

Last edited:

verusevo

Jun 23, 2010
only thing i was impressed with in that video was the book cover. Need to have that. Hate this stupid belkin one i have from bestbuy

Btw its friggin 2011 when will these companies start hiring editors whose native language is english when producing videos and documentation in english. "indivisual"???

Last edited:

xManMythLegend

Dec 1, 2008
NYC
Lol @ "tap life"

Any word on whether not these features can be turned on or off?
Worried it may make things sluggish.

Do like the app while still in app functionality.

Just a reminder of how every once in a blue these skins do provide functionalities that should be default in android.

xManMythLegend

Dec 1, 2008
NYC
In stock honeycomb you dont have a separate video player app.
Have heard that the tabs that now ships with touchwiz has a dedicated videplayer app like the SGT 7" have. And that the support for divx/xvid is better.

lets us hope that with touchwiz and Samsung we can get a btter video experience like we are used to with the 7" Tab that worked so good playing video.
Does some one know if the Galaxy 10.1 shiped with touchwiz is divx certified like the 7" Is?

Edit: when they shows the hdmi adapter it looks that they also have connected it to the charger, if you have to have it connected to a charger to make it work it will suck.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using XDA Premium App

Video is as good as it's going to get. Tegra 2 is simply not capable enough.
Id be more interested in knowing whether or not portrait mode lag is addressed.

xManMythLegend

Dec 1, 2008
NYC
Everybody says that. Moboplayer plays just about everything with no conversion already. Playing everything back smoothly at 24-30 fps is a different story.

LevitateJay

Dec 18, 2009
I believe when the Galaxy S came out it was one of the first phones to play DivX videos stock and it did a good job of it too... better than Mobo player does now I believe... and that was before anything else was around. Could be the case again?

vansmack

Jul 16, 2009
San Francisco
I believe when the Galaxy S came out it was one of the first phones to play DivX videos stock and it did a good job of it too... better than Mobo player does now I believe... and that was before anything else was around. Could be the case again?

This is true. The Touchwiz video player on my Epic (1ghz hummingbird) was much better than moboplayer. I'm really hoping Touchwiz makes the video playback at least equal to that - it was incredible.