Best in ear BT headset for the ET4G - single ear for making calls?

Search This thread

boe

Dec 4, 2006
Los Angeles
I figure people in this group probably only want the best phone equipment. I've been using the plantronics voyager 975 for years and it is extremely comfortable, light and sounds pretty good. I was curious if people had compared it to say the Jawbone ERA or other in hear headsets. I'm not fond of over the ear ones as I want it to be very compact to fit in my pocket but I need to be as clear to my clients as possible. I'm just looking for a single ear headset for making calls.

Anyone who has had the 975 and can compare it to a better headset would be ideal.

Last edited:

chazglenn3

May 18, 2010
Tacoma, WA, USA
He/she wouldn't be the first person I have seen driving with headphones on. Actually is no different than the folks with the bass/stereo so loud that it is shaking rust off of the car...LOL. Neither situation is very safe.

rs2606

Dec 19, 2010
You use both ear plugs when driving??

Sent from my PG41200 using xda premium

Yes, and the noise cancellation is rather good.

---------- Post added at 11:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:32 PM ----------

He/she wouldn't be the first person I have seen driving with headphones on. Actually is no different than the folks with the bass/stereo so loud that it is shaking rust off of the car...LOL. Neither situation is very safe.

I'm used to using headphones while driving. I do it all the time on my motorcycle. I'm a great driver so I don't really see the issue with it just like you said no different from blaring your stereo.

txmikester

Sep 4, 2011
I use the stereo Plantronics, can't remember the model, it's about a year old. Has worked great with every phone and laptop I've thrown at it.

Mainly use it at the gym, so I can keep my phone in my pocket and not have to deal with cords. In the car, I use the BT in my stereo for music and calls (best invention ever IMO)

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda premium

ravizzle

Dec 16, 2009
Sacramento
I don't use bt, but my dad uses a jawbone era and he loves it, he also used to use the plantronics voyager

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2

boe

Dec 4, 2006
Los Angeles
I don't use bt, but my dad uses a jawbone era and he loves it, he also used to use the plantronics voyager

Thanks - did you notice any difference in his voice quality when he switched to the ERA? I want my voice to sound as natural as possible when talking to my clients on BT.

oddlou

Nov 14, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
Plantronics Voyager Pro Plus. Great noise cancellation, good volume. People rarely know I'm driving in my loudish Jetta when I have it on. You can usually get it for around $70 on Amazon.

ravizzle

Dec 16, 2009
Sacramento
Thanks - did you notice any difference in his voice quality when he switched to the ERA? I want my voice to sound as natural as possible when talking to my clients on BT.

The jawbone war more clear iho. But the plantronics he said was a tiny bit more comfortable in his ear.

Blu3Fr0g

Yes, and the noise cancellation is rather good.

Does the Noise Cancellation prevent you from hearing sirens of emergency vehicles or the horns of cars around you? It is illegal in California to wear headphones of any kind while driving.

I'm used to using headphones while driving. I do it all the time on my motorcycle. I'm a great driver so I don't really see the issue with it just like you said no different from blaring your stereo.

Actually there is a difference in that in most Factory car stereos and the average after market head unit, the volumes are not loud enough to completely drown out outside noise. Either way it is technically illegal in California to have the radio at a level where you cannot hear car horns or the sirens of emergency vehicles. Regardless of how good of a driver you think you are, not being able to hear horns and sirens makes you a danger to everyone around you. Having relatives who are emergency response and firemen, I cannot tell you how many true stories I have heard about people being oblivious to the sirens and even the flashing lights and air horns.

bds120

Aug 9, 2008
I had a blueant not the v1 though, and it stop working after 3 months of very limited use (just while driving)

I have had mine since it literally came out. No issues. Use it with my phone and with my PS3. I had the original one also which suffered from issues of the piece that goes in the ear braking off. Not with this one. I actually took my old one(black) and popped the black off and put it on my V1. I like the black more than that silver look. No issues....

JohnCorleone

Dec 19, 2010
Whittier,CA
I have had several of them. I love my Moto Finiti Bluetooth. You can say "answer" or "ignore" on incoming calls as well as,other voice commands. It also has 2 microphones and great noise reduction and it stays charged for a long time. There is also a Motospeak app on the Market that adds more options

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda premium