[Q] HELP Transformer Prime Won't Charge via wall plug

Search This thread

bowser24

Oct 22, 2010
tablet

This just happened to me too. I am trying the freezer method, but why are we not seeing anything out of ASUS about their crap charger???

i have a asus transformer prime and it wont charge the base of it works and the usb but it wont charge at all if i try to do a cold boot it wont work help me

---------- Post added at 05:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:26 PM ----------

The Prime will show the red battery once plugged into a charger when its completely dead..i would leave it charged for an hour or 2 and try turning it on again...it SHOULD work..if it doesnt then yeah I would say its the Prime unless that charger doesnt work either...at that point I would probably give up on life :p J/K!!![/QUOTE

my tablet wont turn on at all its not showing the red battery at all and i tried the base still works idk wat to do at all

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Could you post a link for that 12 volts usb-adapter? :)

Enercell AC to DC power adapter 12vdc 1.5A
    Radio Shack Model # 273-358
    http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3807944

used together with this USB adapter:
    Model #273-227
    http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3643549

Link to my original thread for further reference:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1434525

//End- Shutdown of response signal: termination at reply to Android root/ bye.
    I recall reading somewhere that the Asus charger can put out 5 volts, or 11+ volts (11 + is required to charge the prime.) It could be that it is charging your phone because it is supplying the 5volts, but it may have something wrong with it and it is not putting out the 11+ volts required to charge the Prime.

My first Prime had this EXACT problem where it would no longer charge, and I returned it for a second one while under the return window- I believe the Asus chargers are just not very good and they are prone to failures.

When I received my second prime, I went out and Purchased a Radio Shack 12 volt wall charger, with a USB adapter that plugs into the transformer prime charging cable. The Radio shack charger is much better for me- no failures and it does not event get warm while charging- the tablet has worked fine for the last 2 months so far without issue.

If you are interested in the radio shack charger, see other posts made by me for specific part numbers. you can order online, or pickup in store at most locations.

Asus needs to do something about these wall chargers. They need to be re-designed so that they do not seperate, and do not require cartridge based adapters- this is a huge problem.

The primes biggest issue with " Prime reliability" is the wall charger IMO- More failures and returned units for this than anything else.

I love my Prime, and the radio shack charger works for me- good luck: and check all of your other options first before returning your tablet... there is a good chance it has to do with the charger itself.

I recall reading somewhere that the Asus charger can put out 5 volts, or 11+ volts (11 + is required to charge the prime.) It could be that it is charging your phone because it is supplying the 5volts, but it may have something wrong with it and it is not putting out the 11+ volts required to charge the Prime.

My first Prime had this EXACT problem where it would no longer charge, and I returned it for a second one while under the return window- I believe the Asus chargers are just not very good and they are prone to failures.

When I received my second prime, I went out and Purchased a Radio Shack 12 volt wall charger, with a USB adapter that plugs into the transformer prime charging cable. The Radio shack charger is much better for me- no failures and it does not event get warm while charging- the tablet has worked fine for the last 2 months so far without issue.

Could you post a link for that 12 volts usb-adapter? :)