[OTA LEAK] DROID 3 (XT862) 5.7.906 Update from Staging Server

Search This thread

donwhall70

Feb 14, 2010
Everett, WA
Not much info here... How did you screw up your device? The update is essentially a fastboot file in a .zip. Try reflashing it again.

gierso

Aug 13, 2010
Monterrey
Nexus 7
Nexus 7 (2013)
ok, so if you're on 906 and you brick somehow... what next?

maybe reflashing the same 7.906 file in stock recovery (holding M on BOOT) selecting recovery (stock recovery here) and pressing [vol + vol -] when the android and triangle appears, and apply update from sdcard
if it works tell us :)
if dont? then i guess you will have to wait until a sbf appears with an updated version.

watermummy7

Feb 25, 2012
With this update I've noticed for some reason my wallpaper will automatically go back to stock wallpaper the one when u first install. And I had to change it back twice today..... weird.. I would just turn my phone on and have to change my wallpaper back

Sent from my DROID3 using XDA

duffman452001

Nov 26, 2009
With this update I've noticed for some reason my wallpaper will automatically go back to stock wallpaper the one when u first install. And I had to change it back twice today..... weird.. I would just turn my phone on and have to change my wallpaper back

Ive had that issue forever on stock (way before this update). It would just randomly changed to the stock diagonal strip wallpaper when I changed orientation or slid the keyboard out

leerpsp

May 13, 2011
not saying
Ok I updated to this and my ohone works just like it needs to but I had something to ask if there is no way back to stock then I can no longer take ota update like what im asking if the ota update of ics ever came out for my phone then I can not take it because its a stock ota fw?

mikedyk43

Mar 16, 2011
Anaheim
Ok I updated to this and my ohone works just like it needs to but I had something to ask if there is no way back to stock then I can no longer take ota update like what im asking if the ota update of ics ever came out for my phone then I can not take it because its a stock ota fw?

Don't worry, ICS will lilkely not EVER be officially released for the D3. If it was and you couldn't get it via OTA, you might have to wait a day or two until someone here made it a .zip file that you could flash just like this leak.

watermummy7

Feb 25, 2012
Really if you think about it what's new in the official ota updates? Its not like you wont be able to find it in a .zip file anyway which isn't a biggie

Q9Nap

Feb 13, 2009
For me "AP Fastboot" SBF using RSD Lite always works. But I have to skip allow-mbmloader-flashing-mbm.bin, mbmloader.bin & mbm.bin

can anyone confirm whether this works as a way back to 890 from 906?
i have the 906 system running on top of the 890 saftestrap rom and works well; would like to try the full update as long as there's a safety net.

kapilthio

Apr 16, 2010
Katni, Madhya Pradesh
i have the 906 system running on top of the 890 saftestrap rom and works well; would like to try the full update as long as there's a safety net.

Dont worry. I have done this over 20 times. You are running 906 over Safestrap 890 while I did not use Safstrap any time with 902 / 905 / 906.

Make sure you do NOT flash the files I mentioned in earlier post.

---------- Post added at 12:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:25 AM ----------

Guys no matter you are on 902/905/906. "AP Fastboot" SBF using RSD Lite 5.6 always works. But you need to skip allow-mbmloader-flashing-mbm.bin, mbmloader.bin & mbm.bin.

Extract all files from 890 SBF zip & remove following lines from VRZ_XT862_5.5.1_84_D3G-55_1FF_01.xml & select this xml file in RSD Lite for flashing

<step operation="flash" partition="mbm" filename="allow-mbmloader-flashing-mbm.bin" MD5="1c5fe78a10bb79533934015b8eaddf8b" />
<step operation="reboot-bootloader" />
<step operation="flash" partition="mbmloader" filename="mbmloader.bin" MD5="b09feb246298ca721e2ae6b3becdd1b4" />
<step operation="flash" partition="mbm" filename="mbm.bin" MD5="6e062a68fe054ec128d4b253f1f3bd19" />

Also I strongly suggest that you do a factory reset from Original recovery (Power+X) but you switch to "AP Fastboot" for sbf flashing.

Reactions: Q9Nap and slvrarrow

slvrarrow

Jul 1, 2008
would it be possible for you to upload a ready made file kapilthio? Im sure it'd help the less technically minded out.

kapilthio

Apr 16, 2010
Katni, Madhya Pradesh
rename attached from .txt to .xml

Applies for 890 SBF only.

And do this at your risk. I am having WiFi issues. May be its because of CM9 or 906, I cant comment. So do it at your sole risk.

Attachments

• VRZ_XT862_5.5.1_84_D3G-55_1FF_01.txt
    1.7 KB · Views: 79
Last edited:
Reactions: slvrarrow

stevefxp

Oct 16, 2007
Hello all,

Is anyone having trouble with the internal flash memory and/or sd card memory not being mounted when connected via USB cable to a PC? I seem to be having issues, even if I am connected via USB for charging only. Both the internal and SD flash memory does not mount. I literally have to reboot in order to get this back. I was having issues with 905 and was hoping it was fixed, but no luck.

Steve

Q9Nap

Feb 13, 2009
Dont worry. I have done this over 20 times. You are running 906 over Safestrap 890 while I did not use Safstrap any time with 902 / 905 / 906.

---------- Post added at 12:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:25 AM ----------

Guys no matter you are on 902/905/906. "AP Fastboot" SBF using RSD Lite 5.6 always works. But you need to skip allow-mbmloader-flashing-mbm.bin, mbmloader.bin & mbm.bin.

Extract all files from 890 SBF zip & remove following lines from VRZ_XT862_5.5.1_84_D3G-55_1FF_01.xml & select this xml file in RSD Lite for flashing

Also I strongly suggest that you do a factory reset from Original recovery (Power+X) but you switch to "AP Fastboot" for sbf flashing.

Thanks for the info :)
i may try this...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello!
    I'm back with another update.

The 5.7.906 update does include a kernel, BP and bootloader update just like 5.7.902 and 5.7.905.

The 5.7.906 update IS ROOTABLE using the exploit below.

Disclaimer: It is your choice to update your phone to this, not mine. If in any way do anything happen to your phone that never happened before, you are responsible. I am not responsible for anything that happens, ill effects or not, to the phone.

**OTA ROOTKEEPERS DO NOT WORK, PLEASE PROCEED WITH CAUTION**

THERE IS NO WAY BACK TO STOCK.

AFTER SEEING REPEATED PROBLEMS, IT IS RECOMMENDED THAT YOU FLASH THIS UPDATE WHILE ON A STOCK 5.6.890 OR OTHER UPDATE.
    DO NOT FLASH OVER AN ICS ROM OR ANY ROM. IF YOU HAVE PERFORMED THE TBH DROID 3 RADIO HACK YOU ARE RECOMMENDED TO NOT INSTALL ANY LEAKS.

5.7.906 Download Link: http://dev-host.org/uEA
    NOTE: If coming from 5.7.902 or 5.7.905, the kernel will not update. The kernels are the same in all three updates.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Root:
    D4 Root Exploit -- http://bit.ly/yGewgE
    The following credit goes out to:
    Motorola - For placing the update on the Staging server.
    5.7.906 UPDATE INFORMATION:
    System Version: 5.7.906.XT862.Verizon.en.US
    Android Version: 2.3.4
    Baseband Version: N_03.18.32P
    Kernel Version:
    2.6.35.7-g5fa4155
    xrpk47@il93lnxdroid25 #1

Build Number: 5.5.1_84_D3G-66_M2-10
    Get downloading!
    Well, after talking to Moto about why I can't accept this leak, I've concluded nothing, but they DID say that this is the latest update available for the Droid 3. As to why it hasn't been pushed...IDK!, but it is the latest confirmed update.
    To those who need instructions on installing, and do not care as long as it works:

It is likely someone has a better method, but I was able to upgrade to 906 going the route provided below. Both roms will be wiped during this process but your internal and external SD's should not be affected.

1. Put the 906 update on the root of your external SD card.
    2. Turn off phone.
    3. Boot in Safestrap. Toggle safestrap off.
    4. Reboot
    5. Pull battery or shut phone down again
    6. While turning on phone hold down X until you see a triangle with an ! and a droid dude.
    7. Press both the up and down volume buttons at the same time until you get to the bootloader menu.
    8. Wipe phone.
    9. Install update from external SD card.
    10. Choose 906
    11. Reboot.
    12. Wait awhile.
    13. Use Droid 4 root exploit to get root
    14. Re-install safestrap.
    15. Done!
    (You maybe able to restore an old Rom you have backed up on safestrap. I am not going to try it)
    For me "AP Fastboot" SBF using RSD Lite always works. But I have to skip allow-mbmloader-flashing-mbm.bin, mbmloader.bin & mbm.bin

<step operation="flash" partition="mbm" filename="allow-mbmloader-flashing-mbm.bin" MD5="1c5fe78a10bb79533934015b8eaddf8b" />
    <step operation="flash" partition="mbmloader" filename="mbmloader.bin" MD5="b09feb246298ca721e2ae6b3becdd1b4" />
    <step operation="flash" partition="mbm" filename="mbm.bin" MD5="6e062a68fe054ec128d4b253f1f3bd19" />