Screen protector recommendation??

Search This thread

Dangerous Dave

Mar 5, 2010
www.tinyurl.com
I've been through 2 different screen protectors now on my Eris and can't say I was overwhelmed with either. First was the ones Verizon sells. seemed durable but smudged waaay too easy IMHO. Second was off Ebay...part of a package deal with a charger, case, yada, yada. Already scratched to death in spite of reasonable care. Anyone tried one they're extremely impresed with that has stood the test of time (so far) and doesn't cost a ridiculous price?
Tanks,
D Dave

iloveandroid

Jan 10, 2010
I've been through 2 different screen protectors now on my Eris and can't say I was overwhelmed with either. First was the ones Verizon sells. seemed durable but smudged waaay too easy IMHO. Second was off Ebay...part of a package deal with a charger, case, yada, yada. Already scratched to death in spite of reasonable care. Anyone tried one they're extremely impresed with that has stood the test of time (so far) and doesn't cost a ridiculous price?
Tanks,
D Dave

I think without a screen protector is just fine, the screen protectors can scratch (unlike the screen) and can get WAY to many fingerprints

sickbox

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
Tanks,
D Dave

I also tried the ones from Verizon and one from ebay.

Verizon ones were ok but I kept getting annoyed when going up past the top since it doesn't exactly conform to the actual glass shape.

The ebay ones were the soft type which I really didn't like it almost made the screen sticky feeling?

I'm going bareback now. Afterall... http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=622582

Bergie37

Mar 4, 2010
I bought this one for my wife and I, and I'm very satisfied with it.

accessorygeeks.com/htc-droid-eris-s6200-hq-screen-protector.html

It goes on with ease, fits perfectly, and cleans easily with the included reusable wipe.

irod87

Mar 20, 2010
I have a zagg, its ok. Ive only ever used zagg because thats what I can buy at work....The only complaints about the zagg would be smudging and fingerprinting.

Lemcott

Mar 16, 2010
screen protectors? bah!

The droid eris, along with many many other smartphones use gorilla glass, I actually take pride trying to etch away my screen with my set of keys to show off to my friends with phones that dont have gorilla glass.

I have taken razor blades to this thing... seriously... not a single scratch.

and best of all, the eris itself is all rubberized plastic, which if it get's scratched you cant even tell. Had this thing in my pockets with keys and lighters and such and not a bloody scratch anywhere on it.

seanmcd72

Sep 11, 2007
I just got the Zagg screen protector at BB. It's only been half a day so It's not completely dry yet but I can tell it's going to be perfect. It will take a little getting used to as it's not as smooth feeling as being naked, but I feel pretty good about having bought it.

Kodiakco

Mar 21, 2010
Fayetteville, NC
After seeing the video, I don't use a screen protector at all. I do use a Otterbox Impact case but found that it interferes with the screen sensor. With that said they are sending me a new one for free to see if it's just my particular case.

theGross1

Mar 5, 2010
Chico, CA
ive since removed my invisible shield and wow its much better without a screen protector.

Sent from my vanilla Eris using the XDA mobile application powered by Tapatalk

dEris

Nov 6, 2009
Dallas Texas
google.com
I've used Zagg on two of my previous phones. Yrs I loved them and was well with the money. Since I got my Eris, I decided to go with something else. I came across "Phantom Skinz". Apparently it's the same materials Zagg uses but made better. This Phantom Skin has a more smoother feel to it and has less friction when sliding your finger on the screen. I would recommend it over the Zagg any day!

Sent from my Eris using Tapatalk

n0yd

Feb 20, 2008
Hartford, CT
i have a Invishield, fits the screen perfect. Ive tried poking a hole with a pen, scratching it, etc. The thing holds up great. Guaranteed for life. It does show finger print though, but so does the screen without a protector.

UNCbassbone

Jul 23, 2010
My dad has an iPhone given to him by his office as a work phone, and it came with a screen protector that I have never seen before. I would liken the feel of it to satin as opposed to the glossy Verizon protectors. Does anyone know what kind of screen protector this is, and is it available for the Eris?

Sent from my FroyoEris using XDA App