Votes: 1,461 94.1%
  • No

Votes: 91 5.9%

• Total voters
Search This thread

P0TT541

Apr 13, 2016
pulling changes from github

Hi, I've installed flashtool and the drivers, but when I run it, it stays on pulling changes from github and goes no further. Any help?

Phil T

Tan Jun Hong

Dec 3, 2014
Subang Jaya
HOW TO ROOT

• Start Flashtool
  • Connect the device to the computer and wait until it's recognized
  • Click the icon with the "Padlock [the second in a row]
  • FT will start pushing files, wait till it finishes. Meanwhile the phone will reboot once.

07_Root.PNG

• When it's over Flashtool will notify "Root Access Allowed"
  • Open the application list on the phone and look for the app "Superuser"

08_Superuser.png

• If "Superuser" is there you have Rooted your device successfully.
  • Congrats!

note: edited by G-FACE at November 25th

Why when i plug my phone in and press the root button, it gives me this :
03/012/2016 22:12:34 - INFO - Flashtool Version 0.9.22.3 built on 08-06-2016 22:30:00
03/012/2016 22:12:34 - INFO - Executing search strategies to find proxy selector
03/012/2016 22:12:34 - INFO - No proxy found for IE. Trying next one
03/012/2016 22:12:34 - INFO - Strategy firefox failed trying next one : No Firefox installation found
03/012/2016 22:12:34 - INFO - No proxy found for java. Trying next one
03/012/2016 22:12:34 - INFO - Syncing devices from github
03/012/2016 22:12:34 - INFO - Opening devices repository.
03/012/2016 22:12:35 - INFO - Scanning devices folder for changes.
03/012/2016 22:12:42 - INFO - Pulling changes from github.
03/012/2016 22:12:43 - INFO - Quietly closing devices repository.
03/012/2016 22:12:43 - INFO - Devices sync finished.
03/012/2016 22:12:43 - INFO - Loading devices database
03/012/2016 22:12:43 - INFO - Loaded 91 devices
03/012/2016 22:12:43 - INFO - Starting phone detection
03/012/2016 22:12:48 - INFO - Device connected with USB debugging on
03/012/2016 22:12:48 - INFO - Connected device : Sony Xperia Z5
03/012/2016 22:12:48 - INFO - Installed version of busybox : N/A
03/012/2016 22:12:48 - INFO - Android version : 6.0.1 / kernel version : 3.10.84-perf-gf1cfa5f / Build number : 32.2.A.0.253
03/012/2016 22:12:48 - INFO - Root access denied

Ricky_Karmator

Jul 25, 2012
Brescia
So Guys i have to mod the Xperia Z of my GF after 2 years in warranty. I just take the code from Sony to unlock the bootloader using the terminal and android SDK, but my question is: is flashtool the only way to flash custom recovery? Can't i do in the same way like my Nexus 6 and just download the .img file and flash it from fastoboot mode? I did it for my old HTC, Moto G and most other phones, but never try on a Sony device

slowgo1234

Dec 30, 2015
first time here with sony device....am trying to create a tft file..but the device selector is blank in flashtool...i downloaded the rom files from XF...?? what am i doing wrong...actually i flash tft files already...just that i want to go back to stock M...device is sony z3 d6603...

and the stock rom files are unpacked by XF...so i need to create the tft file...

first time here with sony device....am trying to create a tft file..but the device selector is blank in flashtool...i downloaded the rom files from XF...?? what am i doing wrong...actually i flash tft files already...just that i want to go back to stock M...device is sony z3 d6603...

and the stock rom files are unpacked by XF...so i need to create the tft file...

When you download file by Xperia firmware download,it downloads as zip file.just rename it's extension from zip to ftf.then move the file to flashtool/firmware folder then flashtool will detect it.

nicholasendean

Jul 3, 2005
LONDON
www.nicholasendean.com
A little help please buddys

Can anyone PLEASE give me a few instructions on how to flash the 575 kernel onto the Sony Z3C as I have read all I could find, but still don't understand where the options are within flashtool for kernel flashing. Am more than happy to donate as I need to have access to Titanium Backup pro which I have used for many previous Android devices. Any help grately appreciated.

I have gone through the various how to's and searched as best I could.

https://xdaforums.com/z3-compact/general/recovery-root-mm-575-lb-t3418714

https://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=19684995#post19684995

http://androxyde.github.io/Flashtool/

:eek:

Lerwazorz

Feb 2, 2014
Roche Caiman
Please help. I've just finished following above with success but not the phone is in a loop with some russian dialogue without input from me. Please help:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(
Please disregard or you can answer.
found another member with same problem who explained it better than me.

Last edited:

davepascual39

Nov 22, 2017
Hi , I having a problem flashing my Sony Xperia V. It is in stock rom Android 4.3 but it has a problem with playing audio files, even the ringtones and notification sounds does not play, when I play a media file it says Sound Enhancement stops. So, i decided to root and unlock the bootloader and install the cwm 14.1 Tsubasa Resurrection Remix. But, after installing it it does not play any sounds like the previous stock rom. It always says Audio Fx stops . I even install Viper (Dolby) sound enhancement but no luck.
So, I flash it on its original stock rom Android 4.1 using Adroxyde's flashtool I successfully flash it but still it does not play any sound even using headphones. I also disassemble it and check the speakers, but it works properly when I use it with other phones.
So, agin I decided to flash it again and download a the latest stock ROM from XperiaFirm then flashed it. During flashing it stop on about 80% (I think) then it says
system.sin is not valid
so it stop flashing. Then, I remove the device and start to on it but it does not turn on and only red lights blinks . Then I assume it is already bricked.

I flash it again, it does goes to flash mode. But , the problem starts. Whenever I flash it again it always stop and says.

loader.sin is not valid
fotakernel.sin is not valid
kernel.sin is not valid

What should I do about this? I try to flash it hundred of times but it always stops with those file error. I tried to exclude them but error still stops flashing.

NOTE: I'm using Flashtool 0.9.18.6 (as recommended by some people)
I assume that XperiaFirm's firmwares does not have any error and also downloaded all the ftf files from it and flash it. But it always stop at
loader.sin is not valid

babelon

Apr 1, 2015
hello, i have xperia xz3 dual h9493, a computer with windows 10, the porblem is, when i try to flash the firmware doesnt appear in the list, my phone is not recognized by flashtool.
i tried many recomendations, with no results, somebodu can help me?
thanks in advance

mstrnemo

Feb 1, 2021
Hey guys

I am kinda stuk i cant get the flashtool way to work to unlock my bootloader i seems to be missing drivers but i cant seem to get it to work.
I mean i dwonloaded from the site as per the how to on the sony site but for the life of me i cant get it to work someone please help a guy or noob this is my first time doing it.

My device is a sony m2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    DECLARATION​

This thread was created initially by me when flashtool appear on market :D

In the beginning of the week i was contacted by G-FACE to offer his help cause he had created a thread similar to this one on a site of his country. He offered himself to translate and i´ll put the translation here.
    Well, that wasn´t exactly how i see things. He do the job. He must take the credit for it:)

So, the next posts and despite the fact it appears like it was written/created by me that´s WRONG! He did it after contact mods and give him access to do so.

SO. Thank you G-FACE and thank HIM not me;)

----------------------------------------
    Hi all ;)

Since some guys having trouble using flashtools and how to abuse it :p, this is a "HOW TO FOR N00BIES".

Please visit the main thread to search for news and firmware updates.

Please, if this thread was usefull for you in some way don`t donate me anything. Just ckick on THANKS, RATE THIS THREAD on top and vote on POLL :). If you want to donate please do but on the right guys who made this incredible tool for us to use. Androxyde and Bin4ry.

Thank you all to get this thread sticky;)

CREDITS TO:

Androxyde
    Bin4ry
    Everyone from XDA
    and myself of course for making this :p

Regards,
    Ricardo Rendeiro
    [FLASHTOOL GUIDE] HOW TO for n00bies - THIS WILL BE TEMPORARILY CLOSED SOON

RECOGNIZING YOUR PHONE

Download the latest version of Flashtool from here: http://androxyde.github.com/Flashtool/ thanks to Androxyde & Bin4ry

Install Flashtool exe file and the update file if needed.

The first and most important thing is to be sure that Flashtool recognizes your phone:

• Start Flashtool
    • Connect the phone with the computer via USB cabel
    • Wait till flashtool shows that your device is recognized. You will see your phone model on "Connected device:"

01_x10_Detected.PNG

If you see in “Connected device” the name of your phone model you are good to go for next steps.

If your phone is not recognized by Flashtool that means you don’t have the required drivers installed.

• Open folder /Flashtool/drivers and install ggsetup-2.2.0.11

If after the above Flashtool still doesn’t recognize your phone, do the following:

• From Flashtool/drivers folder extract the zip file XXX_ADB_driver which corresponds to your phone model
    • Open “Device manager” on the computer and find the device which is with an exclamation mark on it (do this with connected to the computer phone)
    • Right click on the device and choose Uptade driver
    • Choose to find the driver manually and browse to the folder where you’ve extracted the zip file.
    • That should install the required drivers on your computer.

[FLASHTOOL GUIDE] HOW TO for n00bies - THIS WILL BE TEMPORARILY CLOSED SOON

HOW TO FLASH FIRMWARE [*.ftf file]

• Download SE firmware in *.ftf file format and put it in Flashtool/firmwares folder

02_1_Flash_Firmware_Folder.png

• Start Flashtool and click the First icon: the "Lightning" icon [Flash]
    • Choose the required firmware from the list (if you have more than one ftf file in /firmwares folder you will see all of them in the list)

02_Flash_Firmware_Choose.PNG

• Click the OK button
    • the following screen will pop-up

04_Flash_Firmware_Back_key.PNG

1. Unplug the USB cabel from the phone (you can leave it plugged in the PC)
    2. Turn off the phone
    3. Press and hold the "Back" button on the phone
    4. Plug in the USB cabel in the phone
    5. Release the "Back" button after the above screen disappers

• A flashing procedure will start...

05_Flash_Firmware_Flash.PNG

• Wait till Flashtool finishes flashing
    • The program will prompt you to power on your phone
    • Turn on "Uknown scources" and "USB Debugging" (in Settings/Applications/Development)

06_Flash_Firmware_Finish%20flashing.PNG

• Congratulations! You just flashed your phone successfuly.

UNINSTALLING SYSTEM APPS

• Start Flashtool
    • Connect your phone to the computer and wait for flashtool to recognize it
    • Click on the "Clean" button [fourth in a row]

19_Clean.png

• New window will popup
    • On the left side you will see all the system apps installed on the phone

20_Clean_apps.PNG

• Mark the app which you'd like to remove
    • Click the arrow pointing to the right and move unneeded apps in the right box
    • When you choose all of the apps you want to remove click the "ОК" button

21_Clean_select.PNG

• Wait till FT removes the files
    • If needed repeat the steps above

Tested on x10. Not sure if it'll work on other devices​

Happy playing!

INSTALLING APPLICATIONS [APK FILES] ON THE PHONE

Working on every Xperia range device

• Get the necessary apk files that you want to install on the phone
    • Copy them to /flashtool/custom/apps folder

22_APK_Installer_Folder.PNG

• Start Flashtool
    • Connect the device and wait till it's recognized
    • Click on the "APK installer" button [fifth in a row]

01_x10_Detected.PNG

• New window will popup
    • You will see the apps you previously put in /apps folder
    • Click the "OK" button

22_APK_Installer.PNG

• Wait until the files are pushed and installed
    • Open the apps list on the phone and make sure that the programs are installed
    Happy playing!