My new battery door (after market)

Search This thread

erik077

Jul 7, 2008
Elk Grove Village, Illinois
I got it from ebay for about $8.00, and YES it does add some thickness. Feels nice and cold but it looks like aluminum cover sitting on top of regular one. Feels good to change litlle bit and it $8 it's not too much to spend

vj9c2.jpg

2zznk74.jpg

14ahidl.jpg

2w74w06.jpg

9uvolv.jpg

Reactions: kms108 and Neo3D

erik077

Jul 7, 2008
How easy is it to put on and remove?

Sent from my SM-N900T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Little bit harder than oem (to put it on, needs extra press for click) and for removing you will need to use something like pry tool (forget about using nails), this thing is holding firm

Will it get warped with repeated use?

Don't know I just got it yesterday. It does look like aluminum frame is just attached to top regular door. It increases thickness but I don't use any cases right now (expecting one in next 2 days)

Last edited:
Reactions: Neo3D

kamfl610

Apr 8, 2011
Does it affect your signal any? A lot of people have said the aluminum frames, bumper or all around cases, seem to affect their mobile reception. Was just wondering if it did that or not.

kamfl610

Apr 8, 2011
I didn't see any difference while using this (except size and weight :))

One more question, you put this over your regular battery door and not a wireless charging battery door? The reason I ask, I have the wireless charging battery door which makes the overall back a bit thicker and wondered if this would fit over this. Probably not but I thought I'd ask. Sorry for all the questions. :p

kamfl610

Apr 8, 2011
Neither. This comes attached to new door.

Sent from my SM-N900P using xda app-developers app

Ah okay....thanks for answering the questions! :good: It won't work for me as I love my wireless charging door and looking for something to go over it to protect my phone somewhat.

kamfl610

Apr 8, 2011
Not sure could this aluminum part be removed and attached (glued) to charging cover. Don't have one to try it :)

Anything is possible. I've seen so many DIY here on this forum, it spins my mind. I'm not quite that handy but it's definitely an idea I'd like to see someone else try ;)

erik077

Jul 7, 2008
Sorry, I have been busy but here are couple pictures that might give you idea about possible modding. I almost broke this thing trying to show you more, but decided to stop since I have no wireless charging cover to experiment with it. I used red marking so you can see where is "lower" black cover (aluminum is attached to it, don't know how - didn't remove more than on picture itself but pic 3 shows something like clips), 2nd picture is same door from inside

2e49i89.jpg

2vl5zjo.jpg

2nsamfa.jpg

15hbu49.jpg

Reactions: kms108

kms108

Sep 16, 2007
it's a aluminum plate, so wireless charging is out.

quality looks good.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I got it from ebay for about $8.00, and YES it does add some thickness. Feels nice and cold but it looks like aluminum cover sitting on top of regular one. Feels good to change litlle bit and it $8 it's not too much to spend

vj9c2.jpg

2zznk74.jpg

14ahidl.jpg

2w74w06.jpg

9uvolv.jpg
    Mind paying a link good sir?

Sent from my SM-N900A using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Sure, http://www.ebay.com/itm/14115885092...eName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

Do not expect anything perfect, it's cheap but good to change for the price.
    How easy is it to put on and remove?

Little bit harder than oem (to put it on, needs extra press for click) and for removing you will need to use something like pry tool (forget about using nails), this thing is holding firm

Will it get warped with repeated use?

Don't know I just got it yesterday. It does look like aluminum frame is just attached to top regular door. It increases thickness but I don't use any cases right now (expecting one in next 2 days)
    Neither. This comes attached to new door.

Sorry, I have been busy but here are couple pictures that might give you idea about possible modding. I almost broke this thing trying to show you more, but decided to stop since I have no wireless charging cover to experiment with it. I used red marking so you can see where is "lower" black cover (aluminum is attached to it, don't know how - didn't remove more than on picture itself but pic 3 shows something like clips), 2nd picture is same door from inside

2e49i89.jpg

2vl5zjo.jpg

2nsamfa.jpg

15hbu49.jpg