[Q] Custom Bindary Counter: No?? Please help

Search This thread

linuxson

Nov 12, 2012
Hi

I am trying to install CM11 on my Galaxy S3 International, but get the following error when I try and update my Recovery and OS
When I boot into Download mode, it shows the Custom Binary counter as "No", which also stops me from adding any custom ROM's or Recoveries via Odin, which doesn't even detect the phone. USB debugging mode has been enabled
When I boot up into Recovery, it immediately shows the little android character on its side with a red exclamation mark, saying that no command was opened or given
This phone was given to me stock, as it wsa used by a family member who never messed around with anything on it except making calls and sending messages. It still has the stock Samsung ROM on it, android v4.3
I have tried sideloading Superuser, Recovery and CM11 to it, but that just gives me a signature verification error as well

View attachment 2907747

View attachment 2907748

tallman43

Aug 29, 2011
The Land of Android
Hi

I am trying to install CM11 on my Galaxy S3 International, but get the following error when I try and update my Recovery and OS
When I boot into Download mode, it shows the Custom Binary counter as "No", which also stops me from adding any custom ROM's or Recoveries via Odin, which doesn't even detect the phone. USB debugging mode has been enabled
When I boot up into Recovery, it immediately shows the little android character on its side with a red exclamation mark, saying that no command was opened or given
This phone was given to me stock, as it wsa used by a family member who never messed around with anything on it except making calls and sending messages. It still has the stock Samsung ROM on it, android v4.3
I have tried sideloading Superuser, Recovery and CM11 to it, but that just gives me a signature verification error as well

View attachment 2907747

View attachment 2907748

The screen shot is the normal for download mode it say's no because you have not flashed anything to your device from odin

Please do some more research before you brick your device you can't flash custom roms with odin you need a custom recovery read the basics look here >> http://xdaforums.com/galaxy-s3/general/samsung-galaxy-s3-sticky-roll-thread-t2344125 <<

linuxson

Nov 12, 2012
The screen shot is the normal for download mode it say's no because you have not flashed anything to your device from odin

Please do some more research before you brick your device you can't flash custom roms with odin you need a custom recovery read the basics look here >> http://xdaforums.com/galaxy-s3/general/samsung-galaxy-s3-sticky-roll-thread-t2344125 <<

Thanx for the reply tallman, but I have actually done this loads of times before, and am quite familiar with the whole setup. I currently have another S3 I am using with a ported version of MIUI v5, and used to flash CM versions constantly to my phone when I got bored. If you read the first part of my post, you will see that I mentione Odin does not recognize the above mentioned device, so I cant flash a custom recovery to it. Currently I am stuck as I cant flash recovery to it, and its native stock recovery also gives an error when I boot into it. I need to remove/reset the binary counter (have tried Triangle Away...but need superuser....which I cant flash cause it gives signature verification errors) and then see if it wont enable me to load recovery via Odin, and then flash CM via recovery. Any tips as to how I can fix the No option on my Custom Binary Download option?

tallman43

Aug 29, 2011
The Land of Android
Thanx for the reply tallman, but I have actually done this loads of times before, and am quite familiar with the whole setup. I currently have another S3 I am using with a ported version of MIUI v5, and used to flash CM versions constantly to my phone when I got bored. If you read the first part of my post, you will see that I mentione Odin does not recognize the above mentioned device, so I cant flash a custom recovery to it. Currently I am stuck as I cant flash recovery to it, and its native stock recovery also gives an error when I boot into it. I need to remove/reset the binary counter (have tried Triangle Away...but need superuser....which I cant flash cause it gives signature verification errors) and then see if it wont enable me to load recovery via Odin, and then flash CM via recovery. Any tips as to how I can fix the No option on my Custom Binary Download option?

Lol I did read the first post but as soon as you mentioned flashing custom roms with odin then this say's to me lack of knowledge:D

First thing first why are you trying to reset binary counter when it is already set to normal? The screen shot you provided shows a normal download screen.

Your problem is not the binary count it is Odin,have you tried another version of Odin or another recovery like PhilZ what error if any is odin giving?

linuxson

Nov 12, 2012
Lol I did read the first post but as soon as you mentioned flashing custom roms with odin then this say's to me lack of knowledge:D

First thing first why are you trying to reset binary counter when it is already set to normal? The screen shot you provided shows a normal download screen.

Your problem is not the binary count it is Odin,have you tried another version of Odin or another recovery like PhilZ what error if any is odin giving?

Lol...okay, I meant for the next part of the sentence to only mean "recovery via Odin"
Anyway, its the newest version of Odin. And while it may seem normal to some, this is not a "normal" load screen according to my previous experience. I bought my own S3, stock, and flashed roms to it almost immediately. The Custom Binary part is supposed to read either 0 (when new and unchanged) or any number after that depending on the amount of custom roms flashed. Odin does not detect the phone when in Download mode. It escapes me now the exact color and description at the top of the Odin window, but its supposed to show both color and text in one of those windows to indicate a succesful connection, which it doesnt

tallman43

Aug 29, 2011
The Land of Android
Lol...okay, I meant for the next part of the sentence to only mean "recovery via Odin"
Anyway, its the newest version of Odin. And while it may seem normal to some, this is not a "normal" load screen according to my previous experience. I bought my own S3, stock, and flashed roms to it almost immediately. The Custom Binary part is supposed to read either 0 (when new and unchanged) or any number after that depending on the amount of custom roms flashed. Odin does not detect the phone when in Download mode. It escapes me now the exact color and description at the top of the Odin window, but its supposed to show both color and text in one of those windows to indicate a succesful connection, which it doesnt

No offence about your experience but100% It's supposed to read "no" not 0. Also whatever it say's 1,5,8 this would not stop you flashing with Odin.

I would seriously look at another version of odin or reinstall drivers or have you tried this tool >> http://xdaforums.com/galaxy-s3/orig-development/samsung-galaxy-s3-unified-toolkit-v8-0-t1703488 << make sure kies is not running on your computer also (if you have it) it can interfere with Odin.

@linuxson Just had a thought you could also try and root with framroot >> http://xdaforums.com/apps/framaroot/root-framaroot-one-click-apk-to-root-t2130276 << and if you get it rooted you can flash a custom recovery with mobile Odin here >> https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=eu.chainfire.mobileodin.pro&hl=en <<

Last edited: