[Q] Screen Protectors

Search This thread

cromanorn

May 28, 2009
So I know Zagg is a really nice screen protector. But, a buddy of mine got it and itdoesn't fit the screen perfectly since it was designed off of the original Bionic specs and not on the updated ones.
Therefore, are there other screen protectors that are just as reliable and fitted for the Bionic?

luke1333

Aug 24, 2010
Cincinnati Ohio
So I know Zagg is a really nice screen protector. But, a buddy of mine got it and itdoesn't fit the screen perfectly since it was designed off of the original Bionic specs and not on the updated ones.
Therefore, are there other screen protectors that are just as reliable and fitted for the Bionic?

seriously? i already ordered one and im going to be mad if it doesnt fit right!!

0mie

Dec 2, 2007
Seattle
They are already sending out the new redesign to retailers, I used the old one just fine. They sent me a replacement after I called them and told them about the screw up. It should be here early in the week.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

cromanorn

May 28, 2009
So I bought one today. It fits fine. Don't know if Best Buy received the updated protectors, but it looks like the reason it doesn't fill the screen is because of the slight bevel around the edge. I wasn't fully aware of the bevel until I looked close. I was too busy playing with all the features. LOL :D

K.AuthoR

Nov 30, 2008
I got a Zagg from best buy as well, and the image on the box looks like the old Bionic design, not the current one. It fits okay, leaving room for the light sensors and camera and such, and goes close enough to the edges of the screen for me. If they come out with a new design I'll just get Zagg to fulfill me a new screen. :D

WhiskeySlx

Jan 12, 2010
Guys, you really don't need screen-protectors. The Bionic has the same Gorilla Glass as the OG that many of use abused for almost 2 years without issues.

Watch any number of youtube videos about it. This is the one that convinced me that screen-protectors are a scam:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H4qJHNIiXow

topxshelfxtre

Oct 30, 2010
Christiansburg,Va
I can confirm the zagg shield doesnt fit right at all i work at bestbuy and i installed one the other day pretty big gap between the sides and the shield
Sent from my DROID BIONIC using XDA App

topxshelfxtre

Oct 30, 2010
Christiansburg,Va
And screen protectors arent all a scam. Ive sold millions and for most phones its a life saver. Not all smartphones have gorilla glass

WhiskeySlx

Jan 12, 2010
And screen protectors arent all a scam. Ive sold millions and for most phones its a life saver. Not all smartphones have gorilla glass

The selling of millions of something isn't evidence that something is necessary (i.e. not a scam) *cough*monstercables*cough* ;) :p

But you're completely right - for many/most phones it probably makes sense; just not Bionic.

Reactions: RonnieFoxxx

maretus

Apr 12, 2011
Guys, you really don't need screen-protectors. The Bionic has the same Gorilla Glass as the OG that many of use abused for almost 2 years without issues.

Watch any number of youtube videos about it. This is the one that convinced me that screen-protectors are a scam:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H4qJHNIiXow

Gorilla glass isn't invincible. It's more about not shattering than it is about protecting scratches. I don't know about you, but getting a scratch on the screen is one of the worst things that can happen to one of my phones. It's like my eyes are drawn to the scratch.

Gorilla glass can definitely get scratched, but its hard to shatter like traditional screens.

Check out this "realistic scratch test" done on Gorilla glass. The phone drops and slides on the pavement which has definitely happened to me before. Even with gorilla glass, that screen gets messed up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EimSyAIuDoI

I used to think the same thing, that gorilla glass was invincible. Then, I scratched the eff out of my screen without a protector and vowed that I would never sacrifice a 600 dollar phone to save 15 bucks.

So, a 15 dollar screen protector is worth protecting a 600 device.

So many people think Gorilla glass is invincible, but its really not. It can be scratched quite easily. It might not break if you drop it, but it will definitely get scratched and I can't stand scratched screens!

Last edited:

kematocha

Apr 4, 2009
Sand will scratch Gorilla Glass for sure. I had my OG for 2 years almost, and never got a major scratch, but when my Bionic came I went ahead and installed the screen protector that came with my Otterbox Commuter. I agree when you spend this much on a phone why chance it over 15 bucks or so.

TauntingBull

Jul 29, 2011
Any word on how BodyGuardz fits guys? I ordered already..... Its gonna suck if it does not fit right.....

dotson817

Mar 28, 2011
If I had a screen protector on my Droid 3 with gorilla glass It wouldn't have had such a bad spiderweb permanent wallpaper;)
Sent from my DROID BIONIC using xda premium

emarusamun

Mar 9, 2011
I got the shell/holster combo cus it fits with extended battery and put one of the included screen protectors on my phone and omg they suck. The ppl complaining about the screen would have a heart attack if they saw how cloudy and ****ty these things make the screen look. Gonna get a real screen protector soon.

TauntingBull

Jul 29, 2011
I just got the BodyGuardz anti glare screen protector. It SUCKS A$$!

1. Not cut right.
2. Does not stick on the the edges.

SciFlyer

May 27, 2011
I couldn't agree more

I got the shell/holster combo cus it fits with extended battery and put one of the included screen protectors on my phone and omg they suck. The ppl complaining about the screen would have a heart attack if they saw how cloudy and ****ty these things make the screen look. Gonna get a real screen protector soon.

The screen protector that comes with the shell / holster sucks big time.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

The selling of millions of something isn't evidence that something is necessary (i.e. not a scam) *cough*monstercables*cough* ;) :p

But you're completely right - for many/most phones it probably makes sense; just not Bionic.