The Inspire was such a terrible phone...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

donalson

Jan 13, 2013
my wife and I got our inspire 4g phones on the day they came out... loved it except the battery life.

my wife managed to crack her digitizer after the 30th time she dropped it (or so ;) money was tight so a friend gave her an old iphone 3g POS... she hated every second with it.... we finally got the digitizer replaced and she is once again in love with it.

we're no longer on contract and moved to t-mobile (they have updated the frequency so we get "4g" on tmobile around here)

wife is still running 100% stock... I just recently started messing with roms (after rooting/flashing her kindle fire I got adventurous) i'm loving running jellybean on my old hardware, it runs smooth and looks clean...

i'm looking at upgrading but might just keep the inspire around... it's just a good phone despite it's age... but newer hardware calls out to me lol

kennethsime

Jun 9, 2012
Honestly, my Inspire has been the best phone I've ever had. I'm looking at newer HTC devices still even though I know they won't be updated as well as Samsung or Nexus devices, just because this has been such a solid phone.

snappycg1996

Dec 29, 2012
Simply being Android is better than iOS. iOS is for people who just want a fast phone, or if you wanna join the popular crowd/click. I'll stick with my Inspire, or any Android device, over iOS any day.

Sky_21

May 9, 2012
It's a Good Phone, but battery life kills it.

Its a normal average phone. It's my first year with the phone [ROOTED with AAHK], I had problems, but for most of them, XDA had helped me to fix them. The only BAD THING about the phone its the battery life. It's a good phoen for beginner's using Android and 4G. It's not better than Galaxy 3S, but not even close to WORST like I-PHONE 5. Thanks for reading and reply if you have any comment of this post.

Quotes That Enlights Society:

"The creators of 'us' and 'this'... The Hacker and God."
"Every new beginning comes from some other beginning’s end."
"Copy from one, it's plagiarism; copy from two, it's research."
"Computers are not intelligent. They only think they are
"Computers can figure out all kinds of problems, except the things in the world that just don't add up."
" You can only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough."
"What is a 'free' gift? Aren't all gifts free?"

Favorite One
"It's not the answer that enlights, its the question..."

tribestros

Nov 8, 2010
Denton, TX
Oh my God, are you still complaining? Grow up, get a job, LOL. Seriously. I pop in every month or so just to see if this thread died but still, months later, people trying to convince themselves how fantastic the Inspire is. LOL!

Best comment: "iPhone is if you want a fast phone."

LOL!

Carry on, I'll be back to point and laugh in another month.

Best part of all this haterade and "iPhone sucks" comments is that I really don't hate Android, but the Inspire left such a bad taste in my mouth and there really is no good Android at the moment. Holding out for the X but I doubt it, it'll probably be another fad phablet.

And Sky21 is clearly a crackhead, or autistic.

Last edited:

Gizmoe

Oh my God, are you still complaining? Grow up, get a job, LOL. Seriously. I pop in every month or so just to see if this thread died but still, months later, people trying to convince themselves how fantastic the Inspire is. LOL!

Best comment: "iPhone is if you want a fast phone."

LOL!

Carry on, I'll be back to point and laugh in another month.

Best part of all this haterade and "iPhone sucks" comments is that I really don't hate Android, but the Inspire left such a bad taste in my mouth and there really is no good Android at the moment. Holding out for the X but I doubt it, it'll probably be another fad phablet.

And Sky21 is clearly a crackhead, or autistic.

Actually your the only one complaining in this thread. You really should read it since its yours. Maybe you will figure out too that you are actually just an idiot and the phone works fine. Do you take drugs? No one here has agreed with you at all. You are just making yourself look like an idiot. You seem strongly convinced that your opinion means squat to other people and by you making a decision on something suddenly makes it a fact. You ever consider that maybe you are not an intellectual or even smart at all and need a device to reflect that flaw? You truly suffer from a delusion of believing other people care what you think, and that what you think is some sort of gift of knowledge. It's pretty crazy like someone who uses drugs. The only person you can laugh at is yourself because you are sitting on your own side of the fence on this one.

Sent from my Inspire 4G using xda premium

Last edited:
Reactions: bananagranola

tribestros

Nov 8, 2010
Denton, TX
Actually your the only one complaining in this thread. You really should read it since its yours. Maybe you will figure out too that you are actually just an idiot and the phone works fine. Do you take drugs? No one here has agreed with you at all. You are just making yourself look like an idiot. You seem strongly convinced that your opinion means squat to other people and by you making a decision on something suddenly makes it a fact. You ever consider that maybe you are not an intellectual or even smart at all and need a device to reflect that flaw? You truly suffer from a delusion of believing other people care what you think, and that what you think is some sort of gift of knowledge. It's pretty crazy like someone who uses drugs. The only person you can laugh at is yourself because you are sitting on your own side of the fence on this one.

Why? Since when does it seem like I care what people think? You all clearly got trolled, yet you all are still whining about it 11 pages and many months later. Obviously people don't care, that's why there are 11 pages worth of people defending their phone and I find it kind of laughable that people got this uptight over a phone. Yet they are STILL whining about my OP. LOL!

Fact of the matter; it's not my opinion, it is a FACT. The Thunderbolt and the DHD/Inspire did so much damage to HTC as a brand that they are barely treading water. Thus, it being such a terrible phone that it could very well turn people off from Android.

Continue bickering, lmfao.

Not to mention you don't even know how to properly form a sentence. Your entire post is littered with grammatical errors and mistakes. So why exactly would I care what a kid like yourself has to say, one who can't even form a proper sentence? I mean, let's go through and number the amount of grammatical errors in your post. Not hard.

1. Actually you're (you're is a contraction of "you are" thus grammatically correct) the only one complaining in this thread. (Also a fallacy, there is a profuse amount of complaining that I posted this thread and dislike Android due to it, but I'll let it slide.)

2. Maybe you will figure out too (Really unnecessary and makes the sentence harder to read.) that you are actually just an idiot and the phone works fine. (Actually no, that's why the phone had terrible reviews on launch and HTC is barely treading water due to it as well as the Thunderbolt. The phone had the highest return rate of any phone on the market during its life cycle.)

3. No one here has agreed with you at all. (Logical fallacy, this is an Android developer forum, so of course.)

4. You seem strongly convinced that your opinion means squat to other people (The whole point of your post is that I think my opinion matters, right? Fallacy.) and by you making a decision on something suddenly makes it a fact. (More fallacy. I have had the phone for years.)

5. You ever consider that maybe you are not an intellectual or even smart at all and need a device to reflect that flaw? (More fallacy. You have an old mid-range smartphone littered with bugs and poor battery life, and two years later you still have it which infers that you are in fact poor, so probably a mother's basement intellectual.)

6. You truly suffer from a delusion of believing other people care what you think, and that what you think is some sort of gift of knowledge. (You just told me that I was sure that my opinion was squat. Huh? And there's no need for the comma, that's a splice.)

7. The only person you can laugh at is yourself because you are sitting on your own side of the fence on this one.
(More fallacy. Once again, this post was made months ago and I didn't even bother to read it months later. But people still obsessed over a month-old thread in effort to call me an idiot for switching to iPhone. Which is funny, considering Android wouldn't be here without the iPhone. Anyway, I digress, the entire analogy you attempted to make is really incorrect, of course I'm sitting on my own side of the fence. Would I be sitting on YOUR side of the fence? Why would I? I'm my own person, right?)

Might want to fix those grammatical errors and fallacies in your argument before you attempt to call people stupid. Just sayin'.

Last edited:

Gizmoe

Why? Since when does it seem like I care what people think? You all clearly got trolled, yet you all are still whining about it 11 pages and many months later. Obviously people don't care, that's why there are 11 pages worth of people defending their phone and I find it kind of laughable that people got this uptight over a phone. Yet they are STILL whining about my OP. LOL!

Fact of the matter; it's not my opinion, it is a FACT. The Thunderbolt and the DHD/Inspire did so much damage to HTC as a brand that they are barely treading water. Thus, it being such a terrible phone that it could very well turn people off from Android.

Not to mention you don't even know properly form a sentence. Your entire post is littered with grammatical errors and mistakes. So why exactly would I care what a kid like yourself has to say, one who can't even form a proper sentence? I mean, let's go through and number the amount of grammatical errors in your post. Not hard.

1. Actually you're (you're is a contraction of "you are" thus grammatically correct) the only one complaining in this thread. (Also a fallacy, there is a profuse amount of complaining that I posted this thread and dislike Android due to it, but I'll let it slide.)

2. Maybe you will figure out too (Really unnecessary and makes the sentence harder to read.) that you are actually just an idiot and the phone works fine. (Actually no, that's why the phone had terrible reviews on launch and HTC is barely treading water due to it as well as the Thunderbolt. The phone had the highest return rate of any phone on the market during its life cycle.)

3. No one here has agreed with you at all. (Logical fallacy, this is an Android developer forum, so of course.)

4. You seem strongly convinced that your opinion means squat to other people (The whole point of your post is that I think my opinion matters, right? Fallacy.) and by you making a decision on something suddenly makes it a fact. (More fallacy. I have had the phone for years.)

5. You ever consider that maybe you are not an intellectual or even smart at all and need a device to reflect that flaw? (More fallacy. You have an old mid-range smartphone littered with bugs and poor battery life, and two years later you still have it which infers that you are in fact poor, so probably a mother's basement intellectual.)

6. You truly suffer from a delusion of believing other people care what you think, and that what you think is some sort of gift of knowledge. (You just told me that I was sure that my opinion was squat. Huh? And there's no need for the comma, that's a splice.)

7. The only person you can laugh at is yourself because you are sitting on your own side of the fence on this one.
(More fallacy. Once again, this post was made months ago and I didn't even bother to read it months later. But people still obsessed over a month-old thread in effort to call me an idiot for switching to iPhone. Which is funny, considering Android wouldn't be here without the iPhone. Anyway, I digress, the entire analogy you attempted to make is really incorrect, of course I'm sitting on my own side of the fence. Would I be sitting on YOUR side of the fence? Why would I? I'm my own person, right?)

Might want to fix those grammatical errors and fallacies in your argument before you attempt to call people stupid. Just sayin'.

You really should lay off the drugs. I fear the damage will be permanent.

bananagranola

Jul 11, 2012
tuxreview.wordpress.com

Not to mention you don't even know properly form a sentence. Your entire post is littered with grammatical errors and mistakes. So why exactly would I care what a kid like yourself has to say, one who can't even form a proper sentence? I mean, let's go through and number the amount of grammatical errors in your post. Not hard.

Oh, this guy is cute...he thinks we are still responding to his comments. It seems he has a bit of an inflated opinion of the OP's role in a thread that he abandoned. How adorable.

And...does he really want to get into grammar nitpicking on an internet forum? I mean, I quote: "Not to mention you don't even know properly form a sentence." Really? This guy is throwing stones?

Last edited:
Reactions: Gizmoe

tribestros

Nov 8, 2010
Denton, TX
Oh, this guy is cute...he thinks we are still responding to his comments. It seems he has a bit of an inflated opinion of the OP's role in a thread that he abandoned. How adorable.

And...does he really want to get into grammar nitpicking on an internet forum? I mean, I quote: "Not to mention you don't even know properly form a sentence." Really? This guy is throwing stones?

There is about 8 pages of people responding to my original thread and 11 pages worth of this thread as a whole. Furthermore, there's a difference in obviously omitting a few words on accident and incorrectly using the word "you're".

Nice try.

Gizmoe

There is about 8 pages of people responding to my original thread and 11 pages worth of this thread as a whole. Furthermore, there's a difference in obviously omitting a few words on accident and incorrectly using the word "you're".

Nice try.

Nobody cares about grammar here. I never claimed to have good grammar anyways. Also if you look at my whole post you will see I use "you are" for the rest of the post. And as bananagranola pointed out, you don't bash on someone's grammar and then make a completey improper sentence yourself. It makes you look like the idiot, not me. But as you already stated, your just a troll, so troll on.

Reactions: bananagranola
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    That I'm now buying an iPhone 5. I was an original iPhone guy, but went when they went glass to the Aria...then the Inspire...and the Inspire is quite possibly the worst phone ever. No ROMs can help it. Complete garbage. Anyone else done with Android or jumping ship over the Inspire's terribleness?

You just have to know what your doing. The iPhone is made for your type so it will probably be the better choice for you. Android is made for people that want to be able to decide what their phone can or can't do, and have the tech knowledge to achieve it. IPhone is garbage and apple is a terrible company that stifles innovation. Iphones only good purpose is to make smart phones accessible to my grandma.

IPhone is good for you. Android is meant for people that know what they are doing. I personally don't want a company deciding for me how my device should be used. But I guess some of us need our hands held. And to compare the IPhone 5 to a phone this old is just ridiculous and you are well aware of that. You hold it up to the note 2 or the droid DNA and it can't even compete. Really what is the purpose of you originally starting this thread and then coming back much later to just troll once again. I say your just trolling and I know you used the device for quite some time. If the device was really that bad then someone would have agreed. But since your not the type to read, even when it is your own thread, I can point out that not a single person agrees with you. Take your nonsense flaming somewhere else. Nobody cares what you think.

If you don't like or want the inspire ill take it right off your hands. Personally I'd go back to a flip phone before swapping to and iPhone. You say lack of battery may be the problem but atleast when our is having problems we can buy a new one and swap it out without voiding our warrenty. Lols anywho. Have fun going to a restricted Communistic phone :)

Thread Closed

Thread Closed as I think it has run its course and then some.

mf2112
    XDA Moderator
    it's funny I was just telling my boy the other day how this is best phone I've ever had! 2 years and still going strong...i like the weight.