trying to use my note 2 on tmobile help.

Search This thread

sideshow20

Sep 11, 2008
So i decided to switch from verizon to tmobile. i would like to know how can i get it to work on that network? what would i have to do? i tried changing the apn settings and all i get is edge? is this right? when they welcome you bringing your phone over...my phone is rooted and i am using the Cleanrom ACE 5.0 tmobile version...should i switch it back to the verizon verison and try again? thanks for your help in advanced.

MunkinDrunky

Feb 25, 2012
Hows tmobile in your area? You might only get edge cause the service isn't as fast. I dunno. Other people changesdthe apns and have good enough speeds. There are a couple threads about this.

TX_Jax

Jan 8, 2014
SE AZ
Just did it!

So i decided to switch from verizon to tmobile. i would like to know how can i get it to work on that network? what would i have to do? i tried changing the apn settings and all i get is edge? is this right? when they welcome you bringing your phone over...my phone is rooted and i am using the Cleanrom ACE 5.0 tmobile version...should i switch it back to the verizon verison and try again? thanks for your help in advanced.

What did you change the apn settings to? (from where?)

The ones on the tmobile site don't work. I had to go to the t-mobile store and look at the settings on the Galaxy Note 3

The APN type is default,mms,supl - note there is no space.

Netowrk Mode is GSM/UMTS.

Good Luck.

sideshow20

Sep 11, 2008
What did you change the apn settings to? (from where?)

The ones on the tmobile site don't work. I had to go to the t-mobile store and look at the settings on the Galaxy Note 3

The APN type is default,mms,supl - note there is no space.

Netowrk Mode is GSM/UMTS.

Good Luck.

mind sharing those settings? all i get is 3g now and some h+ but the bars are pretty low...and i cant even connect to the play store at all.

TX_Jax

Jan 8, 2014
SE AZ

cmjlab

Dec 15, 2013
OnePlus 6
For what it's worth, I have had success with an type:
default, mms, suppl, fota, hipri

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda app-developers app