DISCONTINUED .: :: Zips Creamed Glacier v4.05 :: :. [DISCONTINUED]

Should Next release have soft Key enabled ?

• Yes, I want soft key enabled!

Votes: 19 20.7%
  • No, I don't need that!

Votes: 30 32.6%
  • I Don't care as long the new release is stable!

Votes: 43 46.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

zipsnet

Dec 22, 2010
Sunny Florida
forum-banner.jpg

CURRENT VERSION 4.05

I DO NOT LONGER HAVE A GLACIER, MY DAUGHTER PUT MY PHONE IN THE TOILET AND IT WON'T TURN ON ANYMORE, IF ANYONE UPGRADING IS WILLING TO DONATE OR SELL HIS PHONE PLEASE LET ME KNOW SO I CAN CONTINUE DEVELOPING FOR THE HTC GLACIER

RIGHT NOW I'M CAN'T TEST THE BUILD, PLEASE REPORT ANY FINDING

We are now using AROMA INSTALLER, please take your time to get familiar with the Installer

HOW TO INSTALL
Backup All your Apps.
Format /data and /cache
Install ROM (aroma installer, no apps included)

Version 4.05

I WAS NOT ABLE TO TEST IN FULL THIS ROM I DON'T KNOW WHAT WORKS OR DOESN'T WORK

Version 4.05
  • Camera Force preview ON/OFF (Default OFF) <- You Need to turn this ON
  • Camera select picture from raw/jpeg
  • Camera Power shutter ON/OFF
  • Camera Sounds (Disable option Under Device / Sounds)
  • Reorganized Settings Menu
  • Zips Control only by Settings menu
  • Fixed Wall Paper LockScreen
  • Fixed Custom Icon LockScreen
  • Added LockScreen Calendar
  • Added LockScreen Weather
  • Trackpad Working
  • Fix for Medscape Application
  • Games running smoothly (Temple run, Angry Birds, etc)
  • Weather in notification bar
  • Different circle mod battery icon
  • Removed ZipsControl Backup / Restore

What Works
  • Camera working
  • New Audio Drivers
  • New Adreno Grafics Lib
  • SMS/MMS
  • GPS/ Maps Navigation
  • Sound
  • Calling
  • Touchscreen
  • 3G/4G Connectivity/Indicator
  • Gmail sync
  • Google Music
  • Calendar sync
  • Facebook sync
  • All sensors
  • Bluetooth
  • Headphones
  • Google Contacts Backup/Restore
  • Wi-Fi tether
  • Data usage tracker
  • Video streaming and playback
  • Genius Button
  • Full 3D HW acceleration

Etc, etc, etc

NOT WORKING

• WIFI Calling
  • Video Camera (Recording)

YOU TELL ME !!

This ROM was made for personal use , but since Febycy is not longer maintaining Creamed Glacier, I have decided to step up and keep up with his legacy.

I'll be updating the ROM and patches, Wednesday of each week, unless something special arise so please be patience!

NOTE: I do this for free, I'm not here for fame nor donations, If you don't like to wait (few days) for a fix or you want things done NOW, you are more than welcome to use any other ROM and I spect you to treat me and my work with respect, same as others in this Thread,

Thanks to Febycv, LorD ClockaN, twistedumbrella, aospx, AOKP, blackwing182 and firesnatch.

Special Thanks to Kontagious for the Banner,Icons and Splash Images

and I2IEAILiiTY for all the Testing and help provided
:)

I hope you Enjoy my work!

-Zips

Project Home: http://www.zipsnet.mobi/

Report Issues: http://code.google.com/p/zipsnet-ics/issues/list

Last edited:

Orical

May 22, 2011
Boston
Now that everything got released were seeing more from ICS, good job man and thanks for the release.

And of coarse TeeJay beats me to the first post... lol.

zipsnet

Dec 22, 2010
Sunny Florida
Zips ICS splash image

If you like to install Zips ICS splash img in you phone, follow these simple steps.

1.- Click on the Splash to download splash.img file
2.- Boot your Phone into fastboot mode.
3.- execute: fastboot flash splash1 splash.img
4.- Reboot to see your new splash screen

Thanks

Last edited:

zipsnet

Dec 22, 2010
Sunny Florida
guidetoodexdeodex2.jpg

WHAT IS AN ODEX FILE?

In Android file system, applications come in packages with the extension .apk. These application packages, or APKs contain certain .odex files whose supposed function is to save space. These ‘odex’ files are actually collections of parts of an application that are optimized before booting. Doing so speeds up the boot process, as it preloads part of an application. On the other hand, it also makes hacking those applications difficult because a part of the coding has already been extracted to another location before execution.

THEN COMES DEODEX

Deodexing is basically repackaging of these APKs in a certain way, such that they are reassembled into classes.dex files. By doing that, all pieces of an application package are put together back in one place, thus eliminating the worry of a modified APK conflicting with some separate odexed parts.

In summary, Deodexed ROMs (or APKs) have all their application packages put back together in one place, allowing for easy modification such as theming. Since no pieces of code are coming from any external location, custom ROMs or APKs are always deodexed to ensure integrity.

HOW THIS WORKS

For the more geeky amongst us, Android OS uses a Java-based virtual machine for running applications, called the Dalvik Virtual Machine. A deodexed, or .dex file contains the cache used by this virtual machine (referred to as Dalvik-cache) for a program, and it is stored inside the APK. An .odex file, on the other hand, is an optimized version of this same .dex file that is stored next to the APK as opposed to inside it. Android applies this technique by default to all the system applications.

Now, when an Android-based system is booting, the davlik cache for the Davlik VM is built using these .odex files, allowing the OS to learn in advance what applications will be loaded, and thus speeds up the booting process.

By deodexing these APKs, a developer actually puts the .odex files back inside their respective APK packages. Since all code is now contained within the APK itself, it becomes possible to modify any application package without conflicting with the operating system’s execution environment.

ADVANTAGES & DISADVANTAGES

The advantage of deodexing is in modification possibilities. This is most widely used in custom ROMs and themes. A developer building a custom ROM would almost always choose to deodex the ROM package first, since that would not only allow him to modify various APKs, but also leave room for post-install theming.

On the other hand, since the .odex files were supposed to quickly build the dalvik cache, removing them would mean longer initial boot times. However, this is true only for the first ever boot after deodexing, since the cache would still get built over time as applications are used. Longer boot times may only be seen again if the dalvik cache is wiped for some reason.

For a casual user, the main implication is in theming possibilities. Themes for android come in APKs too, and if you want to modify any of those, you should always choose a dedoexed custom ROM.

Last edited:

invasion2

Oct 3, 2011
Space, the ONLY Frontier
I think you guys took his reserves....lol. Anyway great ROM zips, hope you can continue making ICS as best as it can be for the Glacier :)

Sent from my Sense 3.6 Glacier using XDA Premium.

invasion2

Oct 3, 2011
Space, the ONLY Frontier
They aren't accepting applications right now. I pmed chainfire and he said it'll be open "soon". And yes that does mean I'll be applying when its open again. Probably won't make it. Oh well zips will xD

Sent from my Sense 3.6 Glacier using XDA Premium.

alexriio

Jan 22, 2012
Is low mic fixed with new audio drivers? Like ice cold sanchwich.

Sent from my MyTouch 4G using xda premium

THEindian

Nov 20, 2011
Nicely done man, there are WAY too many ICS roms :). I hope you have fun making these roms, so does this carry any improvements over the "old" Creamed Glacier?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    forum-banner.jpg

CURRENT VERSION 4.05

I DO NOT LONGER HAVE A GLACIER, MY DAUGHTER PUT MY PHONE IN THE TOILET AND IT WON'T TURN ON ANYMORE, IF ANYONE UPGRADING IS WILLING TO DONATE OR SELL HIS PHONE PLEASE LET ME KNOW SO I CAN CONTINUE DEVELOPING FOR THE HTC GLACIER

RIGHT NOW I'M CAN'T TEST THE BUILD, PLEASE REPORT ANY FINDING

We are now using AROMA INSTALLER, please take your time to get familiar with the Installer

HOW TO INSTALL
    Backup All your Apps.
    Format /data and /cache
    Install ROM (aroma installer, no apps included)

Version 4.05

I WAS NOT ABLE TO TEST IN FULL THIS ROM I DON'T KNOW WHAT WORKS OR DOESN'T WORK

Version 4.05
    • Camera Force preview ON/OFF (Default OFF) <- You Need to turn this ON
    • Camera select picture from raw/jpeg
    • Camera Power shutter ON/OFF
    • Camera Sounds (Disable option Under Device / Sounds)
    • Reorganized Settings Menu
    • Zips Control only by Settings menu
    • Fixed Wall Paper LockScreen
    • Fixed Custom Icon LockScreen
    • Added LockScreen Calendar
    • Added LockScreen Weather
    • Trackpad Working
    • Fix for Medscape Application
    • Games running smoothly (Temple run, Angry Birds, etc)
    • Weather in notification bar
    • Different circle mod battery icon
    • Removed ZipsControl Backup / Restore

What Works
    • Camera working
    • New Audio Drivers
    • New Adreno Grafics Lib
    • SMS/MMS
    • GPS/ Maps Navigation
    • Sound
    • Calling
    • Touchscreen
    • 3G/4G Connectivity/Indicator
    • Gmail sync
    • Google Music
    • Calendar sync
    • Facebook sync
    • All sensors
    • Bluetooth
    • Headphones
    • Google Contacts Backup/Restore
    • Wi-Fi tether
    • Data usage tracker
    • Video streaming and playback
    • Genius Button
    • Full 3D HW acceleration

Etc, etc, etc

NOT WORKING

• WIFI Calling
    • Video Camera (Recording)

YOU TELL ME !!

This ROM was made for personal use , but since Febycy is not longer maintaining Creamed Glacier, I have decided to step up and keep up with his legacy.

I'll be updating the ROM and patches, Wednesday of each week, unless something special arise so please be patience!

NOTE: I do this for free, I'm not here for fame nor donations, If you don't like to wait (few days) for a fix or you want things done NOW, you are more than welcome to use any other ROM and I spect you to treat me and my work with respect, same as others in this Thread,

Thanks to Febycv, LorD ClockaN, twistedumbrella, aospx, AOKP, blackwing182 and firesnatch.

Special Thanks to Kontagious for the Banner,Icons and Splash Images

and I2IEAILiiTY for all the Testing and help provided
    :)

I hope you Enjoy my work!

-Zips

Project Home: http://www.zipsnet.mobi/

Report Issues: http://code.google.com/p/zipsnet-ics/issues/list

Low MIC Fix

I've finally managed to fix wired headset Low MIC issue, hooray!

Low MIC Fix includes:
    Handset Fix
    Headset Fix
    DualMic Fix

This fix should work for any ICS powered Roms and kernels for HTC Glacier/HTC Panache, probably will work for HTC Ace and HTC Vision too.
    The update is coming, just having some personal issues that I have to take care first and to be honest, yes I do have the HTC ONE S, but I will keep updating this ROM. I won't go away.

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using Tapatalk 2
    Zips Glacier ------ DISCONTINUED ------------

Sorry Guys, but not having a Phone where to test builds, is pretty difficult for me to continue helping the community, I'll be around just in case.

Thanks

-Zips

family is first take your time :).

i can help you for that patches if you dont have time just hit me op ok

regads

Thanks,

I'm getting ready now to release new update (few days), it will bring a lot of surprises ! :D

-Z