[MOD] 14 Toggle UVLE1 with working usb

Search This thread

Beefvvl

Sep 11, 2010
San Diego
Mods only work for deodexed ROMS, hence Mr.X flashable (and deodexed ) stock ROM. Always read op before flashing :)

Sent from the Darkside, ICS style

He said to do this for the non deodexed ROMs. Which was not in the OP.

For stock odexed roms like the odin tar you need to
use root explorer to
rename the systemui.odex to systemui.odex.bak after flashing
and reboot
if you run into problems just use the revert and rename it back to original name

But still didn't work for me lol.

Rushing

Jan 13, 2012
Los Angeles
Mr X s ROM is deodexed

The Odin flashable ROM that Steven77 put out, completely stock ROM is not deodexed.

What is the difference between an odexed rom and a deodexed rom? And how do I find out whether my ROM is deodexed or not?

"...To know weather your phone is Deodexed or Odex, just open Root Explorer app and navigate to "/system/app" and check if there files with ".odex" extension....If yes then your ROM is Odexed. Otherwise, your ROM is Deodexed....The benefits of having an Odexed ROM :1. More space in "/data" partition.2. First boot is faster.The benefits of having a Deodex ROM :1. You can customize the ROM the way you want without worrying about odexes...."
Quoted from@ D@rekills4

Sent from my SGH-T989 using xda premium

Last edited:

donm76

Dec 29, 2011
When I tried to rename the systemui.odex file after flashing, It said it was a read only file, and cannot be renamed. I guess it's just not meant to be for me. I was trying to avoid flashing a rom due to how perfect the phone has been since I updated to ICS. All I need are the toggles back and the phone candy theme I had while on Juggs 5.0:(

jim93

Oct 18, 2011
When I tried to rename the systemui.odex file after flashing, It said it was a read only file, and cannot be renamed. I guess it's just not meant to be for me. I was trying to avoid flashing a rom due to how perfect the phone has been since I updated to ICS. All I need are the toggles back and the phone candy theme I had while on Juggs 5.0:(

You need to be superuser to edit it and use root explorer or some shell program where you can do
sudo mv oldfilename newfilename

Reactions: donm76

Rushing

Jan 13, 2012
Los Angeles
d03627e7-7ce8-273b.jpg
d03627e7-7bc3-c249.jpg

If you are rooted then download Root Explorer.

then go to where the app is and look near the top and you will see a button read write, read only click it make it mounted as read /write then proceed

Last edited:
Reactions: donm76

Digital1325

Apr 29, 2010
I can also confirm that this works on Mr.x's stock rooted Telus rom as well... Thanks for this, missed the toggles!

Tried flashing this over the Telus base and the radio stopped working and a message came up on my notification bar telling me to press Menu and 0 to unlock the phone.

Story short: this DOESN'T work with the Telus base.

Thanks for posting this regardless, though.

Mr.H0811

Dec 22, 2009
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Tried flashing this over the Telus base and the radio stopped working and a message came up on my notification bar telling me to press Menu and 0 to unlock the phone.

Story short: this DOESN'T work with the Telus base.

Thanks for posting this regardless, though.

Hopefully you saw my follow up post that I had spoken too soon. Sorry I tried to repost quickly to avoid having anyone flash based on my early response.

donm76

Dec 29, 2011
You need to be superuser to edit it and use root explorer or some shell program where you can do
sudo mv oldfilename newfilename

If you are rooted then download Root Explorer.

then go to where the app is and look near the top and you will see a button read write, read only click it make it mounted as read /write then proceed

I'm rooted with superuser permissions.I was using root explorer, I just didn't have the r/o- r/w mounted correctly. I feel stupid now. It's flashed and working now. Thanks to you both. Though I do notice it says t-mobile in the status bar now and it cuts the icons out somewhat. Hmmm
Screenshot_2012-06-14-08-54-56.png

Last edited:

v8dreaming

Aug 15, 2010
N. Las Vegas
Nevermind. Found it /system/app/SystemUI.odex

Didn't work for me on stock Odin LE1.

I tried reverting back. Also when I try powering off or restarting it will hang at the Tmobile goodbye screen. I have to hard power it off.

The same thing has happened to me. I renamed the systemui.odex file after flashing, rebooted and the status bar was gone. Changed the file name back and flashed the revert file. Now phone gets stuck when powering off. It's really annoying.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using XDA

Last edited:

smali26

Mar 24, 2007
Union, NJ
Mr X s ROM is deodexed

The Odin flashable ROM that Steven77 put out, completely stock ROM is not deodexed.

What is the difference between an odexed rom and a deodexed rom? And how do I find out whether my ROM is deodexed or not?

AppOdex ROMs have their main files moved to another area for faster booting while when you deodex the ROM these files are compiled back inside the APK....To know weather your phone is Deodexed or Odex, just open Root Explorer app and navigate to "/system/app" and check if there files with ".odex" extension....If yes then your ROM is OdexOtherwise, your ROM is Deodexed....The benefits of having a Odex ROM :1. More space in "/data" partition.2. First boot is faster.The benefits of having a Deodex ROM :1. You can customize the ROM the way you want without worrying about odexes....
@ D@rekills4

You are the best!!! that was the answer i was looking for. you gave great details. i learned something new today because of you and i thank you again.
Cheers!!!

BTW: is there a way to deodex a rom that is Odex?

Last edited:

scuzzbag87

Jul 26, 2011
Tustin
4g icon

i take it this is taken from the skyrocket cuz of the 4g logo. is there any way someone could change it to the tmobile 4g logo cuz i dont like how the at&t one looks. i dont mean to be a stickler but i just like the way the tmobile one looks

JaylanPHNX

Nov 16, 2010
I would like to politely +1 the request to get this working for Mr X's Telus ROM (it's so much cleaner than the TMobile version).

Sent from my beastly Galaxy S 2.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I recompiled the 14 toggle mod to be compatible with the UCLE1 leak and still work with USB.

I have only tested with mr x. UVLE1 stock rom base (The Tmobile ICS Stock).

14toggle.zip - applies the 14 toggle
    revertBar.zip - takes you back to stock (Use this if to get back to stock if you have any problems) (LE1)

rom needs to be deodexed

use root explorer to
    and reboot
    if you run into problems just use the revert and rename it back to original name
    use root explorer to
    and reboot
    To the OP, thanks, and its a 15 toggle pull down :D I counted three times:beer:

Here are the steps** For TMobile stock Odin flashable ROM
    ** done with a freshly rooted and everything factoryfresh device

1. Requirements= a. You have rooted your device
    b. You have Root Explorer or equivalent /app/ or skill
    c . You have the toggle.zip and the revert.zip on your /external_sd/ Thank the OP

2. Power off your phone and then enter Clockworkmod Recovery

3. Scroll to select the toggle .zip and flash it.

4. Now "Reboot phone"

5.Wow, look at that no Toggles.. Lets fix that shall we?

6. Go to Root Explorer and goto system/app/SystemUI.odex. Now tap the Mount R/W button on the top of screen. your device will be mounted as r/w which is "read and write".

7. Rename SystemUI.odex to SystemUI.odex.bak

to so this hold down on the file (/system/app/SystemUI.odex) until options which include rename appear. Rename the File add .bak SystemUI.odex + bak =SystemUI.odex.bak

8. Rename successful? then fix permissions with rom manager (the application). then after fixing permissions Power off Your PDA / your "hip chicken" wring its neck... Im about to...

9. Power on your device... ¿no wallpaper or toggles? reboot to CWM and flash the revert.zip now reboot... see that your stock/toggle is back and wallpaper as well. you will keep the SystemUIodex.bak filename.

10. Okay so now power off and enter CWM recovery again and flash the toggle.zip and reboot... okay see your 15 Toggles now hit my Thanks Button.. and the OP's .. .:cool:

If someone comes up with a better way please shoot me down. thanks

Did up to step 8 and it worked for me on stock deodexed rom. Thanks for your help.

no exactly the same look as the old one. All I did is fix the usb mounting issue.
    can hope a version for LH1 :)

Did you give it a go? It could work lol

EDIT: COnfirmed NOt Working For LH1 stock ROMs. Thought Id give it a go but I need3d my b4ckup made one minute prior to the "incident" LoL

Sent from the force of identity