[Q] Ramos W30HD General Research and Offtopic

Search This thread

digimax

Dec 8, 2007
I have successfully soldered on four new switches and it works just like before. Picture: bildr.no/view/1399832
Heres a picture of the solder i used to solder on the new switches bildr.no/view/1399825 and to remove the broken switches i used this bildr.no/view/1399828 . First i used the wick to remove as much solder as possible and then i just cut the broken switch in half vertically with the cutter.

Well donel! Waiting mine buttons, I have one more question. In the solder job, did you disconnected the battery power welded on motherboard?
Thanks a lot.

smshr

Feb 24, 2013
Been following along with my w30hd here - huge thanks to drx for his great work. Have had the same issues being reported with v.02 - flickering in the play store, and browser glitches when rotating the device. Have gone back to the new stock Rom in the meantime. Battery life improvement since the new Rom has been profound. All off a sudden this thing rocks!

---------- Post added at 10:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:31 AM ----------

also - have had great success removing the bloatware with Rom toolbox.

Anyone got any insight on the possibility of retro fitting some generic higher capacity tablet batteries to extend life?

s2k7

Nov 5, 2006
Tokyo
Samsung Galaxy A20
Do you mean you compiled the kernel with the driver, but it did not function?
I did not yet try the ct36x driver with W30HD, since it is for Rockchip board.
This was the only clue I found in the net.

There was a report same with you.
http://www.slatedroid.com/topic/42515-ployer-momo7-talent/page__view__findpost__p__548858
the touchscreen, which generates interrupts when touched but no events.

I found that here - unfortunately, even though it sends interrupts when I touch the screen, it doesn't seem to send events on my Ployer Momo7 Talent, which I believe has a CT362.

I doubt it has anything to do with firmware - I suspect this isn't the driver we're looking for, since it has none of the printk()s with the author's email address that were present in the stock kernel. Seems it was written by a Rockchip employee and not VTL.

Sorry if this is off-topic by the way.

Last edited:

smshr

Feb 24, 2013
Rawberrie reported a 10 to 15% increase in battery life, is this in the same ballpark as what you are noticing?

Seems that the benchmark scores have also improved with the new rom with about 10%.

I'd say I'm getting at least that, though it feels like more. Previously it would chew battery just about the same whether I was using it or it was on standby. Ten hours of mixed medium use and standby today and I've still got 49 percent left on the clock. On The old Rom it would be over by .now.

People are reporting better benchmarks, though my Antutu scores have pretty much held around 1400ish. Drx .01 bumped the score up a bit, tho didn't test with .02 with the glitches I went back to stock.

I'm with rawberrie with busting to see JB on this thing. My One X screams on JB, I can only imagine this would too.

Last edited:

eversmaak

Feb 6, 2013
Well donel! Waiting mine buttons, I have one more question. In the solder job, did you disconnected the battery power welded on motherboard?
Thanks a lot.
Yes i disconnected the battery from the tablet while fixing it. The battery is glued to the backplate of the tablet and the wire from the battery to the tablet is also pretty short. Without disconnecting the battery I think i t would be very hard to change the switches.

HuaB

May 18, 2010
Ekaterinburg
Changelog - DRX 0.03
- Improved a bit: the scroll, the response speed and overall performance
- Fixed flickering problems
- Modified the startup scripts and tweaks
- Update to version 1.10 SuperSU

jnyfox

Jan 9, 2013
Re: [Q] Ramos W30HD Youtube and Videoplayer wont work

Did you start working on producing custom rom on this tablet?
I cant review anything on your github :)
are you working locally?
If so what base?

Hey demetris_I are you still developing on this tablet? I could solder the gps antenna if you release a rom that enables it. So far I have not studied where exactly the antenna should be installed. Do you have any leads for me?

Sent from my w30hd(QuadCore) using Tapatalk HD

Demetris

Recognized Developer
Aug 15, 2008
Limassol
I am waiting and hoping for a source drop in march from our italian friends ;)
I cant help you with gps because i don't have the tablet but i would guess you have to locate the chip first all i got is a logs from the device.

Daikoku_tou

Feb 11, 2013
It's strange because in the webpage of the italian brand, the tablet seems to have A-GPS built-in... What does it mean? Have the italian boys added the antenna or the Ramos tablet has gps inside but it's deactivated?

regards

ismaelin69

Feb 4, 2013
Installing the drx 003... THANKS darevix!!!

About the GPS I don't know anything, but if you want I can try that you want. I haven't opened because all goes well, but is not a problem for me.

Hopping a lot of movements around this "fantasticly well equiped" tablet.

Ismaelin69.

Last edited:

tomi_

Jun 30, 2012
Re: [Q] Ramos W30HD Youtube and Videoplayer wont work

I cant use bluetooh, anybody happens ?

Enviado desde mi w30hd(QuadCore) usando Tapatalk 2

clarkseth

Mar 24, 2010
Naples
I cant use bluetooh, anybody happens ?

Enviado desde mi w30hd(QuadCore) usando Tapatalk 2

I've install Drx3.0 but now gmail app doesn't work :( Before this bugfix it works...Uff i think we have to wait JB distribution, by italian collegue, because without source is very hard to compile successfully something.

lazik

Mar 11, 2007
PLandia
Odp: [Q] Ramos W30HD Youtube and Videoplayer wont work

I've install Drx3.0 but now gmail app doesn't work :( Before this bugfix it works...Uff i think we have to wait JB distribution, by italian collegue, because without source is very hard to compile successfully something.

Gmail works here. No issues with Gmail app.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi I have prepared a clean and optimized rom, but still no hardware video acceleration :crying:

Hope you like:

[ROM] W30HD - drx v0.01
    OK, I have answer but this is just neverending story. After Chinese New Year will com next free days and this can be delayed until Christmas...
    Wonderful news, I hope they publish a stable firmware, and not what they have posted before.

On another topic, I have prepared a modified firmware, but I have not been able to operate the touch screen in the Aroma installer.
    Tonight I will try to publish it.
    Hello guys. I just installed a 8000mAh battery in my W30HD and i thought you guys would like to know how i did it.
    The battery i got is the "[L010] 3.7V,8000mAH PLIB (polymer lithium ion battery) Li-ion battery for tablet pc ,mp3,mp4,cell phone,speaker [36125130] " from AliExpress.com which cost me $20 with shipping.
    Pic of battery in tablet: bildr.no/view/1411334 . As you can see the battery went a little bit over the white plastic and didnt fit perfectly. To fix this i heated up a knife (pic: bildr.no/view/1411335) and cut away some of the plastic, result: bildr.no/view/1411338 . To mount the battery to the back plate i used double sided tape bildr.no/view/1411339
    The tablet works perfectly and charges like normal.
    i put all my free time searching for anything usefull, nothing came up
    So i need you guys asking polite for CT363 driver because that controller is newer than everything out there,

http://www.vtl.com.cn/contact/index.html

If there was other way i would have walk it.We need touch driver that only Ramos and the company that produces it has so ....

Edit:
    I need the outcome of this

adb shell getprop ro.boot.bootloader
    Thanks
    Hi demetris_l, I tried "adb shell GetProp ro.boot.bootloader" but does not return any information.

Today I received the W30HD and I like the hardware, but the stock rom is horrible :(
    I started cooking the rom but it seems hard to greatly improve performance. Anyway I will try to post this week, the stock rom with Aroma installer, without Chinese applications, root, busybox, zipalign, deodex and init.d.

Greetings and sorry for my horrible English.
    Yes, I can also confirm that. There is problem with hw decoding in Ramos W30HD - all above 720p and streaming apps like youtube. I received confirmation from Ramos support service. We need wait for new firmware. There is no ETA now.
    Other way is find and support custom ROM developer