[ROM][4.2.2 JDQ39 AOSP] Eos 4.0 -- Manta

Search This thread

lvnatic

Dec 5, 2010
Iasi
In my opinion you shouldn't add too many features. This ROM used to be very smooth and stable but lately I've been experiencing some random reboots. Still smooth but bloat ware isn't going to help, we have aokp for that.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

Reactions: SacGuru and dr2005k

Habarug

Feb 23, 2011
Bergen
I'm unable to remove the brightness slider from the quicksettings pulldown. It is unchecked in the settings. It I check it I get two sliders there. Otherwise it's almost flawless :)

halrulez

Nov 30, 2007
Anyone know how to get the keyboard with the long press numbers on this rom? I don't want to use swipe or anything like that. Just the good old jellybean keyboard with long press numbers.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 2

arrtoodeetoo

Dec 31, 2010
This ROM is no longer being developed or supported. Best to find something else (I'm still looking, actually.)

halrulez

Nov 30, 2007
I know its not but I thought since people are still using it that someone might know. This is the only ROM I have been able to find that the memory leak is almost non existent.

arrtoodeetoo

Dec 31, 2010
I know its not but I thought since people are still using it that someone might know. This is the only ROM I have been able to find that the memory leak is almost non existent.

I use Thumb Keyboard. It's the best I've found for tabets. Check it out.

And I know what you mean about the memory leak thing. I'm still using the ROM, too, but eventually i need to move on, especially since ye olde 4.3 is nigh. :good:

halrulez

Nov 30, 2007
I use Thumb Keyboard. It's the best I've found for tabets. Check it out.

And I know what you mean about the memory leak thing. I'm still using the ROM, too, but eventually i need to move on, especially since ye olde 4.3 is nigh. :good:

I have and thank you for the suggestion. Swipe beta has a thumb keyboard to.

arrtoodeetoo

Dec 31, 2010
must be blind, i don't see it at gooinside me under teameos, did they ppst it elsewhere?
or do you mean the other releases? been running 4.3 since it hit, just love my eos

Yes, sadly EOS is dead. Rumor has it that some of the devs are joining another team, so there is a spiritual successor to EOS out there, but it looks like the Nexus 10 won't be supported. Which sucks. :(

halrulez

Nov 30, 2007
I loved the eos builds nice strong and would. And good extras. A shame really.

BaristaBot

Mar 28, 2014
@teameos

just installed the revival rom on my nexus 7 and was wondering if nexus 10 would get the same treatment. apparently this was one of the other roms with the ability to move the navbar buttons to the sides, which sadly isn't present on the n7 version. i love thunderkat mostly for that reason alone, but I'm starting to get bit by the flash bug lately and want to try different options.

Recon Freak

Jan 17, 2010
Evansville, IN
@teameos

just installed the revival rom on my nexus 7 and was wondering if nexus 10 would get the same treatment. apparently this was one of the other roms with the ability to move the navbar buttons to the sides, which sadly isn't present on the n7 version. i love thunderkat mostly for that reason alone, but I'm starting to get bit by the flash bug lately and want to try different options.

PM sent?

Sent from my LG-D800 using XDA Premium HD app

brGabriel

Mar 15, 2012
South Louisiana
If the devs are unable to officially support Eos for manta I'd be happy to attempt a build from their source. This was my all time favorite ROM for the Nexus 10.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    EOS_N10_zps8dc2664a.png

EOS_40_Header_zpsfc17bf00.png

Welcome to Eos 4.0! The Eos project originated with the AOSP release of ICS, and was originally founded by Solarnz and co founded by Bigrushdog. Since then, Eos has evolved into a multinational collaborative effort backed by top Android developers. Our objective is to provide a world class AOSP build with unique features and enhancements. Eos is an ongoing development project in which builds are released on a regular basis. Every release should be considered stable and highly functional.

Team_Roster_zps46dbf82a.png

Solarnz - Project founder and backend systems admin
    Bigrushdog - Project lead, Chief Developer
    Kevdliu - Feature Engineer, Toro maintainer
    Timduru - Frameworks Developer, TF101 maintainer
    Roach - Frameworks Developer - N4 maintainer
    RaymanFX - Remote branch and Experia maintainer
    Runandhide05 - Xoom maintainer
    UBER - Chief Graphics Designer
    Sykomaniac - Maguro maintainer

Features_zps2a2d8d3e.png

Code:
    NX Gesture Navigation Bar
    Navigation Bar Color w/ Project Glass (Auto-Transparency, not the Google Project Glass :P)
    Softkeys Long-Press Actions
    Custom Navigation Bar Ring Quick Launch Targets
    Hide Status Bar and/or Navigation Bar
    Resize Navigation Bar
    Display All User Widgets On Lockscreen
    Recents Panel RAM Display and KillAll Switch
    Custom Quick Toggles Tiles with Brightness & Volume Seekbars
    EOS Status Bar Toggles
    Status Bar Color
    Battery Indicator Mods
    Clock Mods
    T-Mobile Theme Engine

Volume keys switch depending on rotation. So the volume up key is always either on the top or to the right of volume down. (Toggle-able)
    Default Volume Control Stream (Ring or Media)
    Volume Keys Long Press Music Control
    Disable/Enable CRT Animation
    Custom Screen Bahavior When Charging
    Custom Screen Off Wifi Delay
    Performance Settings
    Advanced power menu with reboot options.
    Eos Control Center
    MORE...

Creds_zps6c05dbff.png

We give love and much respect to Cyanogenmod. The AOSP scene would not exist as it does today without them. We implement some of their branches to support legacy devices and features that users have demanded. The resources we use include, but are not limited to:

Features:
    Code:
    Phone: for T9 dialer support
    MMS
    T-Mobile Theme Engine

Branches:
    Code:
    libhardware, libhardware_legacy, system/core, system/netd, /system/vold, frameworks/native, frameworks/av, isolated frameworks/base cherry-picks,
    and various qualcomm support related branches. We also use some qualcomm related branches from CodeAurora Forum.

Download_zps886ec94c.png

Team EOS Manta Nightly builds

Download

G-Apps Package

Because this is an AOSP based rom Google Apps are not included. To install Google Apps please flash the following package after installing the rom:

Gapps package

Kernel_zps676c695a.png

Nexus 10 comes with the stock aosp kernel.

Installation_Notes_zpsa4a4cf88.png

These builds are designed to be installed from your favorite recovery. MAKE SURE YOU HAVE THE LATEST 4.2.2 COMPATIBLE RECOVERY.

Information_zps30564da7.png

Changlog
    Contribute
    Gerrit Review
    Gitweb for GPL compliance
    I've noticed this as well... For me it does work but it goes the wrong way on both portrait directions... But it is right for both landscape directions... I posted this bug a couple times here but never got an answer...

I just tested for all orientations and can't reproduce this bug.

Hey guys, just flashed the latest nightly (05/05) and ESO Control Center crashes when I try to go into Performance Settings. Any ideas?

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

Unless you have any real reason to be under the Performance section (control CPU speed and governor I think), I wouldn't worry about it. Depending on what kernel you use, there may be a kernel-specific app that you can use instead (Trinity Ten uses TKT, franco.Kernel uses his Kernel Updater app, etc.)

There's also Trickster MOD that can access such settings too, and is free.

I'm removing performance settings. There's just too many kernels with unique configurations that I can't maintain the feature quality. I also recommend Trickster. Also I've been working on a simple light weight kernel app which will support common features. It'll be free but it's not Trickster. Also, I'm bringing in tablet mode, Paranoid's Pie, and some other stuff.
    Peculiar that bt would break. The Linaro may need some fine tuning for Manta. We'll investigate and do another build when fixed.
    Yeah I really like it as well. They're nightly releases just kind of stopped though...

Sent from my Nexus 10 using XDA Premium HD app

At the moment builds are fired off manually whenever a major commit is merged. However we are switching to "real" nightlies in the future where builds will be compiled every night as long as something is changed. However those will be very experimental and untested and sometimes may not even work. This is when weeklies come in where they are more tested and stable.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    I flashed the fix and it still doesn't work :-\

Peculiar. Worked fine here. But no worries, fresh build going out. I cleaned out my local repo, and did a nice clean grouper build and bt works. So HOPEFULLY this resolves it and gets me out of derpville :laugh:if not hang in there. I'm busy all day tomorrow but should be available in the evening to dig deeper if we get that far.

Edit:I hate it when I forget what thread I'm in lol.