Android 4.4 - Wi-Fi is intermittent, buffering, dropping connections on Nexus devices

Search This thread

Hyflex

Jan 26, 2011
London
Hey,

I've recently upgraded my Nexus 4, Nexus 7 and Nexus 10 all to Android 4.4 and as soon as I upgraded my Wi-Fi has been awful.

The Wi-Fi is incredibly unstable, steaming media has major buffering / intermittency issues, messages sent over instant messaging apps are sometimes instant and sometimes take 30+ seconds to send.

Skype is the most telling of the issues as it randomly loses connection and my notifications literally never come through...

Router Wi-Fi Settings:
UQGZvag.png

I've tried Channels, 1, 2, 4, 6, 8, 10 and 11

I've also tried adding
Code:
gDataInactivityTimeout=200
to the WCNSS_qcom_cfg.ini file as found: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2300873

Wi-Fi is Always On, Wi-Fi Frequency is Auto or 2.4, Wi-Fi Optimization is Off.

The wireless / wifi works fine on other tablets, laptops and wireless devices just my nexus devices on 4.4 :(

Anyone got any ideas?

Last edited:

Hyflex

Jan 26, 2011
London
I think this logcat has everything "confidential" replaced however if anyone does find something please tell me, I've replaced my email with xxxx.xxxx and my usernames with xxxx

Logcat: http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=LrvQEJLB

MTU Value is at Auto (1492, which my ISP recommends) although I've tried alternative numbers but still no luck.

CtrlAltDelIrl

Mar 7, 2012
Try the WiFi Keep Alive app from the Playstore and select Always On.

I know you already have this setting picked but I had the same issue and this solved it for me.

Good luck.

Hyflex

Jan 26, 2011
London

I know you already have this setting picked but I had the same issue and this solved it for me.

Good luck.

I just installed three different versions of Wi-Fi Keep Alive, the first one has 3 normal options then like 5 workarounds.
I'm trying the normal mode at the moment, so far so good it hasn't disconnected me YET

Reactions: CtrlAltDelIrl

CtrlAltDelIrl

Mar 7, 2012
I picked always on + first workaround.

It worked great and haven't changed it since. That's 3 weeks now and it hasn't dropped out once :)

Hope that helped you.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Good luck.

I just installed three different versions of Wi-Fi Keep Alive, the first one has 3 normal options then like 5 workarounds.
    I'm trying the normal mode at the moment, so far so good it hasn't disconnected me YET