HTC Bootloader legal warning!

Search This thread

Mr Davo

May 6, 2010
Melbourne
Hi All,

Now that I have the TWRP custom recovery on my phone I have attempted to install the ViperXL ROM twice (without success), and whilst the aroma installer appears to have worked fine my phone is now in a boot loop (every few seconds the HTC logo comes up, then the phone powers down, HTC logo again, etc...).

If I hold the power button down for 10 seconds the three buttons (left arrow, home, and switch apps) at the bottom blink three times and the phone appears to turn off, however within a few more seconds the phone just starts up again.

Any further help here will be greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards,

Davo

Madcat8686

Nov 9, 2013
Konoha
HTC One (M8)
Google Pixel 2
Hi All,

Now that I have the TWRP custom recovery on my phone I have attempted to install the ViperXL ROM twice (without success), and whilst the aroma installer appears to have worked fine my phone is now in a boot loop (every few seconds the HTC logo comes up, then the phone powers down, HTC logo again, etc...).

If I hold the power button down for 10 seconds the three buttons (left arrow, home, and switch apps) at the bottom blink three times and the phone appears to turn off, however within a few more seconds the phone just starts up again.

Any further help here will be greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards,

Davo

OK. Now you can check out my post on the last page (#14). Since you are S-On you will need to flash the boot.img file. I gave you instructions on how to do this in that post.

Reactions: Mr Davo

Mr Davo

May 6, 2010
Melbourne
All working now!

Thanks everyone,

I am now a proud ViperXL user; had to enter fastboot using a bit of finger / thumb trickery (and a lot of persistence - was a little concerned that the phone was just going to keep turning itself on and off constantly until the battery ran out!). Used the HTC One X (HOX) Android boot.img flashing using fastboot instructions to flash the boot.img file (these instructions were very simple to follow), then re-installed the ROM, and now everything is working fine.

Once again thanks to everyone for the assistance.

Kind Regards,

Davo

redpoint73

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 24, 2007
Thanks everyone,

I am now a proud ViperXL user; had to enter fastboot using a bit of finger / thumb trickery (and a lot of persistence - was a little concerned that the phone was just going to keep turning itself on and off constantly until the battery ran out!).

There really isn't much trickery involved. Hold down the volume down rocker (and don't let go) while the phone is boot looping, and it will go into bootloader. Most people go wrong by trying to press volume down and power at the same time, and/or letting go of vol down to early.

This will virtually always work if the screen comes on, with the rare exception of your vol down rocker being physically broken.

Reactions: Mr Davo

pandasa123

Jul 20, 2013
South Grafton
That's the best mentality with things like this. It's better not to risk broken components of firmware for some red text that appears for 5 seconds

Sent from my One X using Tapatalk

chrisb906

Jan 4, 2013
I was told to put it in q&a. I accidentally put it in here. I will delete it

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    That warning is normal after unlocking the bootloader. It's a disclaimer.
    That warning is normal when booting an image (like boot.img or recovery.img) which was not signed. The bootloader doesn't display that message for the stock boot images.
    That warning is normal after unlocking the bootloader. It's a disclaimer.
    If you want to change it, you can always flash a modified hboot

Sent from my HTC One XL using Tapatalk
    Hi Everyone,

I am unable to enter my custom recovery (have attempted to install both CWM and TWPR) and I thought that the Disclaimer message may have something to do with it. My last phone was an HTC Sensation (onto which I also installed the Viper ROM), and with that phone I did not have to press any special keys (e.g.: volume, power, volume + power), after selecting RECOVERY from the Hboot menu, custom recovery simply loaded. However my new One XL simply enters into a boot loop until such time as I hold the power down for about 15 - 20 seconds.

Any further advice will be greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards,

Davo

Can you post your bootloader details please? It will make it a lot easier to help out.
    Those recoveries aren't even for our device. You have the HTC One XL (Evita), not the HTC One X (Endeavoru). If you want to flash KitKat ROMs, download the modified version of TWRP 2.6.3.0 from here. If you want to flash any other ROM, download TWRP 2.6 from here.

Put the file in your fastboot folder. Connect phone in fastboot mode, open command prompt from within fastboot folder, issue the following commands:

Code:
    fastboot flash recovery "filename.img"
    (the exact filename, minus the talking marks)

Code:
    fastboot erase cache
    Code:
    fastboot reboot-bootloader

You're lucky you didn't brick your phone by flashing the wrong recovery to it. Make sure you only flash things that are intended for our device. Our device main page is here:

http://xdaforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1538

Bookmark that page and make sure you stay within our forum. Don't use other Android sites either, they don't properly distinguish between phone models which can lead to bricks.

Sent from my Evita