[Q] Rooted, but unable to get SuperSU to update binary

Search This thread

bill0405

May 12, 2014
Chicago
Last night I successfully unlocked and rooted my phone, but I've been having some issues getting SuperSU to work completely. When I install SuperSU and open it, it gives a popup saying the binary needs to be updated. I click on normal update, and it says "Installation failed! Please reboot and try again." After reboot, I get the same error. The app itself seems to be working as my ad blockers and whatnot are calling up the root checker, but It just doesn't want to update to the latest binaries. Any suggestions? Thanks!

*update* I fixed the issue. I installed CWM, and was able to update the supersu binaries through recovery.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rob684

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Last night I successfully unlocked and rooted my phone, but I've been having some issues getting SuperSU to work completely. When I install SuperSU and open it, it gives a popup saying the binary needs to be updated. I click on normal update, and it says "Installation failed! Please reboot and try again." After reboot, I get the same error. The app itself seems to be working as my ad blockers and whatnot are calling up the root checker, but It just doesn't want to update to the latest binaries. Any suggestions? Thanks!

*update* I fixed the issue. I installed CWM, and was able to update the supersu binaries through recovery.