I'm using er3bus XL and its not working

Sent from my Inspire 4G using xda premium

Wolf

Jan 8, 2011
41°50′13″N, 87°41′4″W
Its not working when I place it in data/local and I rename it bootanimation.zip
I'm using er3bus XL and its not working

Sent from my Inspire 4G using xda premium

On ER3BUS XL, the boot animation file is located in system/customize/resource, and you will have to rename it to "htc_bootanimation". If it does not work for you after moving it there, just check all of the boxes for the permissions and it should work after that, or just do that anyways after you move it there to be safe. Normally you do not have to change permissions for boot animations to work, but I have had some problems getting some to work on this rom until I changed the permissions for the new file.

Reactions: thedailyl3af

thedailyl3af

Apr 16, 2012
The Moon ;)
On ER3BUS XL, the boot animation file is located in system/customize/resource, and you will have to rename it to "htc_bootanimation". If it does not work for you after moving it there, just check all of the boxes for the permissions and it should work after that, or just do that anyways after you move it there to be safe. Normally you do not have to change permissions for boot animations to work, but I have had some problems getting some to work on this rom until I changed the permissions for the new file.

ty :) I got it

Sent from my Desire HD using xda premium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I found the gif of the HTC and the droid online and i edited "brilliant" turning in "rooted"...

The result is... quietly cool... :D

---------------WORKING DEVICES------------------

HTC Inspire 4G
    HTC Desire HD (duh!)
    HTC Evo
    HTC HD2
    HTC Thunderbolt
    HTC Hero
    HTC Wildfire
    Tmobile G2
    (if it works on your non-listed device please post it)

----------------INSTALLATION---------------------

If you use the Stock ROM rename it ATT_bootanimation.zip and copy it in the folder system/customize/resource/

If you use a custom ROM copy it in the folder data/local

If you use CyanogenMod7 ROM copy it in the folder system/media

----------------------------------------------------

VERSION 2.2 uploaded... Hope you guys like it!

Lighter and faster (still testing it... post comments please :) )

-------------------PREVIEW---------------------

quietly-rooted.gif

-------------------DOWLOAD---------------------

DOWNLOAD LATEST VERSION
    Quick update; my knowledge of how the bootanimation.zip structure works is still extremely limited, but I did learn that the .zip can't be compressed, which is why my earlier tweaks never worked. So working off of your bootanimation and the "Scribble Android" one, I threw this together; works perfectly for me, and I don't have a black screen between the bootanimation and the lockscreen (I had to duplicate the final png image quite a few times, haha). Thanks a bunch for the bootscreen, again. It's perfect.
    I'm really really sorry for being a nooby and I hate being "that" guy whose always asking "How do I go about installing that?" but.....how do I go about installing that? Flash in CWM recovery?

Hehe, we were all there at one point, no worries man! I'm still learning :)

Download the zip file, rename it "bootanimation.zip" and move it to your data\local folder (overwriting the exisiting one).

I believe it's a little different if you're on a stock rooted ROM tho.

Hope this helps :)
    We are all noobs in something or something else... ;)

If you have the stock rom rename it ATT_bootanimation.zip and copy it in the folder system/customize/resource/

use ROOT EXPLORER and when you are in the folder above just push the Mount R/W button before you paste it...

And you should be all set...:D
    I will run it and consider it for Phoenix Evolution.

Sent from my Desire HD using XDA Premium App

Great! I'm really looking forward to install PE :)

Sent from my Inspire 3G-and-a-tad running CM7