[ROM] Official 1.70.605.0 MR2 OTA Deodexed Rooted Busybox Mirrors Added :D

Search This thread

grimez

Apr 28, 2010
Works Great for me (Didn't Remove TetheringGuard.apk) I'm Using v2.0.7 of Wireless Tether. I also didn't have to wipe Data or Cache, I just installed over my Rooted Stock (Wiped Dalvick) & Than Installed Radio in HBOOT- PERFECT!!!

Perfect! I was using the newest beta, did not work what-so-ever. And I almost paid for it...

lolipear

Feb 1, 2010
Is the stock kernel included in the ROM? Or do I need to find a stock kernel and use that? Thanks!

dmw_4814

Nov 8, 2010
Cleveland, OH
O.K., I know how to install the radio after I root my Thunderbolt again, but I want to install this ROM and am wondering how to do it. I'm assuming that it needs to be placed on the SD card; does it need to be renamed prior to flashing it? It's installed via ClockworkMod, right? I'm not sure if I remember correctly how I rooted it in the first place, but I'm about to go through the procedure again. I'm sorry for being a newbie about this stuff, but I sure would appreciate any help/directions anyone can provide about installing this ROM after I root!

Dennis

ProTekk

Dec 4, 2010
Freehold, NJ
www.facebook.com
O.K., I know how to install the radio after I root my Thunderbolt again, but I want to install this ROM and am wondering how to do it. I'm assuming that it needs to be placed on the SD card; does it need to be renamed prior to flashing it? It's installed via ClockworkMod, right? I'm not sure if I remember correctly how I rooted it in the first place, but I'm about to go through the procedure again. I'm sorry for being a newbie about this stuff, but I sure would appreciate any help/directions anyone can provide about installing this ROM after I root!

Dennis

Flash it through recovery. Done.

MordyT

Dec 15, 2008
Milwaukee WI
mordyt.com
Let me get this straight.
This is the OTA without any modification short of busybox/root.
In short, the only difference between this and taking a OTA would be root added in?
Correct?

Normally I run a Team GPT rom, but I need a stock MR2 for comparison/troubleshooting...

YankInDaSouth

Oct 30, 2010
Sharpsburg, GA
Let me get this straight.
This is the OTA without any modification short of busybox/root.
In short, the only difference between this and taking a OTA would be root added in?
Correct?

Normally I run a Team GPT rom, but I need a stock MR2 for comparison/troubleshooting...

I believe you are correct sir ...
The bloat in this is ridiculous though!

Sent from my ADR6400L using XDA App

sf4

Mar 22, 2009
Works for me. I was using a stock ROM. I wiped the Dalvik cache and flashed the radio and ROM without wiping.

Ahodson1985

Oct 12, 2010
I'm confused about flashing the radio..I can't just flash it through CWM? I flashed the rom, but now what do I do with the radio? Flash the .zip via fastboot in adb? Do I have to unzip the files and flash one of the images? Would really appreciate if someone could give me more in-depth instruction

Edit: Nevermind, youtube to the rescue. It seems I have to change the name of the file to match the file that the bootloader searches for and have it load that way. Thanks though!

Last edited:

azturbomini

Jun 9, 2010
If I'm not mistaken gingerbread and sense 3.0 are two different software platforms. HTC said the Thunderbolt can not handle sense 3.0 Were they ever wrong....

Sent from my ADR6400L using XDA Premium App

rygel411

Jun 17, 2010
Has anyone tried this with cm7 yet? The radio specifically. I'm wondering if its the rom that improves the 4g or the radio

Sent from my ThunderBolt using XDA App

UndergroundWire

Jul 1, 2010
Oakland Gardens, NY
I gotta say that my battery life seems to be improved. I've been running for almost three days now and noticed that.

Although I never had the reboot issue (in fact no one I know in NYC with a Thunderbolt has had it, must be a regional thing) I am loving the new toggle switch for 3G and 4G under the Wireless & networks under settings.

I have yet to get a desktop dock for this but I will see the landscape option when I receive the dock tomorrow.

UndergroundWire

Jul 1, 2010
Oakland Gardens, NY
Also on a side note, I love how the Verizon Support PDF for this update shows the wrong picture of the Thunderbolt. The Boot screen is different now. For starters the screen turns black with the Thunderbolt logo and the 4G LTE logo is not red anymore, it's white. Just a silly observation.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Huge Macho Thanks Goes To The AndroidPolice Team!

Heres the 1.70.605.0 ota rooted deodexed and busybox.

Changelog: http://www.androidpolice.com/2011/0...ed-1-70-605-0-update-for-the-htc-thunderbolt/

For Rooted Users Only
    Flash in CWR and WIPE WIPE WIPE
    Flash Radio In HBOOT

Thanks ProTekk for the hosting :D
    Jcase for the RUU :D
    Adrynalyne for Busybox :D
    Verizon Wireless for finally giving us OTA :D

just been told in the irc that you can NOT run custom kernel's on this ota till we get Source code!

ohhain.png

MD5 For Rom : 409f189d7a1169ee4f363d9f5e057a1e
    MD5 For Radio: 7297850061f25630bf6c2885620dd12c

Download Rom
    Download Radio

Mirror For Rom
    Mirror For Radio

ENJOY
    Be kind to my servers! >_<

Enjoy it guys!
    Links added enjoy! :D
    I won't be doing on plainJane, use this one instead :)

<andirc stamp of asskickness>

Sent from my Incredible 2 using XDA Premium App