[ROM][4.3.1][NIGHTLIES] PACman [Official][08/DIC/13]

Search This thread

TrancerSte

Jul 8, 2012
Singapore
Awesome to see this ROM back! :)

I did manage get it stuck on the boot screen that I couldn't recover from, though.

Wipe everything except SD card
Flash 10/11/13 nightly
Flash Torched B5
Reboot > boot first time
Flash GApps
Reboot > boot first time
Install TiBackup, restore all user apps
Reboot > boot first time
Restore system data [snapshot]
Cross fingers and reboot [usually this is where I've had problems in the past] > boot first time :D
DPI settings > phablet, all apps default DPI, lockscreen DPI 'you need to reboot > ok' > boot animation forever :eek:
Hard power off > bootloader > recovery > hard off > reboot > [various attempts to get it to boot again] but no success

I went through the same process again and was able to reproduce the issue exactly the same.

I've just done all of the above again except I pressed cancel on the DPI settings reboot prompt, did a manual reboot and it's fine this time!

So beware if you get a prompt to reboot after changing DPI settings, cancel it and reboot manually!

Otherwise, this plus Torched B5 seems damn amazing so far!

Last edited:
Reactions: Z1cK

josegalre

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 3, 2011
El Salvador
www.pac-rom.com
Josegalre from amaze 4g Ruby......
Really missed you, back then in Amaze you and Chevycowboy were the best...
Happy to see you here.
studies is friend, the university consumes me all the time, but these days I go on vacation!
Torched B5. After a few times of me trying to catch it with my logcat extreme app it decided to go into an endless bootloop that I was unsuccessful at recovering from and was forced to do a full wipe and reinstall. To which I installed the 11/10 build of cfx as I had it downloaded and wanted to try it. And wouldn't you know, cfx crashed at the exact same point and through me into a bootloop as well. Luckily I was able to just hard reset it and I was back in android.

Did something change upstream that messed with the gfx? I've never had a problem with antutu until I flashed the 11/10 build of both ROMs (cfx and PAC). It was working fine on the 11/8 build of cfx so I'm guessing its something upstream.

I have a full logcat of the crashing while I was on cfx that I will post here for reference as well as in the cfx thread. Figure maybe it could help you guys out too in diagnosing what's going on.
consider that both the kernel, of cfx, as pac is taken from cyanogenmod, as well as owners files are taken from "themuppets" I'm checking to see if the error is and that this solution is applied to the source, thank you for your logcat

Reactions: Bhogan123 and Z1cK

captaincanada84

Jan 2, 2011
Asheville, NC
First time using any ROM besides AOKP on this phone. Damn I've been missing out. PAC is so smooth. Noticeably better battery life than the last build of AOKP we got for the One X. Too many features to even know what to do with myself. Loving it though. Thanks for the hard work!

Reactions: josegalre and Z1cK

Chencox

Aug 9, 2013
ROM is great, works well with Torch B5! Couldn't manage to make it work with azn one though.

I'll bring some feedback after a couple day of use but for now, been 4-6 hour and it runs great. So happy to get back so much customization.

captaincanada84

Jan 2, 2011
Asheville, NC
Been getting some fairly annoying reboots and bootloops every few hours. Nothing that a hard reset doesn't fix. Not sure what is causing them though. I won't be doing anything at all and the phone will just reboot and/or get stuck in a loop.

jrior001

Aug 12, 2010
Va Beach
First, congrats on taking over here, I'm glad somebody stepped up to keep this around.

Gonna jump into this reboot discussion here before this gets to outta hand. You veterans should know already and for the noobs listen up...

I see 3 reports in this thread of reboots all using my Torched kernel. Now our new dev has probably spent some valuable time researching to try to solve issues that possibly aren't his issues. If you guys are having issues on any rom after flashing any extras (kernel, radio, audio, etc) make sure the issues are present on the ROM as it was posted before reporting. If your issues clear up after going back to the ROM NY itself then the mod is usually the problem. Once you've done a little leg work report in the appropriate thread. Save us all some time chasing our tail so we can spend more time building cool stuff :) Thanks all! And sorry OP...but it needed to be said.

Sent from my One Xl using Tapatalk

josegalre

Aug 3, 2011
El Salvador
www.pac-rom.com
First, congrats on taking over here, I'm glad somebody stepped up to keep this around.

Gonna jump into this reboot discussion here before this gets to outta hand. You veterans should know already and for the noobs listen up...

I see 3 reports in this thread of reboots all using my Torched kernel. Now our new dev has probably spent some valuable time researching to try to solve issues that possibly aren't his issues. If you guys are having issues on any rom after flashing any extras (kernel, radio, audio, etc) make sure the issues are present on the ROM as it was posted before reporting. If your issues clear up after going back to the ROM NY itself then the mod is usually the problem. Once you've done a little leg work report in the appropriate thread. Save us all some time chasing our tail so we can spend more time building cool stuff :) Thanks all! And sorry OP...but it needed to be said.

no worries, thanks for clearing some things

mrcesarmx

Dec 8, 2011
recovery ?

Goodnight geniuses
is which the correct recovery for the installation of this rom? and that version of the recovery?

DarkisFever

Feb 13, 2011
Thought I would give this rom a try. Very very smooth compared to CM 10.2 but I also got a boot loop once I reset the phone manually. Everything worked fine up to that point however. Very intriguing rom. I look forward to seeing what else it can do in the future when it's a bit more stable :).

d3thstalker

Nov 8, 2008
Buffalo
PACman + Torched Kermel B5 + Supercharger = WHUT WHUT!

Screenshot_2013-11-12-07-40-47.jpg

thethinkman

Aug 13, 2012

I get reboots on the stock CM kernel, but notably after flashing B5 it starts rebooting very soon. I feel like the problem is in the CM kernel that B5 is based on?

majortaylor

Jul 11, 2012
have to set it in hybrid properties, have to apply transparency in your launcher

I tried in hybrid property's but the setting wouldnt stick. Which launchers have this option? I know trebuchet and nova doesn't also checked apex and it was a no go

Sent from my HTC One XL using xda app-developers app

josegalre

Aug 3, 2011
El Salvador
www.pac-rom.com
I tried in hybrid property's but the setting wouldnt stick. Which launchers have this option? I know trebuchet and nova doesn't also checked apex and it was a no go

1 - between a hybrid properties,
2 - then slide the panel and select applications
3 - locate and select your launcher
4 - slide the panel, at the option color, and select "color on the status bar" (touch color box)
5 - in current value type "00000000" without quotes
6 - then tap "Apply" and finally press home botton

greetings!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Header_Glass.png

PAC-man ROM is a combination of the three Super ROMs Available
    Paranoid Android + AOKP + Cyanogenmod = PAC-man

This ROM packs all the tweaks from the three super ROMs into one.
    Why choose among ROMs, When you have All-in-One !!

Screenshots_Glass.png

S4%20screens-1.jpg
    S4%20screens-2.jpg
    S4%20screens-3.jpg

S4%20screens-4.jpg
    S4%20screens-7.jpg
    S4%20screens-6.jpg

Features_Glass.png

All in One Rom PA, AOKP, CM
    PhoneUI, TabletUI, PhabletUI
    Latest Version Nightly Builds
    All Feautures from PA
    Some Features from AOKP
    All Features from CM
    Parts from Slim Bean
    Parts from Rootbox
    Parts from Carbon
    Basically if there is a cool feature out there and its open source, then we will try to bring that feature into PAC-man
    Of course JellyBean 4.3.1

Not_Working_Glass.png

You tell me!

Disclaimer_Glass.png

By flashing this, you automatically void your warranty!
    If your phone breaks, blows up or runs away from you, do not cry to us!
    Do not ask for ETAs!!

Websites_Glass.png

PAC-Rom site
    PAC Forum
    PAC Gerrit
    PAC Bug Reports
    PAC Github
    PAC Stats
    PAC Google+
    PAC Facebook
    PAC Twitter

Credits_Glass.png

Cyanogen Team
    AOKP Team
    Paranoid Android
    PAC-man Team
    Slim Bean
    RootBox
    Carbon ROM
    Special thanks to Papa Smurf151, blindndumb, BLOWNCO - Stole stuff from OP :)
    One2thTEXAN and the PAC Graphix Team - Graphics, logos and images

Support_Glass.png

pacbannerpoweredby.png

pac_user_banner_2.png

How_to_Install_Glass.png

Download the ROM and GApps
    Reboot to Recovery
    Wipe Data/Factory Reset
    Wipe Cache and Dalvik Cache
    Format system in Mounts and Storage
    Flash the ROM and then GAapps
    Wipe Cache again
    Reboot your phone
    Enjoy

How_to_Update_Glass.png

Download the latest version
    Reboot to Recovery
    Flash the ROM
    Wipe dalvik cache and cache
    Reboot your phone
    And enjoy the latest version of PAC

Download_Glass.png

First Build for me --> UNOFFICIAL 09/NOV/13
    Evita nightlies
    GAPPS

NOTE: Unofficial build for me 09/NOV/13 and Official Nightly 10/NOV/13, work fine! not bootloops

kitkat constructions are private for now, in a few days nightly, the nightly be public!, sorry!
    I am having an issue when trying to flash the latest 4.3 nightly on my phone. I am using TWRP 2.6.3.0, I am doing a full wipe and then when I go to flash the ROM.zip I get the following error.

assert failed: getprop("ro.product.device") == " E:Error executing updater binary in zip ' /sdcard
    Error flashing zip ' /sdcard/pac_evita-nightly-20
    Updating partition details...

I am no stranger to flashing ROMs and such, but this has me scratching my head. I can flash ViperXL, CM11, CleanROM7.2, but when I try to flash PAC this happens every time. I have redownloaded the file and checked the md5...I did do the 2.15 firmware update as well due to having the data drops with CleanROM, any other help would be greatly appreciated.

You are using the recovery made ​​by jrior001?, if so, you edit and delete these lines found in the compressed which is located in

1 - Unzip the content of the ROM
    2 - Delete the following lines in this file "META-INF\com\google\android\updater-script"
    Code:
    assert(getprop("ro.product.device") == "evita" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "evita");
    assert(getprop("ro.bootloader") == "2.14.0000" || getprop("ro.bootloader") == "2.15.0000");
    3 - Save file and Return to the main folder for the extraction and compress again in zip format

Always ask the installer if installing ROM corresponds with the device, this asks the recovery if the recovery can not return the value then the installation stops

If you dont want to edit, compressed, you can install the latest official version of TWRP recovery here http://goo.im/devs/OpenRecovery/evita and the installation should work