New York, NY
www.facebook.com
Wow..

y8yjuvez.jpg

Sent from my SHIELD using Tapatalk

themichael

Jul 15, 2011
New York
I used v2. Doesn't look like there is a link for legacy versions anymore on Gehots site. If someone can uplaod v2 it should work with the shield.

Outrager

Jun 14, 2012
Does rooting the Shield with this method prevent the red warning about voiding the warranty?

hexitnow

Jun 19, 2013
Idaho
Does rooting the Shield with this method prevent the red warning about voiding the warranty?
Im pretty sure rooting any device voids the warranty considering youre modifying system software. Nvidia is good about replacing them if youre within the year time period from the warranty. I sent mine rooted and unlocked and they didnt say a thing.

leolawliet

Aug 7, 2011
New York, NY
www.facebook.com
nVidia couldn't care less about rooting, they just don't like custom roms.
Good to know. I haven't done custom ROMs yet nor have I played around with CPU settings after rooting. All I've been doing is using Xposed Framework, Root Explorer, Greenify (Root+Xposed Functions), and a few root apps that don't mod the system except for ViPER4Android FX.

Sent from my SHIELD using Tapatalk

djricekcn

Sep 27, 2010
Does anyone know if the Towel Root works with the Shield Tablet that just came out? I need that move apps to sd card because kitkat doesn't provide it.

***EDIT***
Someone told me i might have my Sd Card formatted wrong...i'll look into this

***DOUBle EDIT****
i still need to know cause if i remember correctly, you can't move the app data on any android without root access.

Last edited:

Outrager

Jun 14, 2012
Does anyone know if the Towel Root works with the Shield Tablet that just came out? I need that move apps to sd card because kitkat doesn't provide it.

***EDIT***
Someone told me i might have my Sd Card formatted wrong...i'll look into this

***DOUBle EDIT****
i still need to know cause if i remember correctly, you can't move the app data on any android without root access.

If your SD card is formatted with FAT32 you can move some apps to it without root.
Go to App Info of the app and just clikc Move to SD Card.
Some apps disable it. A lot of Gameloft apps don't seem to move properly. For me some apps like The Cave and Anomaly 2 will either give an error and fail or reboot my Shield and not move anything.

r3pwn

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 11, 2012
r3pwn.com
If your SD card is formatted with FAT32 you can move some apps to it without root.
Go to App Info of the app and just clikc Move to SD Card.
Some apps disable it. A lot of Gameloft apps don't seem to move properly. For me some apps like The Cave and Anomaly 2 will either give an error and fail or reboot my Shield and not move anything.
There's a few things I used to be able to move anything I wanted. First, when rooted, download an app called SDFix https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=nextapp.sdfix then, when you want to move an "unmovable" app, in an adb shell (or in Terminal Emulator) type:
Code:
su
pm set-install-location 2
Then, when you are done moving your apps, I would recommend switching it back because I ran into a few errors eventually.
Code:
su
pm set-install-location 0
Changes take effect immediately, no need to reboot.
I hope this helps you!

Reactions: Adanedhil

Outrager

Jun 14, 2012
There's a few things I used to be able to move anything I wanted. First, when rooted, download an app called SDFix https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=nextapp.sdfix then, when you want to move an "unmovable" app, in an adb shell (or in Terminal Emulator) type:
Code:
su
pm set-install-location 2
Then, when you are done moving your apps, I would recommend switching it back because I ran into a few errors eventually.
Code:
su
pm set-install-location 0
Changes take effect immediately, no need to reboot.
I hope this helps you!
Thanks for the tip.

Reactions: r3pwn

Top Liked Posts