[Q] Stuck at NAND Write Start!! Help ASAP!!

Search This thread

saurabh_goyal93

Aug 2, 2011
Hey guys,

I don't know what happened but I was trying to update my phone (GT-I9300) using Odin v3.07 and I'm getting stuck at NAND Write Start.

Also, I'm unable to boot into recovery mode.

Also, When I try to reboot my phone normally, I end up in downloading mode but without the counter and all those stats which are written in top left corner. Just plain simple downloading mode. I don't know what to do. Please help me out ASAP as my battery will die otherwise.

P.S. Phone's not charging!!! :'(

BHARGAV33

Apr 18, 2013
Hey guys,

I don't know what happened but I was trying to update my phone (GT-I9300) using Odin v3.07 and I'm getting stuck at NAND Write Start.

Also, I'm unable to boot into recovery mode.

Also, When I try to reboot my phone normally, I end up in downloading mode but without the counter and all those stats which are written in top left corner. Just plain simple downloading mode. I don't know what to do. Please help me out ASAP as my battery will die otherwise.

P.S. Phone's not charging!!! :'(

I guess you Messed it up.. Wish any dev could help ya
GOOD LUCK :good:.

BHARGAV33

Apr 18, 2013
What??? Seriously?? Warranty is still there or is it void?
Download mode shows the following:

PRODUCT NAME: GT-I9300
CUSTOM BINARY DOWNLOAD: No
CURRENT BINARY: Samsung Official
SYSTEM STATUS: Custom

Try getting into recovery mode..
Remove the battery
Hold down the keys for recovery mode(without battery)
Then put the battery in..
Don't leave the keys until you get into recovery mode.. Probably you'd have to try flashing an new rom through recovery..make sure the first thing you do.on CWM is factory reset

---------- Post added at 03:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:30 AM ----------

And also see if you could flash an new version of CWM through Odin

Scarface1991

Jul 30, 2011

You were the one asking about hardbrick and now it seems you could have suffered one. What a fu**ed up coinsidence. Although for now it looks like a Soft-Brick ;)

Ok first , how many % did your battery have when you started flashing?

Second, what Firmware did you flash and where did you get it (link would be good)?

The flashing counter looks good except the the System Status. It states custom which indicates that you changed the Firmware in some way which could void warranty but not always, depends on the carrier and the Service Center.

Reactions: saurabh_goyal93

saurabh_goyal93

Aug 2, 2011
You were the one asking about hardbrick and now it seems you could have suffered one. What a fu**ed up coinsidence. Although for now it looks like a Soft-Brick ;)

Second, what Firmware did you flash and where did you get it (link would be good)?

The flashing counter looks good except the the System Status. It states custom which indicates that you changed the Firmware in some way which could void warranty but not always, depends on the carrier and the Service Center.

1) Around 50% but the amount of battery left is much much less than that. I can feel it.
2) XXDLJ4 from Sammobile. I can't find the link. But it was official firmware from UK.

I live in India. We don't have carrier specific phones yet. But I have no idea what service centre guys are going to say. I'm just gonna tell him that I was updating using kies and this happened.

Last edited:

saurabh_goyal93

Aug 2, 2011
Try getting into recovery mode..
Remove the battery
Hold down the keys for recovery mode(without battery)
Then put the battery in..
Don't leave the keys until you get into recovery mode.. Probably you'd have to try flashing an new rom through recovery..make sure the first thing you do.on CWM is factory reset

---------- Post added at 03:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:30 AM ----------

And also see if you could flash an new version of CWM through Odin

Thanks for your reply but I'm unable to get into recovery mode. I tried what you said.

Scarface1991

Jul 30, 2011
XXDLJ4 is outdated and is from 2012. From what Google says it`s Android 4.1.1 . There are newer Firmwares around. The newest Firmware to my knowledge is XXEMC3. However it doesn`t matter what the Firmware is, it should work even if the Firmware is old. Do you still have the log from Odin? It would be good to see where Odin failed exactly. A screenshot would be great.

Last edited:

saurabh_goyal93

Aug 2, 2011
XXDLJ4 is outdated and is from 2012. From what Google says it`s Android 4.1.1 . There are newer Firmwares around. The newest Firmware to my knowledge is XXEMC3. However it doesn`t matter what the Firmware is, it should work even if the Firmware is old. Do you still have the log from Odin? It would be good to see where Odin failed exactly. A screenshot would be great.

Yeah. Sure. Here you go.

Attachments

• Capture.jpg
    Capture.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 473

Scarface1991

Jul 30, 2011
Ok a friend of mine had the same issue one time with his I9000 and it helped to switch the USB Ports and then try to flash the firmware again. Also turn off every process that belongs to Kies. Go to Task manager and Kill every Kies process.

Also try to use Odin 1.85, I`ve seen people having problems with Odin 3.xx before

saurabh_goyal93

Aug 2, 2011
Ok a friend of mine had the same issue one time with his I9000 and it helped to switch the USB Ports and then try to flash the firmware again. Also turn off every process that belongs to Kies. Go to Task manager and Kill every Kies process.

Also try to use Odin 1.85, I`ve seen people having problems with Odin 3.xx before

I'll do that. Give me two mins.

P.S. Can I somehow charge my phone's battery? Like through a wall socket? It shows old style downloading mode with no info whatsoever if I do that? Is it charging?

saurabh_goyal93

Aug 2, 2011

Same issue! I even reinstalled the drivers!!

Attachments

• Capture2.jpg
    Capture2.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 166

Scarface1991

Jul 30, 2011

P.S. Can I somehow charge my phone's battery? Like through a wall socket? It shows old style downloading mode with no info whatsoever if I do that? Is it charging?

Nope I don`t think it`s charging. That`s why almost every flashing guide says that you should have a fully charged battery before you flash a ROM to your device.

Edit: Ok this is weird. I would try a different Firmware.

Scarface1991

Jul 30, 2011
Turn your phone off so the battery won`t die. Then download the latest Firmware and flash it the same way you did before. This is the only thing that you could do to my knowledge.

Do you have a Custom ROM on your phones internal or external SD? If yes you could follow up on BHARGAV33`s tip to flash CWM Recovery through Odin and then try to access Recovery and afterwards wipe data and flash a new ROM.

dt@yahoo

Apr 25, 2012
Its bricked...hard bricked...send it off if you have warranty...it happened to me.

Sent from my Vivid 4G using xda app-developers app

saurabh_goyal93

Aug 2, 2011
"NAND Erase All" is worth trying?

Turn your phone off so the battery won`t die. Then download the latest Firmware and flash it the same way you did before. This is the only thing that you could do to my knowledge.

Do you have a Custom ROM on your phones internal or external SD? If yes you could follow up on BHARGAV33`s tip to flash CWM Recovery through Odin and then try to access Recovery and afterwards wipe data and flash a new ROM.

Doing that only for the some past hours. No, I'm unable to get into recovery in the way he said. I've already tried it. I searched around on forum & some people were able to tackle their issue by flashing a complete firmware with 3 files. I download the whole firmware which had 3 files but still no luck. I'm going crazy over here, should I just give my phone to Samsung Care and let them deal with it? Or is there anything left to try?

And BTW, I gotta ask, what exactly happens if someone ticks "NAND Erase All" in odin when flashing a firmware. I've not done this because according to me, it's not advisable to play with things which you don't know about.
1) So, what does "NAND Erase All" in odin do exactly?
2) Will it somehow be helpful in my situation?
3) Also, some people on XDA say that NAND Erase All hard bricks your phone & warranty is also void. Is this true?

saurabh_goyal93

Aug 2, 2011
Its bricked...hard bricked...send it off if you have warranty...it happened to me.

Sent from my Vivid 4G using xda app-developers app

SYSTEM STATUS: Custom <<<<<<< This is the part I'm worried about!!

Is my warranty voided or not?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Nope I don`t think it`s charging. That`s why almost every flashing guide says that you should have a fully charged battery before you flash a ROM to your device.

Edit: Ok this is weird. I would try a different Firmware.