Need help please

Search This thread

sobri46

Apr 2, 2013
Hi,

I have a samsung s3 sprint 4.3 MK3
it is already rooted and has CWM recovery
i want to change the modem but i make a wrong flash using LG2 Modem
and now my mobile has IMEI and BASEBAND UNKNOWN even the wifi is not working anymore

Please someone help me to fix this problem

thank you

Last edited:

goku2778

Aug 17, 2013
Hi,

I have a samsung s3 sprint 4.3 MK3
it is already rooted and has CWM recovery
i want to change the modem but i make a wrong flash using LG2 Modem
and now my mobile has IMEI and BASEBAND UNKNOWN even the wifi is not working anymore

Please someone help me to fix this problem

thank you

try a factory wipe/reset maybe? you'll still be rooted after that...couldn't hurt till someone else may chime in

this is also why you always, always, always make nandroid backups via recovery before doing anything to change your system

Last edited:

sobri46

Apr 2, 2013
try a factory wipe/reset maybe? you'll still be rooted after that...couldn't hurt till someone else may chime in

this is also why you always, always, always make nandroid backups via recovery before doing anything to change your system

i had flash back to MK3 modem back but no change on imei and baseband
i had make a factory reset but also no change

goku2778

Aug 17, 2013
i had flash back to MK3 modem back but no change on imei and baseband
i had make a factory reset but also no change

damn...hopefully someone can help you out before I would say use my 2nd link in my signature and completely reinstall the entire 4.3 operating system and then root all over again...did you attempt while on the stock rom, going to settings>more>system update and then update your prl and profile?

edit...actually, you can try this, 4.3 mk3 stock roms already rooted...see what happens, it has some other stuff too in it that might help you out with your errors:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2541900

Last edited:

sobri46

Apr 2, 2013
Do you mean I should flash tw rom first ?
Then call ##72786# and the phone will work fine as before

Can I flash tw rom because my stock rom is 4.3 ?
And I hear that if we have 4.3 rom we cannot downgrade to anyrom

Last edited:

Mr. Struck

May 20, 2013
Longmont, Colorado
Do you mean I should flash tw rom first ?
Then call ##72786# and the phone will work fine as before

Can I flash tw rom because my stock rom is 4.3 ?
And I hear that if we have 4.3 rom we cannot downgrade to anyrom

Yes, you need to be running any TW based ROM (stock, Wicked Sensations, MOAR, etc.) to run a PRL and Profile reset from your dialer, this function does not work on AOSP based ROM's. Hopefully you have a backup of your stock ROM, otherwise you will need to download one, and be patient because the file size is huge.

As to the second part of your post, stock is TW, and the downgrade rumor is only applicable if you 1) Have the Knox bootloader and 2) try to use Odin to change to a different firmware version that contains a non-Knox bootloader. You can flash any Android version of any ROM that you want when using custom recovery like Philz Touch.

sobri46

Apr 2, 2013
thank you guys and especially mr struck i already make the phone work again after dial ##72786#

and also i use someone trick that i should take out the battery for an hour after dial the code , so i take it out for a whole day and when i try the phone everything is working normally again.

thank you

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    PRL and Profile reset-from the dialer on a TW ROM, dial ##72786# it will reset itself after two automatic reboots (don't touch anything while process is occurring).