Importing to USA

Search This thread

spidum

Apr 20, 2014
So I'm planning on importing a Z2.
I'm on AT&T, are there any unforeseen consequences to doing this?
I just want to make sure I don't screw myself.
Thanks in advance.

rickaysen

Apr 14, 2014
So I'm planning on importing a Z2.
I'm on AT&T, are there any unforeseen consequences to doing this?
I just want to make sure I don't screw myself.
Thanks in advance.

I did it and it was painless. I had my concerns but someone on another forum recommended a reputable dealer "e-bagel-tw" on eBay. He accepted my "best offer" price and the shipping was free. Since it's an international phone, it has to have AT&Ts LTE enabled after you get it. Some people have been panicking thinking they're stuck with 3G, but it's perfectly compatible once you download and install the right files.

maxx880

May 8, 2009
I did it and it was painless. I had my concerns but someone on another forum recommended a reputable dealer "e-bagel-tw" on eBay. He accepted my "best offer" price and the shipping was free. Since it's an international phone, it has to have AT&Ts LTE enabled after you get it. Some people have been panicking thinking they're stuck with 3G, but it's perfectly compatible once you download and install the right files.

I can confirm that ebay seller "e-bagel-tw" is legit. I ordered my purple z2 from them and had it in my hands in 2 days from Taiwan to U.S. Phone has worked flawlessly for the 2 weeks I have had it.

hanano17

Mar 1, 2011
Fort Lauderdale
I can confirm that ebay seller "e-bagel-tw" is legit. I ordered my purple z2 from them and had it in my hands in 2 days from Taiwan to U.S. Phone has worked flawlessly for the 2 weeks I have had it.

I'm thinking of ordering as well, I've grown impatient with my handtec order. Did you guys get the noise cancelling headphones or dock charger? His ebay listing doesn't mention either. Thanks.

AirSupply

Mar 6, 2008

I bought my phone from this seller too. When I realized that the was no charging dock in the box, I contacted him and he sent me the dock free of charge.

Such a good and honest seller. He deserves your business

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk 2

maxx880

May 8, 2009
I bought my phone from this seller too. When I realized that the was no charging dock in the box, I contacted him and he sent me the dock free of charge.

Such a good and honest seller. He deserves your business

Same here. I recieved the device with no charging dock, so he sent me a dock.

jkDave

Nov 1, 2013

Do you know a reliable source for these files? Just getting my ducks in a row.

Paperinik68

Sep 15, 2011
I'm also on AT&T. I will say that I'd you don't already have the correctly enabled sim card, the system will give you a 3G only one of they enable the Z2 in your account. I had to go back and get them to fake the system into thinking I siding a different model so that it would provision LTE on my account.

Other than that, turn on LTE in the settings and use the system software to download the Internet settings and you're golden.

FYI, I dealt with the same seller and have the same comments about how great he is.

Sent from my D6503 using xda app-developers app

rickaysen

Apr 14, 2014
Do you know a reliable source for these files? Just getting my ducks in a row.

I wish I was paying more attention at the time. I took the phone to a local AT&T device support location in NYC when I realized I was not receiving data. The tech there couldn't figure it out at first either which is when mild panic started to set in and I backed off to let him fiddle with it. Eventually, he had a eureka moment when he stumbled upon a setting that required the download of a little file that allows the phone to connect to US LTE carriers. AT&T was one of the choices. Now in my phones settings: tools...wireless networks...more...internet settings...accept...and one of the three choices is ATT.

cdd543

Sep 20, 2007
I'm going to order one as well. Probably will use the same seller.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I saw a few people with tmobile saying they got LTE going.

Can anyone confirm the noise canceling earphones from the suggested eBay seller? Thanks

Yeah, the noise cancelling earphones were included in the box.

For those of you who bought the Z2 from e-bagel-tw, how long did it take to ship out after you sent the payment? I sent the payment Monday at 9 AM and the status still says preparing for dispatch

In my case, it only took less than 54 hours from the moment I sent payment to receive two Z2 at my house in Minnesota. DHL is lighting fast. I bought from that guy as well
    Hi guys,

I'm actually looking for an upgrade trying to decide between the M8 and S5 until I saw this one however will the one that you guys say that is on ebay (e-bagel-tw) fully work on T-Mo???? I saw a post mentioning downloading some files to make it work on ATT, what files custom files, official files?

I'm sorry but I hate when people give incomplete answers, this is not a cheap phone and it will be very painful to pay 800+ for a phone could have limited connectivity.

Thank you for your time and sharing your wisdom.

Hi,

I have the phone from this ebay seller and I can guarantee that it fully works on T-Mobile. Very good reception and LTE
    Hi, did you have to do any steps or did it work right out of the box?

Sorry, but a couple more questions how is the software performance on the phone, compared to TouchWiz and Sense6? People say that the S5 lags and that is why I'm leaning towards the M8 but I want to know about the Z2.

Seconldy, the build, I've heard that there are at least 2 versions, one with aluminum body and the other is plastic, which is the one you got.

Again thank you for your time and help.

Hi,

Out of the box you'll get service, to get data there's an option that lets you download internet and MMS. You press the button and does everything for you in less than a minute.

Performance wise is very similar to a Nexus 5 since being very similar to stock. I downloaded the Google Launcher and you can't tell the difference. I had the M8 for a couple of weeks as well before I returned it and I have no regrets. Touchwiz is always going to lag no matter what.

Mine is an aluminum body with the edges surrounding the screen being plastic. I can assure that the phone build is awesome because i dropped the phone 3rd day of owning it getting out of my car :/. It suffered only a couple of scratches on the body.

Is an awesome phone with great battery life and awesome camera.