Dalvik out, ART in

Search This thread

Boopie11

Aug 3, 2013
I think thay ART will be the update that Android needs to become an ever better OS, no lag, smooth, faster..
Can't wait!

BerndM14

Apr 8, 2014
That's all nice, but for the xposed framework customizers...If they roll out a new Android version with Dalvik completely removed. How long will it take rovo to get the framework running on ART, it's not going to be easy or quick...

axljohn

Jun 6, 2012
Samsung Galaxy A52s 5G
While high-end phones don't (and won't) have much problems regarding performance irregardless of ART or Dalvik, I think it's the mid- to low-end phones that's getting a slight performance boost on ART. Apps open faster but at the cost of 0.10% app data increase, which is the only downside. :( Still, it's a great thing how Android evolved through the years and Google is really making a good job. :good:

Can't wait for L :p

carlfinity

Jun 25, 2014
Butuan City
www.carlfinity.net
While high-end phones don't (and won't) have much problems regarding performance irregardless of ART or Dalvik, I think it's the mid- to low-end phones that's getting a slight performance boost on ART. Apps open faster but at the cost of 0.10% app data increase, which is the only downside. :( Still, it's a great thing how Android evolved through the years and Google is really making a good job. :good:

Can't wait for L :p

This is true. I can easily ignore the data increase as storage are getting cheaper these days.

theBlackEnd

Mar 14, 2014
That's all nice, but for the xposed framework customizers...If they roll out a new Android version with Dalvik completely removed. How long will it take rovo to get the framework running on ART, it's not going to be easy or quick...

Give this a look
http://www.xda-developers.com/android/rovo89-speaks-up-regarding-art-and-android-l-support/

I don't think it will take too long to get a pre-alpha version, but he'll need time to test it before releasing it.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    That is my concern as well.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

My thoughts also