[Updated 2-11-2012] THE BEGINNERS (N00B) GUIDE!!! N00BS LOOK HERE FOR YOUR HOW TOs

Search This thread

xploited

Feb 8, 2009
I figure this is the best place to start with this Q.

Im coming from an EVO 4g where we have simple root options like unrevoked and recoveries like Amon-RA and very easy to understand ROM's -just flash the darn thing from your sd-card-. I have an atrix brand new never did anything to it didnt even set up my gmail account. Its on 1.2.6 straight out of the box. My issue is that there isn't a simple guide as to what to do first and what to do second. Ive seen in the OP the different options for rooting such as gladroot and gigerbreak. but not sure where and when to unlock the Bootloader, which i guess is the same as S-OFF on the EVO. And then how to update to the latest ota without screwing it all up while allowing tethering and sideloading in the mix.

If some one can please just tell me a simple 1..2.. step on what to do. I can follow the instructions in the other posts i just dont know the order. And i would really like to avoid guessing and bricking a phone...

Thanx in advance for your patients and time in responding. Theres always a learning curve when dealing with a new phone...

I have read pretty much all of the development threads and still agree that instructions aren't as forward as they could be.

Anyway, i have went through the whole process yesterday with a success. I am willing to help you out. Basically, if you are on stock and want safe latest gingerbread here are your steps -
1. unlock bootloader
2. install CWM for unlocked bootloaders
3. backup your current system in CWM
4. flash gingerbread rom of your liking via CWM or via fastboot
5. apply mods to your liking (root, tethering, webtop, etc)

that's about it

p.s. you can PM or me or add me on gtalk and i will be willing to help with more details. :D i am not a dev or an expert, but i have successfully done this on my phone. :D

baddiejang

Jul 22, 2011
Hi all,
greeting from ex-symbian user .
Currently own Atrix AT&T, but use in Malaysia.
I get it from AP dealer here.

So, my question is, where generally basics ;

-How can I tell my Atrix has unlocked bootloader? The Cherryblur 1.4d guide state that my Atrix need to be bootloader unlocked.How can I make sure of that? or should I flash unlocked sbf onto my unknown status Atrix, should it already BL unlocked?

-as per dealer said, my Atrix is unlocked, as I confirmed by inserting local telco's SIM card, and work well.

-currently, my Atrix is running on Android 2.2.*, how or can I apply Cherryblur ROM directly to my Atrix after bootloader unlocked?

-if I were to remove all AT&T related app, do I need just SU/root, or never can I?

Thanks.

Last edited:

sk8trix

May 26, 2011
Hudson county N.J
Well here is my question:I downloaded the official update over OTA wifi.
There is nothing worng with my phone so far and its rooted but...I realized after I did the OTA that this renders RSD useless to flash back to .83 or to just fix my phone if it ever starts acting up,and that really gets under my skin.

Is there a way I can flash the Gingerbread leak sbf if I already got the official att OTA?

I know I can't flash to 1.83 but I wonder if I can flash to gingerbread or what is the best way to flash the leak and go about doing the rest of the unlovking and rooting and webtop? I was previously on Gingerblur.

I read alot of threads but alot of them talk about the leak not the official att OTA so I just want to be sure what I gotta do before I go and end up with a hard brick

xploited

Feb 8, 2009
Well here is my question:I downloaded the official update over OTA wifi.
There is nothing worng with my phone so far and its rooted but...I realized after I did the OTA that this renders RSD useless to flash back to .83 or to just fix my phone if it ever starts acting up,and that really gets under my skin.

Is there a way I can flash the Gingerbread leak sbf if I already got the official att OTA?

I know I can't flash to 1.83 but I wonder if I can flash to gingerbread or what is the best way to flash the leak and go about doing the rest of the unlovking and rooting and webtop? I was previously on Gingerblur.

I read alot of threads but alot of them talk about the leak not the official att OTA so I just want to be sure what I gotta do before I go and end up with a hard brick

This really isn't that big of a problem, since you can recover with other methods besides SBF. If you BL unlock your 2.3.4 you will be able to install CWM and flash any build you want from there, or just use moto-fastboot.

xploited

Feb 8, 2009
Hi all,
greeting from ex-symbian user .
Currently own Atrix AT&T, but use in Malaysia.
I get it from AP dealer here.

So, my question is, where generally basics ;

-How can I tell my Atrix has unlocked bootloader? The Cherryblur 1.4d guide state that my Atrix need to be bootloader unlocked.How can I make sure of that? or should I flash unlocked sbf onto my unknown status Atrix, should it already BL unlocked?

-as per dealer said, my Atrix is unlocked, as I confirmed by inserting local telco's SIM card, and work well.

-currently, my Atrix is running on Android 2.2.*, how or can I apply Cherryblur ROM directly to my Atrix after bootloader unlocked?

-if I were to remove all AT&T related app, do I need just SU/root, or never can I?

Thanks.

- looks like your phone is SIM unlocked. Bootloader unlock is a completely different thing. If your phone is unlocked it will say "Unlocked" in the upper left corner during the boot process. Besides that, flashing pudding again wouldn't hurt your if you are already unlocked. Just make sure you use the correct unlock sbf.

- after you unlock the bootoloader, you need to install CWM, backup your current system and flash Cherryblur via CWM.

- ATT apps can be uninstalled without root, but some bloat can't.

Reactions: baddiejang

chiwepau

Jul 11, 2011
Motorola Atrix officially gets Android 2.3 Gingerbread

Motorola has just announced the Motorola Atrix officially gets Android 2.3.4 Gingerbread :D

magdoll

Aug 6, 2009
Chicagoland
Is there a guide to rooting the 2.3.4 OTA yet? I tried Gingerbreak on my own with no luck.

The OTA killed my APN exploit for Mobile Hotspot. I need root to get it back and for gTalk w/ Video over H+.

GoodFoot

Mar 30, 2011
Is there a guide to rooting the 2.3.4 OTA yet? I tried Gingerbreak on my own with no luck.

The OTA killed my APN exploit for Mobile Hotspot. I need root to get it back and for gTalk w/ Video over H+.
I used the procedure described in post #2 of this thread: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1138204. With the 2.3.4 firmware downloaded OTA, I had to use the command /preinstall/su where it said to use /preinstall/dosu

antbeats

Feb 26, 2011
I also tried it and I already have Suepruser installed however I can't get Root on the phone. I'm not trying to unlock my phone I already did the 2.3.4 update from Motorola I JUST NEED ROOT. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I tried running through using fastboot copying the preinstall over and running those commands the dosu command does not work.

esimpson1

Feb 3, 2011
I need the same

I applied the OTA Gingerbread 2.3.4 update. I lost root as well. Can't seem to find the procedure for re-rooting. Everything I find is the "leaked" 2.3.4 stuff.

My understanding is with the OTA, the bootloader is natively unlockable -- Is this true?

ad3qz

Nov 15, 2008
What about the international Atrix?
Mine has ME860 model version.
I tried update it to france firmware, but it makes my atrix keep restarting after entering android menu.
then i did restore my backup file, and i find my wifi error.
what should i do?

GabA88

Jul 27, 2011
Hey newb here needing some help..
I have a rooted atrix with OTA 4.5.91 and I wanted to install the webtop mod. I found this thread http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1144119
but I would always get adb is not recognized as an internal or external command at the beginning. So I looked for a how to guide which I found here http://atrix4ghacks.com/atrix-4g-hacks/how-to-enable-webtop-without-laptopusb-dock/ I noticed in the zip file they provide it has more files not just dockservice.apk and portalapp.apk. I replaced the files in the atrix4g guide with the 2 apk files from the first thread. I also followed directions from the atrix4g guide and finished the install. It appears to be working alright. The only problem is I can't swipe to leave the home page, so my other pages like where my widgets are don't show up. I was wondering if I could have screwed anything up? The commands are similar but there are some commands omitted in the atrix4g hacks guide including

rm /data/dalvik-cache/*DockService* /data/dalvik-cache/*PortalApp*
cd /system/app
chown 0:0 ./DockService.apk
chown 0:0 ./PortalApp.apk
chmod 644 ./DockService.apk
chmod 644 ./PortalApp.apk

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

kingmidas101

Feb 11, 2009
Pittsburgh
Root from factory Android v2.3.4 (system v4.5.91)?

I applied the OTA Gingerbread 2.3.4 update. I lost root as well. Can't seem to find the procedure for re-rooting. Everything I find is the "leaked" 2.3.4 stuff.

My understanding is with the OTA, the bootloader is natively unlockable -- Is this true?

I'm in the same boat. I stuck with the factory updates (1.2.6 --> 1.5.7 --> 1.8.3 --> 2.3.4), and I never rooted the phone. Now I'm wondering if its OK to root the phone from factory 4.5.91.

danny630

Dec 13, 2007
The beginners (n00b) guide!!!

Great Job Swiftks that is some very useful information !!!!!:)

I was looking for thread like this you did a great job.

mviana

Very Easy and straightforward

I've been gone from the forum for awhile and I'm very happy to see that I was able to root my new ATRIX 4G so easily. Its good to see that some things don't change.

Thanks mramerizusa!:cool::D

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So you’re a N00B with a brand new Android device, and you have no idea what all this sbf, adb, bootloader talk is all about; you just want to know how to do cool stuff with your new phone and be as cool as all of us Senior Members :D

Well here’s a Atrix N00B Guide just for you that will hopefully be a good jumping off point for you to start exploring and getting into the world of themeing, ROMing, flashing, etc. Most of this stuff was pulled from various XDA forums, and is easy enough to find, if you just take the time to search for it, but being the nice N00B friend that I am, I thought I’d try and compile most of it one place. So here goes…

*If you can’t figure something out or need help with whatever your particular problem may be, before you go cluttering up the forums with your problem and you get blasted by Senior Members like me :) use the SEARCH bar at the top of each section and/or thread. I promise you, you are not the first person to have your problem, and more times than not, your problem has been answered more than once. People HATE seeing questions that were just answered one or two pages previously. SO USE THE FREAKING SEARCH BUTTON!!!

*NOTE: Most of the following links are going to be for U.S. AT&T based phones only. Sorry, but that’s what I have and that’s what I know. Most of you BELL & other international guys should find some of this useful though, and most of the links below also have a international build version now.

Lets start with some basic terminology & general understanding:

What is Root / Rooting?

Put simply, Rooting your device allows you, and/or rooted apps, to access parts of the Linux based Android software that is your OS, and that you would otherwise not be able to access. These tasks can be as simple and beneficial as backing up your system setting, or as complicated as installing custom ROMs, Kernels, etc. (more on this later).

What is a Motorola .SBF file?

SBF stands for Single Binary File, and contains a firmware image that can be installed on your device. i.e. they are more of less what you are installing on your device when you do a OTA (over the air) update; except an actual .sbf file that you download and flash on your own will most of the time not only contain the updated info. in the OTA, but also all the other “stock” info. that came with the device. That’s why when you flash a .sbf file it will return you to a stock/retail device.

What is ADB?

ADB = Android Debug Bridge. So what this basically is, is a command/terminal based interface you can run from your PC, to interact with your device and its file structure. You can PUSH (install) programs, apps, .apk files, etc. to your device, move things around, set permissions, etc. One of the primary things to remember when trying to use adb, is that you need to enable debugging on your device. In fact it’s a good idea to enable this, and leave it that way… forever! :) This setting can be found on your device under Settings -> Applications -> Development -> USB debugging

Here is a list of helpful adb commands:
    http://android-dls.com/wiki/index.php?title=ADB

What is a ROM?

A rom is like a custom firmware image that is made by a Developer either entirely from scratch, or based off of the official firmware package. Some ROMs contain simple changes like changing icons and adding extra options to things, other more complicated ROMs can change the entire Android experience. Which one you will want to flash, will be entirely up to you. Read carefully, and make sure you understand what you are getting into before you flash.

What is a Kernel?

As a rule of thumb, if you have to ask, you probably shouldn’t be messing with this anyway. But hey, best for you to at least know what it is. A kernel is the heart of the device's OS. In simplest terms it’s a connection between your apps and your device’s hardware; i.e. the processor, RAM, etc. A custom kernel can dramatically change the way your device’s hardware performs… for the better and/or the worse.

What is a Bootloader?

The bootloader is a program code that is executed before the device OS starts up, and that instructs that device to boot “normally”. The bootloader can come locked or unlocked from the manufacture. A unlocked bootloader will allow you to install custom ROMs & Kernels (as well as some other neat things) on your device.

What is a odexed and de-odexed framework, and what is the difference between the two?

Just read this: :)
    http://www.addictivetips.com/mobile/what-is-odex-and-deodex-in-android-complete-guide/

What is CWM Recovery (ClockWorkMod Recovery)?

CWM is a custom recovery program that allows you to backup / restore a full or partial system backup of your device. It also allows you to install flashable .zip files; which is one of the primary installation methods for custom ROMs. It also provides other neat features such as cache wiping, battery reset, and other processes. Long story short, if you are thinking about flashing custom ROMs or just want a really good backup program, incase you FUBAR your device, you need to install this.

What is Fastboot?

Again, just read these for description & helpful Commands:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=619153 [Thanks briggie108]
    or
    http://android-dls.com/wiki/index.php?title=Fastboot

What is all this CM7 stuff about?

CM7 stands for CyanogenMod v7. It's a very popular ROM, b/c of its built-in options, great enchantments and total removal of manufacture software; i.e. all that MotoBlur stuff on your device is gone. It is a stripped down fast and well designed ROM with a custom kernel, that allows for easy flashing of great custom themes (just check out the General Theme Section for Android on XDA). Only a small selection of Android devices have a "official" release of CM7, however almost all Android devices have a "un-official" port for it. The Atrix 4G port is currently in its pre-beta stage and is being worked on by the Atrix Dev-Team.

More info. on CM7 can be found here:
    http://www.cyanogenmod.com/
    And here:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CyanogenMod

The #1 rule of CyanogenMod is that you do not ask for timetables!!! You have been warned. If you choose to ignore my warning, ask away and prepare to be blasted until you cry.

Information on the current status of the Atrix 4G port of CM7, as well as a list of current bugs, can be found here:
    https://code.google.com/p/atrix-dev-team/

CM7.1 Beta for the Atrix is Available Now!!!
    Information, install instructions, etc. can be found here:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1257574

CM7 Nightlies Now Available for the Atrix (a.k.a. Olympus)
    *Note: Nightly builds may be unstable, and are unsuppoted by the Dev Team.
    http://download.cyanogenmod.com/?device=olympus

Nightly change log can be found here:
    http://cm-nightlies.appspot.com/?device=olympus

The current version of CM7 for the Atrix does not yet support the following:
    - Webtop
    - Fingerprint Scanner
    - Pocket Detector
    - Horizontal HDMI Mirroring

MY CYANOGENMOD INSTALLATION GUIDE:
    http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=19986512&post=234

Theme Chooser Themes for CM7 (200+):
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1167075

*Please make sure to search the thread before you post an already answered question. Also, if you have the $ available, please consider a $donation$ to the Atrix Dev Team for their continued hard work (remember, this is still beta, they're still working hard at it).

ATRIX (4.5.91 FIRMWARE) HOW TOs:

Here are some How To Guides that may be helpful to new Atrix 4G owners that have just got thier phone & have the most recent firmware = 4.5.91 (Android 2.3.4). Read each How TO carefully and completely before attempting. If you are unsure of what to do, or how to do it, ask a question first. I will try a put this is a order that somewhat makes sense.

HOW TO FLASH A SBF:

WARNING: If you are on Android 2.3.4 (4.5.91) w/ a unlocked bootloader, do NOT flash back to a earlier sbf version. DOING SO WITH BRICK YOUR DEVICE!!! Use CWM Fruitcake described below instead.

SBF Hints, Tricks & Guidelines:

- Always make sure to flash with a full battery! The last thing you want to do is run out of juice in the middle of a sbf flash; that's a great way to brick your device.

- As a general rule of thumb before flashing a sbf file to your device, you should always download the sbf file to a file path on your computer with the least possible spaces (i.e. the shorter the file path to the sbf file the better). So just download it to the root drive of your computer, such as C:\.

- Also, because these sbf files are so long, this sometimes causes problems with RSD Lite (the program you use to flash the sbf to your device). So, I would suggest you change the file name to something short, like OLYFR.sbf. It doesn’t so much matter what you name the sbf file, just so long as it’s short, does not contain any spaces in the name and you do not change the .sbf file extension. This will help prevent errors when trying to flash (no, I don’t know why, it just does).

- If you are running Windows on your PC, open RSD Lite as a Administrator. Also, when you open RSD Lite, Instead of browsing for the sbf file via the normal “…” button in the program, just drag the sbf file onto the file path bar in RSD Lite. Sometimes, the sbf file will not load when you select it via the browser button in RSD Lite (again I have no idea why).

- Once your sbf file begins to flash to your device, be patient… the device will re-boot at least a couple times in the flash process. Do not get jumpy and disconnect your device until RSD Lite says you are 100% done! Doing so can cause your device to BRICK! If for some reason you have waited for an inordinate amount of time, and it does not say finished, then ask for help on the thread, before unplugging. The same goes for pulling the battery. DO NOT DO THAT!!! Pulling your battery during a sbf flash, is one sure fire way to brick your device. Only pull the battery as a last resort and only after you have asked for help.

- RSD Lite has been updated to v5.3.1, here is the download link:
    http://www.mediafire.com/?zz81vf1o2y73d4n
    or
    http://www.datafilehost.com/download-33dce367.html

STEPS:

1) Have the correct Motorola drivers installed for your PC (i.e. x32-bit or x64-bit).

2) Download RSD Lite (Links above) & install on your PC.

3) Choose a sbf file to download and flash from Motorola Atrix Firmware Super Thread: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1125944
    If you are currently running firmware 4.5.91, I suggest that you only flash back to this firmware version. Flashing back to a eariler sbf/firmware version may have unintended consequences, the most serious of which is bricking your device.
    *Note: U.S. AT&T users should only flash AT&T sbfs, internationl users should only flash their particular sbf versions.

4) Read the above sbf hints, trick, etc. to help prevent RSD Lite problems/errors.

5) Open RSD Lite and load the sbf file that you downloaded.

6) Put your device in RSD Protocol Mode by powering OFF, and upon powering back ON, hold both the power button and the volume UP button. Device should now say "Entering RSD Protocol Mode."

7) Connect your device to your computer via the usb cable, and select your device by clicking/highlighting it in RSD Lite.

8) Select START in RSD Lite and let the sbf flash process fully complete before disconnecting the device from the PC. There will be several reboots and the process make take 5 - 10 minutes to complete a FULL sbf flash.

9) If you have any errors or problems as a question, prefably in the Q&A section.

*Note: After unlocking your bootloader and installing a CWM (*see below), you have the option to flash stock sbf files named "Fruitcakes" that do not require RSD Lite to flash (see information below).

HOW TO UNLOCK YOUR BOOTLOADER FOR ANDROID 2.3.4 (FIRMWARE 4.5.91):

WARNING: If you are on Android 2.3.4 (4.5.91) w/ a unlocked bootloader, do NOT flash back to a earlier sbf version. DOING SO WITH BRICK YOUR DEVICE!!!

Try the automated scrpit in this thread: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1182871
    or
    Try the original unlock method in the Main Pudding Thread: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1136261
    *Use the instructions on this page for this method: http://briefmobile.com/how-to-unlock-the-atrix-4g-bootloader]

Directions are in the respective OP

HOW TO ROOT YOUR DEVICE ON ANDROID 2.3.4:

One Click Root For Motorola Phones Running Android 2.3.4:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1255548

Alternative Root Methods:

Follow the instructions in this post:
    xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=15872818
    or
    These Instructions:
    http://briefmobile.com/motorola-atrix-4g-root

*Note: Many of the ROMs you may wish to install, after your boot loader is unlocked, will also include a ROOT package. Check the indiviual ROM OP to make sure though.

HOW TO INSTALL CWM RECOVERY ON 2.3.4:

CWM Options:

With 2.3.4, you now have 2 different options available for CWM Recovery. You should have a unlocked bootloader, be rooted and be on Android 2.3.4 (firmware version 4.5.91), before attempting to flash any of these. Each is described below.

Option 1: RomRacer's CWM

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1204500

- This CWM is extremely stable & has multiple features, such as the ability to choose whether to backup the webtop portion of your device, or not. It supports both ext-sd (micro sd card) and internal sd (internal storage). You can also choose from a variety of colors & supports both U.S AT&T and International users. This CWM will also be the official CWM of CM7 ported by the Atrix Dev Team.
    - I personally prefer this CWM as it also works with ROM Manager (app from the market - *see details below).

*Note: If you do not have any CWM Recovery installed yet, you can use the fastboot commands in the OP (use the non .zip version to install via fastboot), or you can install via ROM Manager with the below instructions.

*Note: If you already have a different version of CWM Recovery installed, and want to switch to RomRacer's, then first check to see if a file labeled "install-recovery.sh" @ /system/etc/. If the file is there, delete it, before proceeding with the install of RomRacer's version.

Install Instructions to Use RomRacer's CWM w/ ROM Manager APP:

1) Download the ".zip" file of your color choice (make sure you choose the right version AT&T or international), and place the .zip file on the sd-card (internal storage).

2) Download ROM Manager from the Market (paid or free, it doesn't matter) and install app.
    https://market.android.com/details?id=com.koushikdutta.rommanager&hl=en

3) Open ROM Manager and select "Flash ClockworkMod Recovery," making sure to select the right device (i.e. Atrix 4G). This will flash the current version of CWM to your device, which will also work (see details/limitations discussed below).

4) Now, choose "Install ROM from SD Card", and choose the .zip file that you saved on your internal storage. You should not need to delete any of the cache options. ROM Manager will reboot the device into CWM and flash the .zip automatically, and then reboot again.

5) You should now have RomRacer's custom CWM installed over the ROM Manager version. You can now select Reboot into Recovery from ROM Manager, and it should boot into CWM Recovery.

Option 2: ROM Manager's Stock CWM

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.koushikdutta.rommanager&hl=en

- For install instructions, see steps 1-3 under the RomRacer's CWM.
    - Allows for easy CWM updating, as well as ROM updates that are posted by the developer on ROM Manager's servers.
    - Current build much better, and allows for both internal & external sd installs/backups.

HOW TO INSTALL FRUITCAKES ON 2.3.4 (GREAT SBF/RSD ALTERNATIVE!!!):

If you have a unlocked boot loader and CWM Recovery installed, and you wish to go back to "stock" you now have a wonderful alternative called Fruitcake. The fruitcake files are essentially stock sbf files that bypass the need to use RSD Lite; they flash via CWM just like any other .zip file that you flash. This is very welcome as it eliminates the need for RSD Lite and the problems associated with it.
    You can find your Fruitcake here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1163009

WHAT DO I DO IF MY DEVICE WILL NOT FULLY BOOT??? (i.e. Boot Loop or Soft Brick):

- If you have a bootloop/softbirck after atempting to unlock your bootloader:
    a) If you flashed the unlock .sbf, are you sure you booted into fastboot and issued the "fastboot oem unlock" command.
    b) If you happen to have a 2.3.4 ROM saved on you device, or a Fruitcake.zip, try booting into Android Recovery and reflashing. Make sure to wipe dalvik cache, cache partition, and format data first though.
    c) If you can boot into fastboot, you can fastboot flash the "stock" 2.3.4 Gingerbread .img/system files by following the instructions on this page:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1163342
    *Note: The .img files to install via fastboot are located under "Download Gingerbread Stock Images" on the download page.

- If you have bootloop/softbrick after attempting to flash a ROM or Kernel:
    a) Did you download the correct version of the ROM or Kernel for your device (i.e. US AT&T vs International).
    b) If you're installing a new kernel, did you flash back to the stock kernel first, before trying to flash the different kernel.
    c) Are you sure you wiped the dalvik cache, cache partition & formated the data (i.e. The Big Three) before installing the ROM. For a kernel install, just wipe dalvik cache & chace partition.
    *Note: If you are using the stock ROM Manager CWM version, then you need to fastboot wipe for fomating data, as this feature does not yet work on ROM Manager. Fastboot command: "fastboot -w".
    d) Try re-flashing ROM, after making sure you did the above 3 correctly... still not working, you can hopefully still:
    1) Flash a Fruitcake in CWM to give you a clean install. Make sure to wipe "the big 3" first.
    2) Can't get into Android Recovery/CWM, try flashing the stock Gingerbread .img files via fastboot. Instructions here:

The 2.3.4 (4.5.91 Firmware) Section:

Updated ROMs, Kernels, etc. for 2.3.4 (firmware 4.5.91) --- UPDATED 8/14/2011

So with the official release of Gingerbread 2.3.4, a host of new ROMs & Kernels have been released for the Atrix, along with various fixes and mods for those ROMs & Kernels. I'll try and cover the most common ones below, as always if you feel something needs to be added, just let me know.

*Note: Before flashing any of these make sure that you:

1) Have a unlocked boot loader:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1136261

2) Have CWM installed

3) Understand Fastboot/moto-fastboot commands

ROMs & Kernels:

FYI:
    Before installing any ROM or Kernel I suggest you do the following to help prevent error, boot-loops, etc. Also, it's a good idea to flash a new ROM or Kernel on a fully charged device:

1) Download which ever ROM or Kernel you plan on flashing and have the .zip on your device ready to flash.
    2) Backup your apps (not system data), contacts, etc. Also consider making a CWM backup of your device, just in case.
    3) Boot into CWM Recovery
    4) Wipe Dalvik Cache (under advanced in CWM)
    5) Wipe Cache Partition
    6) Wipe data/factory reset
    6a) If you're using ROM Manager/CWM you will need to reboot the device after step 5, and upon reboot enter fastboot mode and enter the command: "fastboot -w" or "moto-fastboot -w" if you prefer using moto-fastboot. Then type "fastboot reboot" and upon reboot make sure to enter Android Recovery again, so that you can flash the ROM/Kernel.
    7) Install .zip from SD Card (choose the .zip you wish to install)
    8) If you installing a radio, theme, kernel, etc. on top of a ROM, I would suggest redoing the whole wipe process again between flashes.
    9) Reboot the Device
    - If you get a boot loop, try entering Android recovery and re-wiping the chace and data, and perhaps try reflashing the ROM/Kernel. Or if you made a CWM backup, you can always restore that.

ROMS

Stock Gingerbread 2.3.4 (Thanks KennethPenn):
    *Note: This is useful if you need to return to stock Gingerbread. Both CWM & Fastboot install available.

Home Base ROM (by Seanzscreams):

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1242721

This is a "stock" Android base ROM, with multiple versions ranging from almost stock with only a few tweaks, to a stock feel with multiple mods, extras, etc.

ASOP Atrix ROM (by Stinebd):

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1306550

ASOP = Android Open Source Project - - in other words, it's supposed to make your device as close to a stock Google Android device as possible (i.e. like a Nexus device).

*Note: since this rom is essentially a stock Android experience, many of the Atrix's stock features will not work; like the fingerprint scanner, webtop, etc.

Alien ROM & Theme (by KennethPenn):
    *Note: The ROM is separate from the theme, which can be applied afterwards if you wish.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1186537

This is a very stable ROM, however there are a few issues with the Theme portion. The Kernel is stock 2.3.4.

Ninja ROM (by SamCripp):

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1173843

Super fast ROM, with Faux123's Kernel included.

Cherry Pie & Pie Crust (by Navalynt):

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1189497

Includes optional themes and has a separate international build version.

Aura ROM (by Diviance):

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1186990

Includes Faux's Kernel
    3 versions to choose from (de-bloat, de-bloat w/ accounts, & w/ all bloat)

DarkSide ROM (by Nottach):

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1222108

Includes Faux's Kernel
    Multiple Mods available to add to ROM
    Theme incorporates many apps

HoneyComb ROM/Theme (by Seanzscreams):

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1206767

Based off of Alien ROM w/ a Honey Comb Theme. Different versions are available for different kernel choices.

iBlur ROM (by Marko!):

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1305015

Like the look of the iPhone... but hate the iPhone. Give this ROM a try then.

StarWars Rom/Theme (by Seanzscreams):

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1200214

Ying / Yang ROM (by Shady_lanem):

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1244852

Nice black/white ROM, with all the latest tweaks, mods, etc.

KERNELS

Faux's Kernel (over-clocked @ 1.45 GHz):

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1156040

*Note:
    - Froyo version, Gingerbread version & CM7 version, each w/ multiple versions avaliable; a enchanced stock kernel @ 1 GHz that allows undervolting, profiles, etc. Also a OC kernel @ 1.3 GHz & 1.45 GHz.
    - Make sure you pick the right kernel; i.e. if you are on CM7, use a CM7 kernel, if you are using a Gingerbread based ROM, use the Gingerbread kerenl.
    - The overclocked 1.45 GHz kernel may cause heat issues with your battery, thus causing random reboots... suggest undervolting.

Kholk's EternityProject Kernel (over-clocked @ 1.5 GHz):

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1153003

*Note:
    - Current build based off of Faux's kernel.
    - Kernel may cause heat issues with your battery, thus causing random reboots... suggest undervolting.

Clemsyn's Kernel (over-clocked @ 1.4 GHz):

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1354502

*Note:
    - Based off of Faux's Kernel, but includes additonal optimizations.
    - AT&T and CM7 versions available @ either 1.0 GHz or 1.4 GHz.
    - B/C of memory timings, this kernel may not work on your device (like mine), and you will not be able to fully boot. Make sure you have a backup kernel to flash incase this happens to you.

OTHER MODS & FIXES:

V6 SuperCharger Script

My Instructions Here: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=18906120&post=201

Battery Jumping Fix:
    *Note: Charge battery to 100% (overnight) & wipe battery stats in CWM (under advanced) before flashing this.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1174349

WEBTOP on 2.3.4:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1169457

Native Tethering MOD for 2.3.4 (included in the above ROMs):

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1160452

All Atrix 4G AT&T Radios:

http://www.multiupload.com/G8T8IGZF05

2.3.4 Ported Boot Animations:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1162936

OTHER HELPFUL THREADS:

How To Recover From A Soft Brick:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=966405

The Same Thing As This Thread (Posted in the Dev Section), Without All The Fluff:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=972423

Theming the Atrix 4G: tools, processes, locations, etc.:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1060199

How To Port A Theme:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1186819

How To Theme Gingerblur / Compiling & De-compiling a Framework (This is what got me started):
    XDA Thread Here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1101138&highlight=gingerblur
    How To Here: http://briefmobile.com/how-to-theme-gingerblur

List of ROOT APPS available & working on the Atrix:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1099846

A Whole Bunch of Icon Sets (for when you're ready to start customizing):
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=824656

Widget Locker Themes:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=968613&highlight=D3S-L002

How to Manually Deodex Any Atrix ROM:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1162764

Invaluable Resource:
    http://gitbrew.org/android/
    V6 SuperCharger Script Install Instructions

Here are instructions to install the V6 SuperCharger Script. I'm running out of room in the OP, so I'll link to this post. ;)

1) Download the most recent version of the script from the link below. Script/file should be "V6_SuperCharger_for_Android-update9_RCx.x.sh.pdf" (where x.x is the most recent build #).
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=18703418#post18703418

2) Place the .pdf file on your micro sd card (default sdcard in CM7).

3) Download Script Manager

4) Open Script Manager, then go to -> Menue -> More -> Advanced Options -> Config -> Select Browse As Root. Then allow super user permission when you exit out.

5) Navigate to the supercharger .pdf file you have on your device in Script Manager.

6) Select the .pdf, and then check Run as Root

7) Navigate through the menu, selecting the speed (select slow, so you can read everything).

8) Select NO when asked for system integration of "init.rc"

9) Select #9, when asked for Option 1 - 30

10) After install, I exited out of Script Manager, and then rebooted.

11) After reboot, navigate to /system/etc/init.d, and delete "99SuperCharger script"

12) Use Script Manager, and navigate to /data, and select "99SuperCharger.sh", and check Run as Root & Run at Boot. Save. Then Exit. Then Reboot.

13) After reboot and launcher loads, you should see a message "Script Manager has been granted super user permission" pop up to let you know the script loaded.

Think that's it... make sure your not stoping script manager from loading at start up with auto start or some other app, that you may have disabled it to start script manager from loading at boot.

Here is a visual guide. The steps in this post may be different than the ones above; use this for a visual reference.
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1126940

UPDATE:

V6 SuperCharger has been updated to RC5. System integration is finally working, so there is no need to run script manager at boot anymore.

What I did:

- Use current V6 script to un-charge device (option #15)
    *No need to reboot yet
    - Download new V6 RC5 Script
    http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=18703418&postcount=5021
    - Run new script with script manager (make sure to choose run as root in script manager options)
    - Choose Yes for system integration
    - I choose NO for useing old settings when it finds them
    - Choose #9 for 1000+ HP SuperCharger.
    - Choose Yes for reboot and cleanup (this will wipe you dalvik cache, so be patient on reboot)

If you had previously been using Script Manager to run your older version of V6, you may also want to:
    - After reboot, go back to Script Manager, select Menu Burton -> List
    - Select 99SuperCharger, then "delete config". This was the supercharger script you had been running at boot with script manager, on the previous supercharger version.
    - Select your older versions of SuperCharger Script, then "delete config".
    - Reboot. Script manager should no longer be running at boot; i.e. you should no longer see "Script Manager has been granted Super User Permission"
    - Re-run the V6 script and confirm everything has been loaded and is working. When prompted for a option again, if you scroll up, you should see:

"Launcher is DIE-HARD...
    SuperCharger ADJ Entires Found in local.prop!
    OOM Groupings Fixes ARE in Effect!
    Current Values MATCH Prior SuperCharge!
    Current Minfrees = 8, 16, 200, 220, 240, 275 MB"

*Note: The script/settings are now intagrated and run at boot, however, the script is set to run 90 sec after the OS boots... so give it a minute before you go testing it. :)
    Updates / Changes

UPDATES TO OP

I will post all updates to the OP here, as I am out of room in the OP, and am having to delete something everytime I want to add something else.

Update: Dec. 15, 2011

ROMS:

MIUI For the Atrix!!!! (WARNING THIS IS STILL IN APLHA PHASE - INSTALL AT YOUR OWN RISK)

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1383721

*Note: Miui is based off of CM7, but has more customizations, you can mix and match different parts of themes, etc.
    B/C this is still in early developement, there are still some features that do not work; i.e. the FP scanner, webtop, online backup, wirelss tether --- See thread OP for complete details.

More Info. on MIUI:
    http://en.miui.com/a-39.html

CM7 ICS (by evogp):

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1382934

- CM7 Based ROM
    - Faux Based Kernel
    - Ice Cream Sandwich Theme
    - Multiple Additions

KERNEL UPDATES:

Faux has released a Beta Gingerbread kernel that works with webtop! At this time only the 1.45 GHz version is available for download.
    http://rootzwiki.com/topic/1666-ker...bfqnov-20/page__st__60__p__290484#entry290484

Faux has also released a updated Beta CM7 kernel that fixes some of the gaming issues some people were having. This kerenl is also presently only available in the 1.45 GHz option.
    http://rootzwiki.com/topic/1666-ker...bfqnov-20/page__st__60__p__294183#entry294183

OTHER:

FruitCake Maker (by Samcripp):

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1382576

- Make your own fruitcakes (i.e. a flashable ROM).
    - Does not yet support CM7

Motomizer (by J.Y.Daddy):

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1391004

- Claims to supports Stock Motoblur, CM7, MIUI --- *Does Require ROOT
    - Allows user to "optimiz" system
    - Set CPU & Memory Policies
    - Modify System Settings
    - Change Themes

Update: Dec. 19, 2011

ROMS:

Neutrino ROM (by Notorious544d):

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1398819

- Based off of CM7 Nightly
    - Black/White Theme
    - MIUI Camera
    - Multiple other "tweaks" (see ROM OP)

GingerMod 2.3.6 ROM (by evogp):

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1400023

- MotoBlur Based ROM
    - Stock Kernel
    - Pre-Rooted
    - Multiple updates & hacks (see ROM OP)

KERNEL UPDATES:

Faux now has stable release for Froyo, Ginerbread & CM7 kernel; each w/ 1.45 OC, 1.3 OC & 1.0 Enhanced versions - Kernel Version 2.6.32.50
    http://rootzwiki.com/topic/1666-kernelfrgb-23456cm7263250unified-v023oc145ghzuvslqbbfqdec-17/

OTHER:

***New Recovery***
    TeamWin Recovery Project (by Dees_Troy):

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1400641

- New GUI based Recovery. No longer have to use volume rocker & power button, just touch the screen.
    - Can customize the GUI via .xml edits
    - Bug List: https://github.com/TeamWin/Team-Win-Recovery-Project/issues

Update: Jan. 7, 2012

ROMS:

CM9 Kang - Test Build (by wrldsuksgo2mars):

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1403372

- This is a unofficial port of CyanogenMod 9. Moreover, it is a Test/Alpha build and should only be used by experienced users.
    - Known problem/issues include:
    unsupported camera
    unsupported fingerprint sensor
    launcher crashes
    Google Maps crashes
    *See ROM OP for full list & details

Olympus Zues 2.3.6 (by rdannar):

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1422866

- Gingerbread 2.3.6 based, child of Bell Gobstopper ROM
    - Themed
    - Supports webtop (via Nebtop), hdmi dock hack, Droid 3 camera, etc.
    - Faux 1.3 O/C kernel

AL60R!THM (by marko!):

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1429782

- Gingerbread 2.3.6 based, child of Bell Gobstopper ROM
    - Debloated, multiple themes, Droid 3 camera, etc.
    - Faux 1.3 O/C kernel

Wet Dream (by Nottach):

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1430608

- Motoblur/Gingerbread 2.3.6 based
    - Rooted, webtop support (via Nebtop), etc.
    - Stock Motoblur Kernel

OTHER:

***Universal HDMI Webtop hack***
    Nebtop (by 400757):

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php? t=1404625

- Pretty simple, yet all so powerful. Install this app/.apk to allow & activate webtop mode with only a HDMI cable.
    - Works with Atrix, Razr & Photon 4G

Fastboot Full Wipe Script (by Alaq):

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1421261

- Running this script while in fastboot mode, and your device connected, will erase the boot, system, userdata, cache, webtop, preinstall, and reboots the phone.
    - Optional Moto-Fastboot version

Update: Feb. 12, 2012

Important Note: With so many new ROMs coming out almost on a weekly basis, I have decided to suspend ROM update info. for now. Most of you know how to search for install, etc. different ROMs, I just don't have the time to check out each one. Besides, the ROM basics as far as installation, backup, etc. are covered in the original part of this guide... which is what this guide was originally intended for.

OTHER:

I posted this in the CM7 Nightly thread, and figured it belonged here as well. These are tweaks I use with my CM7 Nightly builds.

Just thought I'd share the tweaks I use for CM7. I am currently using the latest nightly (#32), but these should work on nightly, weekly & beta.
    Thanks to Notorious544d for giving me the inspiration, as all of these tweaks & more are present in his Neutrino ROM.

Below is the process I use, when installing a new CM7 based ROM, some of this will be redundant for some of you...

1) After installing ROM, install a custom Faux Kernel:
    http://rootzwiki.com/topic/1666-kernelatrix-frgbcm7263256unified-v024oc145ghzuvslqbbfqfeb-04/
    - a) use the 1.0GHz Enhanced version for best battery life
    - b) use the 1.3GHz version as balance between battery life & performance
    - c) use the 1.45GHz version for performance

2) Under volt the above kernel with SetCPU like so:
    *Start with the higher frequencies, as they typically can not be undervolted as much as the lower frequencies.
    *Make sure that "Set on Boot" is not checked, until you have all your values set and tested, less you risk a bootloop.

- a) Download Stability Test, or other stress tester of your choice (SetCPU has a built in stress tester undER Info, but I like Stability Test better).
    - b) Set you Max & Min to the same level you want to test your undervolt for. So to start from scratch, you would set both levels to 1000/1300/1450 (depending on your kernel choice).
    - c) Go to the Voltage table, select the frequency you want to use, and start with -25mV, hit Apply. Now go do a stress test. For Stability Test, I use the CPU+GPU Test (at least for the higher frequencies) to really put a load on it. Also may want to try real world performance, like opening multiple apps, playing graphic intensive games, scrolling as fast as you can, etc.
    - d) If after a bit of testing, all is stable, go back to SetCPU and and increase the undervolt by another -25mV, and test again. If at any point you get a reboot, which you eventually will b/c you've hit your undervolt limit, you know you need to go back down a -25mV step and set it there.
    - e) Do this for each frequency in the voltage table, high to low, remembering to set both the Max & Min for the frequency step you are testing.
    - f) Keep in mind a 100 undervolt step rule applies. i.e. your current mV values (under the frequency) must all be within +/-100mV of the previous frequency above it.

3) After you have your kernel situation sorted out, I suggest you install the V6 Supercharger Script.
    *DO NOT use the most recent RC6 version, caused a soft brick on mine. Use RC5.2 instead, until a new update comes out.
    - a) The script can be found here: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=18703418&postcount=5021
    - b) You need Script Manager to install it.
    - c) When first running Script Manger, make sure to select "Browse as Root"
    - d) Navigate to where you saved the V6 script, select it, select su (root) from the top menu, then select Run.
    - e) Once the script runs, it will eventually ask you to set text scroll speed, I selected Yes for build.prop integration & Yes for system integration.
    - f) Once those option are set, and you are back at the driver console selection, select option #9 to install.
    - g) After install has finished, select Yes for reboot and dalvik cache wipe.

4) My next suggestion, is you use Autostarts, and diable many of the apps you have installed from starting in the "After Startup" section. This will greatly improve your boot time & amount of free RAM that you start with.
    *Note: I wouldn't disable any of the processes for Google Services Framework or any widgets you are currently using.

5) Build.prop edits:
    *Build.prop located @ /system
    *Make a copy of your build.prop for a backup.
    *I like to do this after I have installed the V6 script, that way the additions to the build.prop are already there.

- a) Copy your build.prop to your PC and use a editor like Notepad++ to edit.
    - b) The following changes in RED are additions to the build.prop, those in BLUE are changes and those notes in GREEN, are simply that.. notes, do not include them. This is an example from a CM7 Nightly, with V6 already installed.

Code:
    # begin build properties
    # autogenerated by buildinfo.sh
    ro.build.id=4.5.91
    ro.build.display.id=GWK74
    ro.build.version.incremental=eng.rmcc.20120212.024936
    ro.build.version.sdk=10
    ro.build.version.codename=REL
    ro.build.version.release=2.3.7
    ro.build.date=Sun Feb 12 02:49:52 UTC 2012
    ro.build.date.utc=0
    ro.build.type=user
    ro.build.user=rmcc
    ro.build.host=RMCC-TESTING
    ro.build.tags=test-keys
    ro.product.model=MB860
    ro.product.brand=MOTO
    ro.product.name=olyatt
    ro.product.device=olympus
    ro.product.board=olympus
    ro.product.cpu.abi=armeabi-v7a
    ro.product.cpu.abi2=armeabi
    ro.product.manufacturer=Motorola
    ro.product.locale.language=en
    ro.product.locale.region=US
    ro.wifi.channels=
    ro.board.platform=tegra
    # ro.build.product is obsolete; use ro.product.device
    ro.build.product=olympus
    # Do not try to parse ro.build.description or .fingerprint
    ro.build.description=olympus-user 2.3.4 4.5.91 110625 release-keys
    ro.build.fingerprint=MOTO/olyatt/olympus:2.3.4/4.5.91/110625:user/release-keys
    ro.cm.device=olympus
    # end build properties
    #
    # system.prop for olympus
    #
    ro.sf.lcd_density=240
    [COLOR="RED"][B]dalvik.vm.heapstartsize=8m
    dalvik.vm.heapgrowthlimit=32m[/B][/COLOR]
    dalvik.vm.heapsize=[COLOR="BLUE"][B]128m[/B][/COLOR]

#RIL
    ro.telephony.ril_class=mototegra
    rild.libpath=/system/lib/libmoto_ril.so
    persist.ril.mux.noofchannels=9
    persist.ril.mux.ttydevice=/dev/ttyHS3
    ro.telephony.call_ring.multiple=false
    ro.telephony.call_ring.delay=500
    persist.ril.modem.ttydevice=/dev/ttySPI0
    persist.ril.modem.mode=2
    persist.ril.features=0x24
    persist.ril.mux.retries=500
    persist.ril.mux.sleep=2
    ro.kernel.android.ril=yes
    persist.ril.pppd.start.fail.max=16
    mobiledata.interfaces=ppp0
    ro.ril.ntmodeglobal=true

#Define TCP buffer sizes for various networks
    #ReadMin, ReadInitial, ReadMax, WriteMin, WriteInitial, WriteMax,
    net.tcp.buffersize.default=131072,262144,524288,4096,16384,147456
    net.tcp.buffersize.wifi=131072,262144,524288,4096,16384,147456
    net.tcp.buffersize.hspa=131072,262144,524288,4096,16384,147456
    net.tcp.buffersize.umts=131072,262144,524288,4096,16384,147456
    net.tcp.buffersize.edge=16384,32768,65536,4096,16384,32768
    net.tcp.buffersize.gprs=4096,8192,12288,4096,8192,12288

# Default network type.
    # 0 -> WCDMA/3G preferred
    ro.telephony.default_network=0

# Mount the internal SD card, too
    ro.additionalmounts=/mnt/emmc

#special moto usb handling
    ro.usb.use_custom_service=1

# Time between scans in seconds. Keep it high to minimize battery drain.
    # This only affects the case in which there are remembered access points,
    # but none are in range.
    wifi.supplicant_scan_interval=[COLOR="BLUE"][B]60[/B][/COLOR]  [COLOR="LIME"]<---- or 120 if you perfer a long interval time[/B][/COLOR]

# To set wifi (AP) driver's firmware path
    ro.wifi-ap.fw-path=/system/etc/wl/sdio-g-cdc-roml-reclaim-wme-apsta-idauth-minioctl.bin

ro.bt.bdaddr_path=/pds/bt/bt_bdaddr

# use 1% battery steps
    ro.product.use_charge_counter=1

#OpenGL ES version
    ro.opengles.version = 131072

# Forbid format of these partitions in mount menu :
    ro.cwm.forbid_format=/misc,/radio,/pds,/bootloader,/recovery,/efs

# Battery light while charging, enabled by default
    ro.battery_light=true

# Allow people to exchange sdcard and emmc mountpoints from CMParts
    ro.vold.switchablepair=/mnt/sdcard,/mnt/emmc

# Tegra debugging
    persist.tegra.nvlog.level=4
    #persist.tegra.nvlog.14.level=5

# DRM
    persist.tegra.drmlib.asfdrm=libnvdrm.so
    Drmdll.asfdrm=libnvdrm.so

# Set locale to English US by default
    ro.product.locale.language=en
    ro.product.locale.region=US

# Enable detailed GC data and SMP dexopt
    dalvik.vm.dexopt-flags=m=y,u=n

[COLOR="RED"][B]# Bravia Engine
    ro.service.swiqi.supported=true
    persist.service.swiqi.enable=1[/B][/COLOR]  [COLOR="LIME"]<---- Only use this if you're going to add the additonal addons from .zip below. [/COLOR]

#
    # ADDITIONAL_BUILD_PROPERTIES
    #
    keyguard.no_require_sim=true
    ro.rommanager.developerid=cyanogenmodnightly
    ro.url.legal=http://www.google.com/intl/%s/mobile/android/basic/phone-legal.html
    ro.url.legal.android_privacy=http://www.google.com/intl/%s/mobile/android/basic/privacy.html
    ro.com.google.clientidbase=android-google
    ro.com.android.wifi-watchlist=GoogleGuest
    ro.setupwizard.enterprise_mode=1
    ro.com.android.dateformat=MM-dd-yyyy
    ro.com.android.dataroaming=false
    ro.config.ringtone=Playa.ogg
    ro.config.notification_sound=regulus.ogg
    ro.config.alarm_alert=Alarm_Beep_03.ogg
    persist.sys.themeId=Cyanbread
    persist.sys.themePackageName=com.tmobile.theme.Cyanbread
    ro.modversion=CyanogenMod-7-02122012-NIGHTLY-Olympus
    ro.setupwizard.mode=OPTIONAL
    net.bt.name=Android
    dalvik.vm.stack-trace-file=/data/anr/traces.txt

[COLOR="RED"][B]# Tweaks
    # Touch response tweaks
    Debug.performance.tuning=1
    video.accelerate.hw=1
    windowsmgr.max_events_per_sec=70

# Battery tweaks
    ro.ril.disable.power.collapse=0
    pm.sleep_mode=1

# Dialing out Fixes
    ro.lge.proximity.delay=25
    mot.proximity.delay=25
    ro.telephony.call_ring.delay=0
    # End Tweaks[/B][/COLOR]

# V6 SuperCharger, OOM Grouping & Priority Fixes created by zeppelinrox.
    #
    # DO NOT DELETE COMMENTS. DELETING COMMENTS WILL BREAK UNINSTALL ROUTINE!
    #
    # BEGIN OOM_MEM_Settings
    ro.FOREGROUND_APP_MEM=2048
    ro.VISIBLE_APP_MEM=4096
    ro.PERCEPTIBLE_APP_MEM=1024
    ro.HEAVY_WEIGHT_APP_MEM=51200
    ro.SECONDARY_SERVER_MEM=51200
    ro.BACKUP_APP_MEM=56320
    ro.HOME_APP_MEM=1024
    ro.HIDDEN_APP_MEM=56320
    ro.EMPTY_APP_MEM=70400
    # END OOM_MEM_Settings
    # BEGIN OOM_ADJ_Settings
    ro.FOREGROUND_APP_ADJ=0
    ro.VISIBLE_APP_ADJ=4
    ro.PERCEPTIBLE_APP_ADJ=2
    ro.HEAVY_WEIGHT_APP_ADJ=5
    ro.SECONDARY_SERVER_ADJ=7
    ro.BACKUP_APP_ADJ=6
    ro.HOME_APP_ADJ=1
    ro.HIDDEN_APP_MIN_ADJ=12
    ro.EMPTY_APP_ADJ=15
    # END OOM_ADJ_Settings
    # Miscellaneous Tweaks!
    persist.sys.purgeable_assets=1
    wifi.supplicant_scan_interval=180
    windowsmgr.max_events_per_sec=200
    pm.sleep_mode=1
    # 3G TurboCharger Enhancment!
    net.tcp.buffersize.default=6144,87380,1048576,6144,87380,1048576
    net.tcp.buffersize.wifi=87380,1048576,2097152,87380,1048576,2097152
    net.tcp.buffersize.lte=87380,524288,1048576,87380,524288,1048576
    net.tcp.buffersize.hsdpa=6144,87380,1048576,6144,87380,1048576
    net.tcp.buffersize.evdo_b=6144,87380,1048576,6144,87380,1048576
    net.tcp.buffersize.umts=6144,87380,1048576,6144,87380,1048576
    net.tcp.buffersize.gprs=6144,87380,1048576,6144,87380,1048576
    net.tcp.buffersize.edge=6144,87380,524288,6144,16384,262144
    net.tcp.buffersize.hspa=6144,87380,524288,6144,16384,262144
    # End of V6 SuperCharged Entries.

6) Add-ons, & Tweaks
    *The attached flashable .zip contains the fllowing:
    *See Neutrino ROM OP for more explanation.
    - MIUI Camera (might want to freeze your stock CM7 camera w/ Tibackup)
    - DarkyROM's fast zipalignment
    - Bravia Engine
    - Ext4 w/o journaling
    - U.S.A. GPS Mod (if you are not in the U.S. delete gps.conf from /system/etc in the .zip & see Neutrino ROM OP for other countries)
    - Mounting Tweak

REMEMBER TO MAKE A RECOVERY BACKUP FIRST BEFORE ATTEMPTING ANY OF THE ABOVE, JUST IN CASE!!!!
    CyaogenMod Install Guide

How to install CyaogenMod on your Device:

***Warning***

You will be wiping your device, so make sure you have your contacts, apps, etc. backed up.
    Also, make sure you read all these instructions first and have everything you will need, and know how to complete all the steps below before starting.

1) Make sure your bootloader is unlocked. If you don't know if your bootloader is unlocked, then it most likly isn't.

2) Backup your apps with Titanium Backup or other app of your choosing.

3) Download the current beta build of CM7.1, released by the Atrix Dev team, from the OP here:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1257574
    *make sure it's somewhere you'll be able to find on your device
    or
    The current nightly build from here (see OP for difference):
    http://download.cyanogenmod.com/?device=olympus

4) Download the Google Apps.zip from here (put it the same place you put the CM7.zip):
    http://wiki.cyanogenmod.com/wiki/Gapps#Google_Apps

5) Make sure you are running the most recent version of either Rom Racer's CWM Recovery found here:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1204500
    *Older versions may cause installation/boot loop problems.
    or
    ROM Manager's CWM REcovery from the market. - if your using this version of CWM, make sure the .zips you downloaded are in the root of the /sdcard (internal).

6) Boot into fastboot mode (we are going to ensure that you wipe everything before installing)
    - Upon boot press the power button & Volume Down, until you see Fastboot. Press Volume Up to enter fastboot protocol support.
    - Plug your device to your pc.
    - Go to your fastboot folder (where your fasboot files are) on your pc, and enter command prompt (Shift + Right Click, Open Command Window Here).
    - Enter the Command: fastboot -w
    - This will wipe your device... shouldn't take but a few seconds.
    - Enter the reboot command: fastboot reboot

7) Upon reboot, you need to enter recovery mode, so be ready to after the fastboot reboot command to press Power and volume down, then volume down until you see Recovery, then Volume up to enter.

8) Once in recovery do the following in this order:
    a) Wipe data/factory reset
    b) Wipe Cache Partition
    c) Wipe Dalvik Cache (under advanced)
    d) Install zip from sdcard, choose zip from sdcard, choose the CM7.zip you downloaded, and yes to install.
    e) Once installation is finished, go back to the main menue.
    f) Wipe Cache Partiton
    G) Wipe Dalvik Cache
    H) Install zip from sdcard, choose zip from sdcard, choose the Google Apps.zip you downloaded, and yes to install.
    I) Reboot... This will take a bit, the first time.
    *If you can not get past the boot screen, then what did you do wrong? - Did you wipe everything? Are you using the most recent version of CWM Recovery? Is your bootloader unlocked?

8) Upon reboot, you should be prompted to enter your google id, for market access and the like. If any of the regaulr Google apps aren't installed like maps, voice control, etc. just download them from the market.

9) Notice that your internal sdcard has now changed to /mnt/emmc and your external sdcard has changed to /mnt/sdcard.
    To switch to internal storage, so everything isn't stored on your micro SD card, go to Settings -> CyanogenMod Settings -> Application -> Use Internal Storage. (This will effectively switch the two locations above)

10) If you are restoring apps with Titanium Backup, make sure that you do not restore any system data. App data is ok, for the most part, but NOT SYSTEM DATA.

*Note:
    - You will also most likley want to check out other keyboards from the market, as the standard keboard that comes with CM7 is for devices with smaller screen size.
    - I suggest you explore all the additional setting under CyanogenMod Settings.
    In case anyone, like me, was a little confused by the mountains of info in this thread, and elsewhere on this site, suffice to say that the instructions on wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/Install_CM_for_olympus work well.

It's a little frightening (for a noob, at least!) to read through page after page of forum posts saying "This will only work on version x, otherwise you brick your phone". The posts were accurate when they were written, of course, but things have changed a lot. It was rather difficult to find out whether these instructions would work with a 4.5.145 firmware from AT&T, for example. It turns out that the older instructions might have trouble, but the most recent set (including the link above) are fine.

Thanks to all the developers and forum posters for all the work - as someone new to the whole android world, it's inspiring to see how quickly things are moving, and how well independent coders can work around the roadblocks set up by the likes of AT&T! I'm happily using CM7.2 now, and looking forward to getting onto CM9 and 10 as soon as they're ready!