Atrix RADIOS

Search This thread

SirFork

Mar 15, 2011
can confirm wifi being on more quickly when waking the phone on N_01.77.36P. Have noticed once upon wake where it had absolutely no cellular connectivity or WiFi and took a few seconds to kick back in. May have just been a fluke though, will see if it persists.

Pistolaobr

May 16, 2011
Araxá
Please, Im new to this CWM Method, Im trying to install the radio 1.77.3X on my atrix, Can some one put a step by step guide one how can I install it.

What I did was:
Turn on my atrix with volume_down button pressed, than I select recoverymode, from there I choose the option Install update.zip from SDCARD, With the radio.zip on my ROOT/SDCARD-EXT, but it says the file is not signed...

So how I can install this radio 1.77.3X on my bell, rooted, brasilian atrix? Thanks

ghost_og

Sep 7, 2011
Chula Vista, CA
Please, Im new to this CWM Method, Im trying to install the radio 1.77.3X on my atrix, Can some one put a step by step guide one how can I install it.

What I did was:
Turn on my atrix with volume_down button pressed, than I select recoverymode, from there I choose the option Install update.zip from SDCARD, With the radio.zip on my ROOT/SDCARD-EXT, but it says the file is not signed...

So how I can install this radio 1.77.3X on my bell, rooted, brasilian atrix? Thanks

Select "Install zip from sd card" instead. Depending on your CWM version, you should then be shown a new menu. Select "Install zip from external SD card" if that's where you saved your radio to. From there you should be shown a list of your external SD card directory. Scroll down to your radio .zip (assuming it's in the root of the directory) and select it. You should be taken to one more screen that says something like "Verify - Yes, install zip from sd card". Confirm and it should start the install process.

The "Install update.zip" is looking for a file named update.zip on the root of your internal SD. If I'm not mistaken that is usually what the OTA udpates are named, which is why you were probably seeing the message about it not being signed.

*Edit* I also wanted to clarify that the above steps were just to get you on the right path to installing your .zip file. Make sure to follow any installation instructions that may require wiping /Cache or Dalvik (before or after flashing the radio). If not, you may also run into problems.

Last edited:

The.Opethian

Nov 9, 2008
London
www.opethian.com
Thanks for a very informative thread. Some (noobish) questions though:

1. I'm in the UK, just had CM7 installed on my Atrix. Which radio is newer, the one listed here, the CM7 one, or both?

2. Would it be safe & possible to update the radio, even while on CM7? I'm assuming it's a yes, but just making sure.

The reason being that I've found my device to be really power hungry, and will usually disconnect from the network (go ROAMING) when I'm at some key locations, work and home LOL (very good while travelling though).

Thanks in advance to those who can answer my queries!

Pistolaobr

May 16, 2011
Araxá
Select "Install zip from sd card" instead. Depending on your CWM version, you should then be shown a new menu. Select "Install zip from external SD card" if that's where you saved your radio to. From there you should be shown a list of your external SD card directory. Scroll down to your radio .zip (assuming it's in the root of the directory) and select it. You should be taken to one more screen that says something like "Verify - Yes, install zip from sd card". Confirm and it should start the install process.

The "Install update.zip" is looking for a file named update.zip on the root of your internal SD. If I'm not mistaken that is usually what the OTA udpates are named, which is why you were probably seeing the message about it not being signed.

*Edit* I also wanted to clarify that the above steps were just to get you on the right path to installing your .zip file. Make sure to follow any installation instructions that may require wiping /Cache or Dalvik (before or after flashing the radio). If not, you may also run into problems.

Yeah but, on my Android Recovery menu there are only 4 option:
1. Reboot system now
2. Apply SDcard:Update.zip
3. Wipe data/favtory reset
4. Wipe Cache partition

So what should I do

ghost_og

Sep 7, 2011
Chula Vista, CA
Yeah but, on my Android Recovery menu there are only 4 option:
1. Reboot system now
2. Apply SDcard:Update.zip
3. Wipe data/favtory reset
4. Wipe Cache partition

So what should I do

Not sure which recovery you have, but sounds like it's time to upgrade to romracer's. :) It's the one I use; it's very reliable and has a few extra features tailored to our device.

Once you get that one flashed over (make sure to follow all instructions, there are key steps in Post#2 in his thread), you should have a longer list of options on your recovery screen.

*Edit* Even easier, these are the special instructions from post#2:
The system runs /system/etc/install-recovery.sh on boot with the stock rom. On boot it checks the recovery partition for some update and with CWM installed decides to reflash the stock recovery over it. Rename or delete the file and the CWM should stick.

I would rename/delete this file before flashing romracer's recovery. Less likely that you'll run into problems that way.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pistolaobr

Werbs

Apr 25, 2011
for those on att and have tried some of these radios, which do you think has the best combo of battery life/cell+wifi reception?

v.k

Oct 23, 2011
for those on att and have tried some of these radios, which do you think has the best combo of battery life/cell+wifi reception?
I've mentioned it in some other topic, I have an AT&T phone and the best radio for me is 100 australian. Reception is fine, and the battery life is really awesome! My phone consumes only 3-4% overnight with data enbaled in 2G only mode.

tehrules

May 4, 2011
Hi, will any of these radios allow me to use UMTS/3G on 900mhz?

If so which is the best to flash?

I have rooted ATT atrix only.

Pistolaobr

May 16, 2011
Araxá
Finally. Thanks for everyone, just flashed the 1.77.36, the download and upload speed on 3g and wifi are amazing, now lets find out how much the battery can last...

Ciloteille

Nov 30, 2010
Portland
Hi, will any of these radios allow me to use UMTS/3G on 900mhz?

If so which is the best to flash?

I have rooted ATT atrix only.

2G Network GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
3G Network HSDPA 850 / 1900 / 2100
so... no sorry

---------- Post added at 09:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:44 PM ----------

Sticky 10char

Top Liked Posts