Heads up: Cheap OEM (TMO-US) Accessories

Search This thread

eroslws

Dec 18, 2010
So I wanted to find a cheap car upgrade kit that was OEM but there didn't seem to be anything outside of $60 even on eBay. Then I stumbled on http://www.all4cellular.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=htc+sensation&cat=&x=0&y=0 after some random Google searching. Looked sorta shady at first but I placed an order for the OEM CUK and lo and behold, a couple days later, I got a genuine kit with an HTC box (with the $60 price tag!) for under 20 bucks. I noticed they have the OEM dock for cheap, as well as some other OEM related goodies.

Not sure if they ship internationally for you fine folks across the border/water. I can post pics when I get home from the library tonight if you guys want. Also, I checked seller ratings and the site seems reliable enough. I just wish this kit could be reassigned to open up a different app than HTC Nav :mad:

Sorry if this is a repost, I tried searching. If not, enjoy!

Last edited:

rickvnl

Sep 2, 2008
Unfortunately shipping to The Netherlands costs around 30 euros :'(

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio using Tapatalk

pakraider

May 12, 2010
I just wish this kit could be reassigned to open up a different app than HTC Nav :mad:

It sure can. :)

1) Remove the Htc Laputa and Location related apk's from /system/app (but do not delete the HtcLocationService!)

2) Remove the DockMode.apk, and replace it with a DockMode.apk from a T-MO RUU (or T-MO based rom)

3) Install the HtcCarPanel.apk

Done. :) Now when you dock, it will launch the lovely HTC Car Dock.

I know details are sketchy, but I can put up the necessary files if need be tomorrow.

eroslws

Dec 18, 2010
It sure can. :)

1) Remove the Htc Laputa and Location related apk's from /system/app (but do not delete the HtcLocationService!)

2) Remove the DockMode.apk, and replace it with a DockMode.apk from a T-MO RUU (or T-MO based rom)

3) Install the HtcCarPanel.apk

Done. :) Now when you dock, it will launch the lovely HTC Car Dock.

I know details are sketchy, but I can put up the necessary files if need be tomorrow.

Tried this but I maybe I didn't have the right files. HCP.apk wouldn't open after it was installed. Do I have to delete Laputa and Location or can I just freeze them?

nichos

Sep 30, 2010
Whoohoo - finally was able to afford the HTC car dock. Hopefully it comes, like the OP said, the reviews for the site are good, I also used paypal to check out so they didn't get my CC info.

Also use this coupon code for 5% off: a4c6a7

nichos

Sep 30, 2010
I wanted to update, I ordered the HTC car dock from these guys and received an incorrect item (they sent me a bluetooth headset, worth more on their site). I thought "oh great, I just got scammed."

I emailed them and the quickly responded with a new tracking number and paid return shipping for the bluetooth headset.

Anyway, if anyone is worried about ordering from these guys I can say, in my case, that they were very responsive. It sucks they had the mix up, but they did what they could to make it right (they even cross shipped, newegg doesn't even do that!).

And the OEM car dock is just what I was looking for. It's still not worth $60, but for $20 it's a steal.

Reactions: I7oobie

xdviper

Jan 5, 2009
Thanks for this dude, only wish they had the white battery cover for the sensation for $25 plus the 10% coupon? I would have brought it in a heartbeat.

808HD2

Apr 8, 2010
I ordered from them and just got my order.. ordered desk dock and car dock all good/legit for the price I'm happy with it...

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio Z715e using xda premium

Last edited:

talon111

Feb 10, 2007
Ordered the car dock.. I have been wanting one of these ever since I got the S4G in June. $19.05 total after discount.

I hope it is robust as the car dock that I used with N1.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So I wanted to find a cheap car upgrade kit that was OEM but there didn't seem to be anything outside of $60 even on eBay. Then I stumbled on http://www.all4cellular.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=htc+sensation&cat=&x=0&y=0 after some random Google searching. Looked sorta shady at first but I placed an order for the OEM CUK and lo and behold, a couple days later, I got a genuine kit with an HTC box (with the $60 price tag!) for under 20 bucks. I noticed they have the OEM dock for cheap, as well as some other OEM related goodies.

Not sure if they ship internationally for you fine folks across the border/water. I can post pics when I get home from the library tonight if you guys want. Also, I checked seller ratings and the site seems reliable enough. I just wish this kit could be reassigned to open up a different app than HTC Nav :mad:

Sorry if this is a repost, I tried searching. If not, enjoy!
    I wanted to update, I ordered the HTC car dock from these guys and received an incorrect item (they sent me a bluetooth headset, worth more on their site). I thought "oh great, I just got scammed."

I emailed them and the quickly responded with a new tracking number and paid return shipping for the bluetooth headset.

Anyway, if anyone is worried about ordering from these guys I can say, in my case, that they were very responsive. It sucks they had the mix up, but they did what they could to make it right (they even cross shipped, newegg doesn't even do that!).

And the OEM car dock is just what I was looking for. It's still not worth $60, but for $20 it's a steal.
    Thank you! Just bought the dock!!

FYI Coupon code above didn't work. Try CABIN5 til 12/31/11 for 5% off. :D
    And that worked as well! Thanks once again!

FYI Coupon code above didn't work. Try CABIN5 til 12/31/11 for 5% off. :D
    Anyone knows how long do they take process and ship an order?
    ordered mine on the 22nd and received on the 27th (because of the postal holiday)