[ROM][IML74K] ICZen rc1.4 - Royale with Cheese - 3-24-12 [Deficient Development]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

cheesyFbaby

Dec 8, 2010
ill look into it thanks
Cheesy I injected all the necessary GPS files from the passion v9 zip and flashed this rom. The GPS icon will flash up but it doesn't actually lock even with right GPS files which leads me to believe the GPS is definitely a kernel issue since it works fine with Glitch v14b3 and Nelson's ICS kernels. Theoretically you could flash the ICS Passion v9 GPS files zip and then Glitch v14b3 and GPS should lock fine until the first deep sleep and then you will have to reboot. I consider GPS that won't turn on after deep sleep to be non functional GPS therefore I have switched to this from for the extra tweaks and it seems a little zippier then ICS Passion which is saying a lot!

Sent from my SGH-T959 using XDA App

ndwgs

Oct 8, 2010
Everywhere
Dooooood!

Holy Cr@P!

*...starts to hump his Vibrant*

Dang, I'm doing tests on Nex S right now, so I'll have to flash this later on my good ol' Vibes! I'll have to play with this for awhile after I'm done. Is this your daily driver for the Vibe? Dang, the comeback of the Vibrant.

Btw, since you mentioned in the OP that the WiFi Tether might or might not work, does the USB Tether work then? Or no? You never mentioned it.

Besides the fact you're a Giants fan... I'm yer fan. HAHA

Go Niners!... (next year!)

---------- Post added at 10:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:31 PM ----------

Cheesy I injected all the necessary GPS files from the passion v9 zip and flashed this rom. The GPS icon will flash up but it doesn't actually lock even with right GPS files which leads me to believe the GPS is definitely a kernel issue since it works fine with Glitch v14b3 and Nelson's ICS kernels. Theoretically you could flash the ICS Passion v9 GPS files zip and then Glitch v14b3 and GPS should lock fine until the first deep sleep and then you will have to reboot. I consider GPS that won't turn on after deep sleep to be non functional GPS therefore I have switched to this from for the extra tweaks and it seems a little zippier then ICS Passion which is saying a lot!

:confused:

Have you actually tried this? I'll have to test this as well. Thanks for that.

I thought all you need is the Passion V9 GPS files to get majority of the ICS for the Vibrant to work?

I'll report after about a week about this.

:D

Dougfresh

Jan 15, 2011
Treasure Island beach, FL
Very nice indeed took the plunge two hours ago.I've been running my own kang of this from the i9000 for a couple days already. There's a mod also that I tailored also from the 9k, it mods pretty much all the essential apps to jet black and blue and notifications, toggles, and all left over gingerbread yellows, most greys are all black(awesome) and flying animations.
I prefer it with no flying animation so I'll post in a few the revert to stock animation.:D
Here's the Bacon: http://db.tt/1DvOitbu
I'm back revert to stock animation: http://db.tt/jrEjWFsD
BTW these are all flashable!!!
EDIT!
It has a built in 9000 kernel( 1st db link) so have a kernel ready to flash AFTER the MOD

Last edited:
Reactions: Br1cK'd and ndwgs

BoomBoomPOW

Dec 16, 2009
Uranus
Rom control>functionality>power saver enabled>advanced settings>screen off wifi action>turn wifi off: results in wifi icon inactivity

Just me?

Other than that, this is a *****in build! XD

mr_psycho

Jan 14, 2011
Dog House
There you go again. Makin' life hard for me and the mods.

Which Gapps did you include/invert?

I'll give this a try in the morning. I gotta sleep now.

And if you ever decide to go green, you should call it Green Tea Ice Cream. :D

Good work, B!

MP

Br1cK'd

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 23, 2010
Colorado
Very nice indeed took the plunge two hours ago.I've been running my own kang of this from the i9000 for a couple days already. There's a mod also that I tailored also from the 9k, it mods pretty much all the essential apps to jet black and blue and notifications, toggles, and all left over gingerbread yellows, most greys are all black(awesome) and flying animations.
I prefer it with no flying animation so I'll post in a few the revert to stock animation.:D
Here's the Bacon: http://db.tt/1DvOitbu
I'm back revert to stock animation: http://db.tt/jrEjWFsD
BTW these are all flashable!!!
EDIT!
It has a built in 9000 kernel( 1st db link) so have a kernel ready to flash AFTER the MOD

Thanks, but if this changes the framework, it will most likely break external mounting, unless you blended that fix into the apk or used the one coming with ICZen as a base. I haven't looked at the zip yet but from what you described, it probably does contain framework-res.

Edit - I am going to source some of the images from that for my own framework here, get rid of some of that remaining orange.

Edit 2 - Yeah it does contain the framework, from beta 1.2 it looks like? If you are so inclined, you should rebuild it with this framework-res as a source so it will include the entries for the mounting fix.

Sent from my ICS'd Vibrant, melting all over XDA Premium

Last edited:

Br1cK'd

Sep 23, 2010
Colorado
There you go again. Makin' life hard for me and the mods.

Which Gapps did you include/invert?

I'll give this a try in the morning. I gotta sleep now.

And if you ever decide to go green, you should call it Green Tea Ice Cream. :D

Good work, B!

MP

Ty ty, Its a blend of apps I've collected as I've gone, not a specific gapps package.

Br1cK'd

Sep 23, 2010
Colorado
Ntw, since you mentioned in the OP that the WiFi Tether might or might not work, does the USB Tether work then? Or no?

Yes it is my driver, and no I dont think usb tethering is functional, but I havent tested it.

Br1cK'd

Sep 23, 2010
Colorado
Rom control>functionality>power saver enabled>advanced settings>screen off wifi action>turn wifi off: results in wifi icon inactivity

Just me?

Other than that, this is a *****in build! XD

Are you stating that inactivity happens when the screen is on? I toggled that setting, but haven't had wifi turn off when the screen is on, and I am staying connected.

Anyone else test this as well?

Reactions: Dougfresh

Br1cK'd

Sep 23, 2010
Colorado

You're joking right?

If not, read the dang OP, please.

You ever gonna bring back awesome green zen theme? :D

Thats the only thing missing. :)

I actually already have a bunch of icons I made on my first ICS beta a couple months ago. I need to find some time to do some 9png theming to complete it. So thats the goal, but an ETA is well off in the future. I think I want to try my hand at compiling from source first, then worry about the icing. :D

Last edited:
Reactions: Dougfresh

rhay

Nov 22, 2010
Detroit
You're joking right?

If not, read the dang OP, please.

I actually already have a bunch of icons I made on my first ICS beta a couple months ago. I need to find some time to do some 9png theming to complete it. So thats the goal, but an ETA is well off in the future. I think I want to try my hand at compiling from source first, then worry about the icing. :D

I did not see that. ops.

Br1cK'd

Sep 23, 2010
Colorado
Reactions: rhay
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have a dream, that one day my fellow brethren will be noticed and respected for their contributions.

I have a dream, that actual contributors to the community will garner a bit more respect from the mods of their respective forums.

I have a dream, that not only the community and the developers live together in harmony, but that mods (in other forums) aren't going to be total micro managing assholes going on a power trip.

I have a dream.

Oka1, you are ****ing great man, the best! But some of your fellow mods are really getting to be jackasses, and having driven one of my good friends and newly formed team mates away, I am going to follow suit.

I'm taking all my **** down from XDA, and moving to Greener Pastures.

Please, join us.
    I Have A Dream

I have a dream, that one day my fellow brethren will be noticed and respected for their contributions.

I have a dream, that actual contributors to the community will garner a bit more respect from the mods of their respective forums.

I have a dream, that not only the community and the developers live together in harmony, but that mods (in other forums) aren't going to be total micro managing assholes going on a power trip.

I have a dream.

Oka1, you are ****ing great man, the best! But some of your fellow mods are really getting to be jackasses, and having driven one of my good friends and newly formed team mates away, I am going to follow suit.

I'm taking all my **** down from XDA, and moving to Greener Pastures.

Come join us.
    Moved 10char
    OP Updated

rc1.3

-Updated to AOKP Milestone4 vibrantmtd base: http://forum.aokp.co/
    -subZero Kernel, build5 by mr_psycho: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=23339985&postcount=1440
    -Updated Market to the Play Store
    -Replaced Superuser with SuperSU
    SubZero -- the first thing I thought of was that Arnold Schwarzenegger bomb "The Running Man". That was like the Mr. Freeze dude he had to open up a can on.

I still like it though.

Way to bring me down, dude! lol

Mr. Freeze is one of his worst roles. lol

MP

---------- Post added at 12:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:32 PM ----------

Okay, folks. Just unloaded from the docks. Fresh kernel crack.

subZero v1.0 "Fatality" Build #5

Basically the same as my "unofficial" Devil v14.2 kernel. BFS, SIO/Conservative by default. Many tweaks since then, though. I'll probably make separate thread for it all.

New in this release:
    - New name. New bootsplash.
    - BLX v1 (Battery Life eXtender)
    - Fully functional CWM v5.5.0.4 with working ADB, USB, and Nandroid.

* Still no DeepIdle. I'm not convinced DeepIdle does anything for conserving battery, and may be the cause of the lockscreen issues (unresponsive, freezing, or death).

** GPS is still touch-n-go. It may work for you. It may work coming out of deep sleep for you. Or it may just be problematic, and require reboots, and other GPS tweaking.

Anyway, here it is.

Let me know if you find any bugs. I personally haven't experienced any crashing, but that doesn't mean it won't/can't crash. No kernel is perfect.

Enjoy.

MP