Wireless Charging

Search This thread

LakerStar25

Jan 25, 2011
LA
The energerizers charger has gotten horrible reviews

Sent from my beastly powered viper DNA using Tapatalk 2

I have the energizer one and it works great absolutely no problems and seems like it charges fast. I like that it has dual charging zones so I don't have to worry were I set it.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

need46peed

Mar 13, 2013
Thank for sharing.. start to thinking abou where that think located in my area

"HTC Minded"
Droid DNA
Powered by Smartfren Indonesia

kancherlapraneeth

Nov 9, 2009
DFW
Hello guys

I am checking out alternatives and may i know which is the best wireless charger that works with DNA based on your usage and experience/

rossvtaylor

Dec 9, 2008
Hello guys

I am checking out alternatives and may i know which is the best wireless charger that works with DNA based on your usage and experience/

Having not tried them all, by any means, I can't say which is "best". But I did try a couple. I found a non-QI-compatible charger at a local Goodwill store and modified it with tin foil to work. It did work, but not through phone covers and it did warm the phone significantly - so I only used it a bit to try it out.

The LG pad, which they sell at the Verizon stores, works well with every case I've got (a Ballistic, a Diztronic, and the shiny plastic Verizon cover). The only thing I didn't like was the beeping, but that's easy to remedy by following speaker disconnect instructions found here on XDA. My favorite is the Google Nexus 4 charger, which I just got last week. It works great and holds the phone at an angle, in either portrait or landscape mode.

jasoraso

May 24, 2007
Salt Lake City, UT
Hello guys

I have the Nokia DT-900 that VZW sells (I get a discount on accessories). It has worked great for me.

I was wanting a titled charger (like the Nexus 4 charger), but didn't want to pony up the $60 for the Nexus or for the Nokia that is tilted, especially when I already had the Nokia that cost me almost half of that. So I took a rock that had in my office (paperweight) and glued a on a sticky rubber pad that I got at a dollar store. Now I have a titlted charger :)

IMG_20130319_173042%20%28Small%29.jpg

IMG_20130319_173021%20%28Small%29.jpg

IMG_20130319_173355%20%28Small%29.jpg

Jaggar345

May 24, 2012
Amston
I have the Nokia DT-900 that VZW sells (I get a discount on accessories). It has worked great for me.

I was wanting a titled charger (like the Nexus 4 charger), but didn't want to pony up the $60 for the Nexus or for the Nokia that is tilted, especially when I already had the Nokia that cost me almost half of that. So I took a rock that had in my office (paperweight) and glued a on a sticky rubber pad that I got at a dollar store. Now I have a titlted charger :)

IMG_20130319_173042%20%28Small%29.jpg

IMG_20130319_173021%20%28Small%29.jpg

IMG_20130319_173355%20%28Small%29.jpg

I like the rock :D

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using xda app-developers app

Largo Usagi

Apr 17, 2013
Any one have a recomendation for a Qi charger to use in my car, would have to be about the same size as the phone, but more importantly thin.

Dark_Stang

Jun 13, 2013
I picked up a generic QI charger from amazon this week. I've only used it a few times but so far it's been decent. The phone does get warm when it's charging (maybe 90F) but based on what I've read that seems to be normal. It doesn't seem to charge quite as fast as the cable does, but I only charge my phone overnight so it doesn't really bother me.

I'll post a follow up after I've owned it for a few more weeks.

I tried to post a link for it, but I don't have enough posts. If you search Amazon for "PowerQI QI Standard Wireless Charger Pad Mat" you'll see it. It's just a basic QI charger.

Johnsonl1596

Jun 22, 2013
Mt. Juliet
I got the an LG one from Verizon, and i burned my thumb on it. Its not the best charger especially if you have small children within reach of it.

andino

May 13, 2010
Socal
I picked up the Nokia one two days ago. My phone got really hot the first time I used it but now its doesn't get hot at all. I did switch from the Stock rom to NOS though. Not sure how that could attribute to it getting super hot.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Car Dock with Qi charging for DNA...

All, we here at iBOLT have been testing a new and soon-to-be announced car-dock with integrated Qi charging designed for the DNA (and also all other HTC phones). I've been driving around with it today, literally. We'll make sure that a link is posted here in this thread as soon as we can share photos and specs (about a week or so). So far it works very well without case and also with a gel case or a 1-layered hard case. However, when tested with a super heavy case that has both a hard shell then a rubber cover the wireless charging doesn't reach all the way to the phone, or it is very weak. Our concept for this car-dock is to start the car-mode with an NFC tag so you can use the very nice integrated HTC car-mode app or download an after-market solution like CarHome Ultra. Or, you can just program the NFC tag to start your favorite app and connect to Bluetooth (for example).

No MSRP price yet but figure a price similar to a car dock + the charging pad as it's the same components baked into one. We'll do our best to keep it low. A very cool end user experience I must say, just dock the phone with a 1-hand motion and it is charging and it goes into car mode... Stay tuned:)
    I just picked up a wireless charging pad from my VZW store.

I love it!

I can now just set my phone on the nightstand next to the bed and not have to worry about plugging it in.

Thank you HTC for finally making this built in, and not an option!

D

Orb is working great on my DNA even with the diztronic case on it.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using xda app-developers app
    I'm thinking of getting one. Which is the best for around $60. Was thinking of getting the one for the n4

I originally purchased the LG charging pad, for my DNA.

It works great, but I was tempted to try out the Nokia vertical charger, which charges your phone while keeping in upright.

I found the Nokia charger at a local AT&T store, and decided to spring for it. Costs about $70.

There are two advantages to the Nokia Wireless Charging Stand, in my opinion, over the LG pad, or other pads.

First, it takes up much less space on your desk or dresser. The pads need to be approximately the size of your cell phone, while the stand only needs room for a base, to hold the phone upright.

2nd, I downloaded Ady Clock from Google Play, a free app, which displays a clock with monthly calendar below it, along with battery level, sunrise/sunset times, and an alarm, all in dark blue against a black backdrop, to minimize battery drain!

This FREE app can be configured so that whenever I place my DNA on the Nokia Charging Stand, the phone launches and displays the Ady Clock clock/calendar! I can also configure it to either remain on indefinitely, or turn off after a limited time period, so that my phone charges more quickly!

While the LG charger works great, and charged my phone fine, my DNA basically just laid flat on my desk while charging! With the Nokia charger, my phone now doubles as a calendar clock and alarm clock while charging!

Whether or not these added benefits are worth the extra, approx. $20, to you, you'll have to decide.

I've been able to charge my DNA with the Diztronic case, as well as the Ballistic case, on both chargers. They're not the fastest chargers, (I placed my DNA on the Nokia tonight, at 7:30pm, with 13% charge, and it's now at 66% charge, over three hours later), but being I generally place my DNA on the charger right before I go to bed, it hasn't really been an issue.

LOVE not having to plug and unplug USB cables! Hope this helps you decide...

accessories-4372a-450x350.png

3L7I6_aeOZckPhPg2FxKpUvSXrT6Rql9S0b5hYCQuwwpnE-_f-T6FjthfseUGMsL6fsU
    Long Term Use

I have read that wireless charging causes the battery to get warmer than corded charging. I wonder since this is a non-replaceable battery will that effect the overall life of the battery. Is anyone else worried about long term use of a charging pad. I love the idea but wonder if it will cause issues later on.