[APP] z4root

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

tuanvo1982

Feb 5, 2005
I have tried on Wildfire 2.2 Chs but it shows message : completely and rebooted ....
After automatically rebooted, I don't see any supervisor in menu. I did try adb shell and su root ... but no permission. How can I confirm that work or not?
Thank so much

Vostradamus

Feb 11, 2008
Genova
play.google.com
Hi Man, thanks for this great and lightning fast root app :)

OCLF works 100% on android 2.2, grab it from the market.
z4mod app should be out soonish which will automate patching your kernel with a lagfix if you want native EXT.

A little question: I rooted my SGS right after the official froyo update using z4root (it took just a bunch of seconds, GREAT!), then I tried running OCLF for the lagfix, but the only available options I have are:

- unroot device
- alter minfree
- change scheduler
- check free space

did I miss something somewhere?

(I had oclf installed before the update.... I undid the lagfix and unrooted the device before updating it)

gammexane

Oct 1, 2010
I have tried on Wildfire 2.2 Chs but it shows message : completely and rebooted ....
After automatically rebooted, I don't see any supervisor in menu. I did try adb shell and su root ... but no permission. How can I confirm that work or not?
Thank so much

What I did:
1) Run z4root
2) Press button ROOT
After some seconds it reboot your phone...
3) Run z4root again
4) Superuser popup appears.

benno69

Nov 11, 2010
I5800 Galaxy 3 problem

Everything worked fine with z4root.
I´ve installed Root Explorer, it says I´ve superuser rights, but trying to delete i.g. SamsungWidgetClock the message is: "apk cannot deleted because the file system is read-only".
Re-Rooting didn´t help.
Do I have to take the sim out of the phone or do I have to use USB-debugging mode or what could be the reason?
Sorry about my english!

Piotr__11

Jun 21, 2010
Everything worked fine with z4root.
I´ve installed Root Explorer, it says I´ve superuser rights, but trying to delete i.g. SamsungWidgetClock the message is: "apk cannot deleted because the file system is read-only".
Re-Rooting didn´t help.
Do I have to take the sim out of the phone or do I have to use USB-debugging mode or what could be the reason?
Sorry about my english!

Press r/w key in Root explorer before deleting.

Aug 11, 2010
Copenhagen, Denmark
Will a Samsung technician be able to see if you have ever gained root access on your SGS using this app?

Or is it totally safe to run this, then play around and should any accident happen, which could lead to the phone going to repair, could i just uninstall it, wipe the phone and reboot- voila, the sgs seems like it has never been rooted before, righ

Just a matter of warranty...just damn curious since I really would like to root it...

Snegtul

Apr 14, 2010
hardlocked my stock sprint epic 4g

=(

had to yank my battery. First time I've ever had to do that on this phone.

tuanvo1982

Feb 5, 2005
What I did:
1) Run z4root
2) Press button ROOT
After some seconds it reboot your phone...
3) Run z4root again
4) Superuser popup appears.

It still not work for me. what I did:
1. run z4
2.press root
it was restarted
3.didn't see any news, come to z4 again
4. press root
restarted still no thing.
Anyone could help me?
thanks

Beards

Nov 3, 2008
Will a Samsung technician be able to see if you have ever gained root access on your SGS using this app?

Or is it totally safe to run this, then play around and should any accident happen, which could lead to the phone going to repair, could i just uninstall it, wipe the phone and reboot- voila, the sgs seems like it has never been rooted before, righ

Just a matter of warranty...just damn curious since I really would like to root it...

Actually, Samsung issued a memo to all service centre staff informing them if they come across any rooted phones they will be deemed out of warranty.
I don't have access to the link to the letter right now, it's on my Laptop at home but I'll post the memo here later when I get back.

EDITED:
Okay, back home. Here's the article I was referring to ~ Samsung Newsletter to Service Centre's ~ Rooting Voids Warranty
It was given to me today.

Last edited:

Ghxoxst

Apr 27, 2007
Ran it on my X, everything went through, although my apps button doesnt fully work now. Half of the page goes black and only two or three apps pop up...its like its stuck. I have tried several reboots and reroots and its the same thing...? anyone have the same problem? Its Rooted, i just now cant access my app drawer

Ghxoxst

Apr 27, 2007
cant access anything in my app drawer whatsoever. Gonna back up my **** with mybackup pro. , factory reset and try this again....anyone have any idea what happened? everything worked fine besides the app drawer fully working...?

Tuptup

Oct 31, 2010
Took a while, but its done =)

Just done this on my SGS JPO.
Im new to this whole rooting thing, so what am I to do next, am i ready to flash a rom? (Should i even do this?) And if so, which one should i download?

Sorry for the unbelievable lack of knowledge, but Im new to android =)

tigerhell

Sep 7, 2010
Works fine on Froyo XEF/JPA (french).

Click on root button, and before launch the reboot, a message error about processus appeared... After reboot, the superuser icon was here.

Backup launcher pro recognized the root and I can backup APK + data.

For recoverymod, it fail due to recovery 3e... I'm searching for a soluce :rolleyes:

Very good work Ryanza, good choice for the SGS :p... waiting for using one click lag fix but recovery 2e first :(

mahalocat

Oct 2, 2010
Honolulu
Hi all - I have a rooted hero Running FROYO Aosp.9.7 - LOVE IT -

Question - will this work on my Wifes piece of trash.
Samsung Intercept - Hoping to find something that will make that phone not SUCK...

I did just read the entire forum - so this should not be a double post/question.

Thanks

MCat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Froyo is a bit of a pain to root! Well, this fixes that.

Credits

z4ziggy
    Sebastian Krahmer's rageagainstthecage

What this does

It is an app you install from the market or by side loading, that has a single button that will root your device.

How safe is this?

Should be 100% safe - nothing on disk is changed besides the root binaries, so if something goes wrong, simply rebooting the device should fix up any and all issues. Let me know if you find any bugs!

[size=+1]The new temporary root option works on 99% of available Android devices - no list yet of which specific devices are incompatible with the temporary root option - I am still trying to find out.[/size]

Here is the list so far of known compatible and incompatible devices for the permanent root option. I haven't actually tested these myself - I only have a Galaxy S device - but this list has been created by reports from users.

Compatible with [size=+2]PERMANENT[/size] root option

Samsung Galaxy S (All variants)
    Backflip
    Sony X10
    Xperia Mini
    Droid 2
    Galaxy Tab
    Galaxy I5700
    Galaxy 3 I5800
    Droid X
    Samsung Acclaim
    Cricket Huawei Ascend
    Motorola Cliq
    Huawei 8120
    Hero
    G1
    Optimus T
    Droid 1
    Garmin Asus A50
    Motorola Defy
    LG Ally
    Motorola Flipside
    Motorola Milestone 2
    Dell streak
    X10 Mini Pro
    Smartq v7 android 2.1

Incompatible with [size=+2]PERMANENT[/size] root option

Desire (requires nand unlock)
    Desire HD (requires nand unlock)
    Magic (unknown)
    Evo (requires nand unlock)
    G2 (requires nand unlock)
    Archos 70 (unknown)
    myTouch 3G (unknown)
    Wildfire
    Droid Incredible

z4rootscreenshot.png

Changelog

V1.0.0 : Initial Release
    V1.1.0 : Will now open the application settings page if USB debugging is not enabled.
    V1.2.0 : Unroot support, fix for devices with small max file size such as I5700, binaries in xbin rather than bin
    V1.2.1 : Back to /system/bin for support for some devices. Fix for QVGA devices.
    V1.2.2 : Adverts added (can be permanently disabled with menu option). Hopeful fix for devices such as Moment (Did not work).
    V1.3.0 : Force unroot option, temporary root option.

Market

This application is available directly from the market. Search for 'z4root'

Donations

If this app helps you out, you can donate here:
    https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webs...=PP-DonationsBF:btn_donateCC_LG.gif:NonHosted
    if it works i expect it will be blocked with the next android update as usual
    will test on my girlfriends i5800 as soon as it´s back from service, its there for pin request issue...
    Thanks !!!
    This is great news !!!