Galaxy Note II - India

Search This thread

coolguy1cool

Dec 23, 2012
New Delhi
hiii,
i bought my note 2 on 29-1-2013
now what i noticed in my screen,
there middle 10% part is shaded with 1% opacity,looks like differnet than left white bg,
Shade is like 1% opacity grey colour..
if we look closely then it's not noticable as u seen from far,
from naked eyes is too difficult to see,
its not like Colours are gone, only looks like shade,
if i increase brightness to 100% then the small shade like finish.
i m confused that it is defected or not,
is that Normal, does nay body heard that type of case,
Someone told me that, it is because glue by screen with gorilla glass attached..
I m not happy :(
I spend my hard earned money..

Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda app-developers app

I'm not sure what you're talking about but if this is regarding the screen and few random patches or dots on the screen then here is what they are -

Typical amoled screens have this sort of defect, try this method to find them, take your phone and put it in an extremely low light condition like a candle or something and you will find small translucent or partially opaque patches on the screen if u look at it an angle, don't worry if this your problem then its supposed to be normal :D

---------- Post added at 06:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:29 PM ----------

Asked earlier and repeating again my query. ...how to change images in the default music player?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda premium

Ok go to the song you want, goto details or click on the song name while playing it, now there will be a screen stating all the information like genre and size and artist etc, click on tags and the track will authenticate itself via the internet and find linked albums, click on the one you need and that will be set as the album art for the song
Enjoy :D and hit thanks if I helped

chaitanya87

Jul 14, 2011
Hyderabad
Hey guys
I am experiencing some problems with s pen. When ever I try to write something in s note using the pen it feels kinda rough. But when I used the same pen on my friends note 2its very smooth. He's using the official flip cover which protects the screen. I am not using any screen guard or flip cover. I think my screen is defected and do I need to replace the screen?

Sent from my beast using Tapatalk 2

---------- Post added at 10:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:07 PM ----------

Is there something wrong regarding the pressure sensitivity etc

jujuburi

Sep 10, 2011
If your screen is clean and clear and you haven't modified anything (any pressure tweaks) then it sounds bad, like a display problem. But do make sure. A full wipe maybe?

iampunX

Sep 2, 2012
Calicut
www.twitter.com
Hey guys
I am experiencing some problems with s pen. When ever I try to write something in s note using the pen it feels kinda rough. But when I used the same pen on my friends note 2its very smooth. He's using the official flip cover which protects the screen. I am not using any screen guard or flip cover. I think my screen is defected and do I need to replace the screen?

Sent from my beast using Tapatalk 2

---------- Post added at 10:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:07 PM ----------

Is there something wrong regarding the pressure sensitivity etc

Is it a physical problem that you are facing? Or are the lines or words getting distorted? Tried using the pen at different angles with all the possible edges of the pen? I don't think the screen would physically get rough. If problem persists, how about considering a screen guard?

chaitanya87

Jul 14, 2011
Hyderabad
If your screen is clean and clear and you haven't modified anything (any pressure tweaks) then it sounds bad, like a display problem. But do make sure. A full wipe maybe?

I haven't done any pressure tweaks. I rechecked by flashing the recent ROM too.

---------- Post added at 10:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:22 PM ----------

Is it a physical problem that you are facing? Or are the lines or words getting distorted? Tried using the pen at different angles with all the possible edges of the pen? I don't think the screen would physically get rough. If problem persists, how about considering a screen guard?

Let me put it this way. When you were writing using a ball point pen it's smooth. Assume if the pen fall down on its tip and then you write it on the paper again it'll be kinda rough. So assume the same kind of roughness but not completely just at 50%. I think you got it.

iampunX

Sep 2, 2012
Calicut
www.twitter.com
I haven't done any pressure tweaks. I rechecked by flashing the recent ROM too.

---------- Post added at 10:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:22 PM ----------

Let me put it this way. When you were writing using a ball point pen it's smooth. Assume if the pen fall down on its tip and then you write it on the paper again it'll be kinda rough. So assume the same kind of roughness but not completely just at 50%. I think you got it.

Hmm and you've used the pen on another device and it worked perfect? And you've also wiped the screen well and the problem persists. Plus you've not done any pressure tweaks and you've flashed a new ROM. Try using a screen guard now. If problem disappears, approach your retailer for warrantee.

chaitanya87

Jul 14, 2011
Hyderabad
Hmm and you've used the pen on another device and it worked perfect? And you've also wiped the screen well and the problem persists. Plus you've not done any pressure tweaks and you've flashed a new ROM. Try using a screen guard now. If problem disappears, approach your retailer for warrantee.

OK I will try with screen guard tomorrow. I think I have to take my friends note 2 also to Samsung guys for explanation.

SacGuru

Dec 9, 2012
That means it won't be long for our Note 2 :D

Sent from my GT-N7100.

Those who help noobs go to heaven. True story.

Reactions: ABHIII

Mandeep148

May 10, 2012
Ludhiana
Sorry for again posting, in previous post about my phone display, i hadnt posted picture,
so here is picture, hows My note display looks like,
u can see in screen shot that In Middle is more shaded, its not noticable as much for frusting... i spend my hard earned cash, so thats why i worried about my phone..
So, my question is, IS that Normal?

Attachments

• Shot.jpg
    Shot.jpg
    241.3 KB · Views: 169

iampunX

Sep 2, 2012
Calicut
www.twitter.com
Sorry for again posting, in previous post about my phone display, i hadnt posted picture,
u can see in screen shot that In Middle is more shaded, its not noticable as much for frusting... i spend my hard earned cash, so thats why i worried about my phone..

Personally I'm not able to find a problem like this in my phone. Tried under zero light, little light and normal lighting conditions. Tried with white screen, red, blue and green.
It's a lame question but are using any kinda low grade screen protectors? :D

Reactions: Mandeep148

jujuburi

Sep 10, 2011
I have seen the photo, noticed it closely but I don't see anything!
And just fyi, we all spent our hard earned money pal, we are not Ambanis, least I am not. As I said, mine has yellowish patch all over the screen. When I look at the display at 90° angle it looks yellowish, when I look at it from an 45° angle it looks white (how it should look). I hate yellowish tint, that's why I use +7 blue in Screen Adjuster app. Same happened with S2. When I will get back my D90 I will post a video.
As I said before, OLED displays are still immature, unlike LCD, there is not a single "perfect" OLED display out there. Well you can take the path some kids here take, keep replacing the unit you find the perfect unit. Well it's beyond me, it's like inception!
All above said from that photo I saw you just posted. Maybe there is problem in your screen (A high res SLR photo might help) but what I just saw is OKAY.

Mandeep148

May 10, 2012
Ludhiana
Personally I'm not able to find a problem like this in my phone. Tried under zero light, little light and normal lighting conditions. Tried with white screen, red, blue and green.
It's a lame question but are using any kinda low grade screen protectors? :D

Thanx for hearing,
But I tried to remove screen protector,gaurd is ok..
I think u are right, becuz when in see in outdoor daylight, shade not noticable..
Bytheway, is that big issue?

iampunX

Sep 2, 2012
Calicut
www.twitter.com
Thanx for hearing,
But I tried to remove screen protector,gaurd is ok..
I think u are right, becuz when in see in outdoor daylight, shade not noticable..
Bytheway, is that big issue?

Depends on how you see it. I wouldn't have taken this as a big issue provided the shade stays with the same amount of transparency. It's hardly noticable :)

Reactions: Mandeep148

Top Liked Posts