[Q] Stock camera app / associated files

Search This thread

droidBolt

Mar 23, 2011
Hm. It sure looks right. Did you try the posted files above? One other thing to look at is if you have any of the files in another system folder accidentally (like system/apps). I know in my saga I ended up somehow installing the camera app as a downloaded file and had to uninstall it through application manager. I'm assuming you have the media_profiles file in the right place and with the right permissions. I'll let you know if I can think of anything else. h.s.

Sent from my VS985 4G using XDA Free mobile app

update!! So this morning I basically deleted all the files and downloaded the stock ones from the earlier post again. (Thanks again to Phobos512 for posting that link). Reinstalled, renamed and fixed permissions and rebooted.....and that still didnt work! So i basically gave up for the day and just went on with my work day. For some reason I decided to open the camera again a min a go and low and behold....IT WORKS!! I dont know what changed from this morning but hopefully it stays working. Video camera is working also.:good::good:

Thanks man for all the help I really appreciate it!!

helpfulstan

Dec 30, 2013
That's terrific. I wonder what clicked to make it all work? My guess would be cache or data (clearing data from the app is always a good trick to remember) but whatever it was, I'm glad things are working for you! h.s.

update!! So this morning I basically deleted all the files and downloaded the stock ones from the earlier post again. (Thanks again to Phobos512 for posting that link). Reinstalled, renamed and fixed permissions and rebooted.....and that still didnt work! So i basically gave up for the day and just went on with my work day. For some reason I decided to open the camera again a min a go and low and behold....IT WORKS!! I dont know what changed from this morning but hopefully it stays working. Video camera is working also.:good::good:

Thanks man for all the help I really appreciate it!!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Glad to hear it. I use Root Explorer, that's why I asked about your permissions. RE displays the permissions in the rwxrwxrwx format natively in the directory displays. But, when you go to change them it looks like this in a little popup with checkboxes and then it tells you at the bottom what the CHMOD code would be and the rwxrwxrwx looks like.

Code:
            Read  Write  Execute
    Owner   []    []     []
    Group   []    []     []
    Others  []    []     []

Set UID []   Set GID []   Sticky []

Enter Octal  ####  rwxrwxrwx