Hisense Sero 7 Pro General Questions Thread

Search This thread

lichan

Since we don't have a forum specifically for the Sero 7 Pro, this thread can serve as a place to ask questions unrelated to the current ROM threads. I will link it in the Home Base Start/Here and Sero 7 Pro owners can ask general questions and I hope the community will respond.

So, ask away!

impster

Aug 17, 2011
I also have a question which I'd like to ask. In fact there's 2 questions...

1: Are there any devs working on ROMs for UK 32gb Hisense Sero 7 Pro?

2: Are those of us still using stock UK ROM likely to get any OTA updates from Hisense?

Thanks

Impster

jhienk

Aug 14, 2013
Cape May
Rom Development

I've been away for a while and just noticed that Dave is the only one with a new build. Has all of the other Devs for this tab givin up? Just a question. I still use mine everyday. Been using Dopa AOSP but since Dave has posted a CM11 M6 I might give that a go. Thanks everyone.

x000x

Apr 6, 2012
I've been away for a while and just noticed that Dave is the only one with a new build. Has all of the other Devs for this tab givin up? Just a question. I still use mine everyday. Been using Dopa AOSP but since Dave has posted a CM11 M6 I might give that a go. Thanks everyone.

probably just reaching end of life. this tablet is starting to get old now, and people are probably moving on to newer things. with that being said, i hope there is still some interest. theres a tablet version of miui that just came out for the nexus 7 II, i don't know how popular it would be, but maybe it would not be too difficult to port it over. http://en.miui.com/thread-16879-1-1.html someone made a port for the original nexus 7, maybe something there might be of use since this tablet share a lot of similar hardware with the original nexus 7 http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2700212

jerbear294

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 9, 2013
Google Pixel 4a
probably just reaching end of life. this tablet is starting to get old now, and people are probably moving on to newer things. with that being said, i hope there is still some interest. theres a tablet version of miui that just came out for the nexus 7 II, i don't know how popular it would be, but maybe it would not be too difficult to port it over. http://en.miui.com/thread-16879-1-1.html someone made a port for the original nexus 7, maybe something there might be of use since this tablet share a lot of similar hardware with the original nexus 7 http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2700212

If MIUI is based on CyanogenMod I'll give porting it a shot- it won't be stable unless it's KitKat though.

x000x

Apr 6, 2012
If MIUI is based on CyanogenMod I'll give porting it a shot- it won't be stable unless it's KitKat though.

i'm not quite sure what miui is based off of, but the nexus 7 port says "This is a port of MIUI V6 (kitkat) from the Nexus 7 2013 to our grouper. It is built on AOSPA 4.4.2"

glockman4519

Jun 5, 2013
Central Pa
plus.google.com
I am in the process of building various KitKat roms from source with deloresparks aosp repos and posting them in one thread for people to use if they want. But more importantly I would like to help anyone who wants to build and support one or more of these roms with there own thread. I will link to this thread as soon as I make it. In the meantime here is a link to Gummy and a couple new Roms I built today.

GummyKang thread--http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2670350

Download only...Pics Coming
KANG###LiquidSmooth..Blood.. LS-KK-Blood-v3.0-UNOFFICIAL-2014-03-27-m470.zip - 152.28 MB

KANG###Carbon... CARBON-KK-UNOFFICIAL-20140326-1636-m470.zip - 156.51 MB

Are there any overclocked kernels for Carbon ROM for the Sero 7 pro ?

---------- Post added at 02:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:45 PM ----------

Ask questions here:
I've started a thread for any general questions about the Sero 7 Pro, unrelated to the developer's ROM threads. So, if you were about to post a question here, please ask it here (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=52326773)

Are there any over clocked kernels developed for Carbon ROM on the Sero 7 pro?

CanuckinPA

Nov 28, 2010
State College, PA
I'm having a problem with the battery discharging while using my tab as it's charging. As I write this it's plugged in but it's down to 4% and dropping

Sent from my Sero 7 Pro using Tapatalk

jerbear294

Oct 9, 2013
Google Pixel 4a
I'm having a problem with the battery discharging while using my tab as it's charging. As I write this it's plugged in but it's down to 4% and dropping

Try a different cable- the one that came with my Sero started acting up and only charged in a certain position. Switching to a PS4 Micro USB cable worked flawlessly.

Moirae

Jul 16, 2013
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold3
For some reason while using carbon rom my battery usage is weird. Not only does it seem to drain really fast but once I get to around 15% it just completely dies. It's like the 15% is a lie and it's really at 0%

vettejock99

Feb 25, 2006
Austin, TX and Orange County, CA
davepmer,

After sticking to Carbon 0326 forever because it worked by far the best for my 4 Seros, I installed 0515 Omni on them as it appears to work great as well. 24 hours later I'm realizing that I have no sound whatsoever, and DSP Manager will open but when I try to play something in say, Apollo, I get a DSP Manager has closed error. I full wiped and cleaned every one of them before the install, and 3 are running TWRP and one Philz and doesn't seem to make any difference. Any chance you know an easy fix?

Moirae

Jul 16, 2013
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold3
I had the same problem vette. I flashed twice and did full wipes every time. No sound from anything I tried. On the plus side, flashing back to carbon seems to have fixed my battery drain problems.

nexy33

Jan 3, 2011
Razer Phone
Samsung Galaxy S21
I also have a question which I'd like to ask. In fact there's 2 questions...

1: Are there any devs working on ROMs for UK 32gb Hisense Sero 7 Pro?

2: Are those of us still using stock UK ROM likely to get any OTA updates from Hisense?

Thanks

Impster
Only person I know who was was xboxexpert his root for the uk tablet worked the rom was dropped. Randomblame does offer to try with anyone who has a uk tablet to port taktik http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2536116

I have tried contacting hisense europe numerous times to no avail ebuyer no longer stock the tablet so i think we can safely assume the answer to question 2 is no.

TBH i sold mine and picked up a nexus 7 ill not be buying a cheap unsupported tablet ever again the extra money is worth the updates and support.

Reactions: impster

impster

Aug 17, 2011
Thanks for the reply.

I'm still using the stock (but rooted) UK rom on mine and have to say it's still working fine for me. It's much better than the Asus Memopad 7 that we also have - streets ahead in fact.

Looks like I'll keep it as it is until it stops working or until something far far better comes out at a good (cheap!) price.

THanks

jerbear294

Oct 9, 2013
Google Pixel 4a
Thanks for the reply.

I'm still using the stock (but rooted) UK rom on mine and have to say it's still working fine for me. It's much better than the Asus Memopad 7 that we also have - streets ahead in fact.

Looks like I'll keep it as it is until it stops working or until something far far better comes out at a good (cheap!) price.

THanks
I'm waiting until a Tegra Note 7 powered by the Tegra K1 comes along- those things are overkill.

jerbear294

Oct 9, 2013
Google Pixel 4a
OK -- now that we have a thread for general questions, I'll go first.

Has anyone tried Ubuntu Touch on their Sero? There appears to be some very interesting features

If you look here I'm about to start development of Ubuntu Touch for the Sero 7. The Sero also meets the minimum requirements for the high-end version of it, meaning you can connect a keyboard, mouse, and external HDD to the Sero so it can double as a portable Ubuntu desktop computer. Who's up for some portable Android development? :D

Last edited:

CanuckinPA

Nov 28, 2010
State College, PA
If you look here I'm about to start development of Ubuntu Touch for the Sero 7. The Sero also meets the minimum requirements for the high-end version of it, meaning you can connect a keyboard, mouse, and external HDD to the Sero so it can double as a portable Ubuntu desktop computer. Who's up for some portable Android development? :D

I'm in once you get the development developed! ;)

Reactions: jerbear294

glockman4519

Jun 5, 2013
Central Pa
plus.google.com
Try a different cable- the one that came with my Sero started acting up and only charged in a certain position. Switching to a PS4 Micro USB cable worked flawlessly.

I've noticed that depending on what you have running at the time of charging, like background programs and screen brightness is more of a draw on the device than the charge it's receiving. I have used battery doctor with tremendous success. If it is not the cable I would try this program.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using XDA Premium HD app

---------- Post added at 08:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:05 PM ----------

I am running Pacman on mine and am having a blast with it. No real issues to speak of. For what I paid for this tablet, it is a hell of a nice tablet. I am planing on getting a couple more just for development projects.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    i'm not quite sure what miui is based off of, but the nexus 7 port says "This is a port of MIUI V6 (kitkat) from the Nexus 7 2013 to our grouper. It is built on AOSPA 4.4.2"

Then it should work fine using dolorespark's AOSP trees I believe :)
    I'll attempt to port.

OK -- now that we have a thread for general questions, I'll go first.

Has anyone tried Ubuntu Touch on their Sero? There appears to be some very interesting features

There are many different xposed modules that give you the reboot to recovery option and Gravity is just one of them. Advanced power menu is a geeat one. X Blast is another, and there are a few more but you have to be willing to install Xposed framework on your device.
    To be honest though, I have yet to see a custom rom that didn't have this feature already built into it.
    I hope this helps and the Hisense Sero 7 pro is one of my favorites among my tablets.

not really a question but I noticed newegg has the sero pro refurb for $49 a/r
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834738002
    wait no playstore.... hmmmm so how do i install apps lol
    are these the only ones i need??
    sero7pro-aosp601-dopa6-v1-bld3.zip - the ROM
    sero7pro-gapps-dopa6-v1-bld3.zip - a "nano" Gapps package compatible with this build

Those files will do it.

The GApps package will install Google Play.