128GB Micro-SD possible?

Search This thread

bill340

Aug 16, 2007
I was reading dfferent information about that so far.
Is it possible to use the 128GB Micro-SD Card on the Note 4, like it is on the S5?
Thanks!

mjlewis0102

Dec 5, 2009
I was reading dfferent information about that so far.
Is it possible to use the 128GB Micro-SD Card on the Note 4, like it is on the S5?
Thanks!

Yes it is. In fact, I'm using a 128GB in my Note 3 right now. Look on amazon for the sanDisk 128GB microsd. I heard that one works with the S3 and up.

S

sjm1982

I would also like to find this out as well I assume it will but rather than guess like previous poster would like to see someone actually test it.

Both gsmarena and android central state 64gb max and that is the same for the note edge.

A lot of older phones stated they would only support 16gb micro sd cards but would work with 32gb cards so assume if you had a decent card you should be fine just stay away from the cheapies.

NZtechfreak

Sep 5, 2008
It'll work. My 64gb card, when formatted Fat32 works in my old N95, so any suggestion 128gb cards won't work here is utterly false.

Dan1909

Oct 15, 2010
I would also like to find this out as well I assume it will but rather than guess like previous poster would like to see someone actually test it.

Both gsmarena and android central state 64gb max and that is the same for the note edge.

A lot of older phones stated they would only support 16gb micro sd cards but would work with 32gb cards so assume if you had a decent card you should be fine just stay away from the cheapies.

There's no guessing going on here, it 100% will work.

128GB cards work in phones all the way back to the S2, they'll be just fine in the Note 4.

jpmcnown

Jan 13, 2011
Topeka, Kansas
I believe the confusion circling the internet is based on the Note 4 having "up to 64GB INTERNAL storage". Any device that supports SDXC can "technically" support up to 2TB, but the tech is currently limited to 128GB. Disregard anything people are saying about the Note 4 only supporting up to a 64GB MicroSD, it's complete nonsense.

vinnyjr

Jul 25, 2010
Boston
Just bought a 128gb class 10 and was getting nervous with all the specs calling out for 64gb max in the Note 4. The Note 4 has more upgrades, specs & build than any other new SmartPhone this year. Love the Note 4, looks, build and specs. Only thing I was hoping for was 64gb of int storage or maybe even 128. Manufacturers need to start stepping up int storage, this nickel & dime crap is lame. Never have enough int storage. Getting mine in white.

jpmcnown

Jan 13, 2011
Topeka, Kansas
Just bought a 128gb class 10 and was getting nervous with all the specs calling out for 64gb max in the Note 4. The Note 4 has more upgrades, specs & build than any other new SmartPhone this year. Love the Note 4, looks, build and specs. Only thing I was hoping for was 64gb of int storage or maybe even 128. Manufacturers need to start stepping up int storage, this nickel & dime crap is lame. Never have enough int storage. Getting mine in white.

My concern with the 128 GB card, is that it's not exactly rated to be the quickest, which makes me wonder, if it's going to suffer as a result. The card I currently have in my S5 is only a 64GB Samsung Evo (48Mbps), but seem to do fine. I just don't want a weak link.

Personally, I'm going to compromise with a 64GB, but have almost double the speed of the currently available 128GB card.
This is the card I opt'd for, to use with the Note 4. -HERE

davidjan1

Aug 30, 2014
My concern with the 128 GB card, is that it's not exactly rated to be the quickest, which makes me wonder, if it's going to suffer as a result. The card I currently have in my S5 is only a 64GB Samsung Evo (48Mbps), but seem to do fine. I just don't want a weak link.

Personally, I'm going to compromise with a 64GB, but have almost double the speed of the currently available 128GB card.
This is the card I opt'd for, to use with the Note 4. -HERE

Samsung Evo is up to 90MB/s. It is pretty fast. 128GB can't reach this speed. I also use Meenova Dash reader to extend the storage.

Rintenfinten

Oct 7, 2011
As far as I know this is from Samsung officially and it says up to 64 GB micro sd maximum.

uploadfromtaptalk1409934733181.jpg

thekoRngear

Jul 25, 2012
As far as I know this is from Samsung officially and it says up to 64 GB micro sd maximum.

View attachment 2925775

Interestingly I just visited their official micro site of Note 4.It justifies what you said. NOW, go to the official micro site of Note 3 and there you will see it says the same i.e., up to 64 GB whereas people who are using a Note 3 are already using a 128 GB card in their note 3's which are working. :laugh::D

mircury

Jul 18, 2007
Louisville
Ya, I'm even using a 256GB sdxc card in my note 3 and it works fine. Total space on my note 3 is 288GB. Don't worry about the note 4. It will support just as much if not more.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts