[Gingerbread Root] Pete's Motorola Root Tools

Search This thread

aknox077

Jan 24, 2012
Cleveland, OH
I'm still post-root and I'm having trouble with installing ROMs. I understand how it's done but how do I know if it will work with my phone? The ROM I mentioned above looks nice but it doesn't say anywhere if it will work with .605 or if I have to switch to something else.
Is there a better ROM I should try to get my feet wet? Something that works with .605? I haven't been able to find any so far.

infazzdar

Dec 20, 2010
I'm still post-root and I'm having trouble with installing ROMs. I understand how it's done but how do I know if it will work with my phone? The ROM I mentioned above looks nice but it doesn't say anywhere if it will work with .605 or if I have to switch to something else.
Is there a better ROM I should try to get my feet wet? Something that works with .605? I haven't been able to find any so far.

The rom you linked is only compatible with 2.3.340.

Any rom that is compatible with 4.5.602 is also compatible with 4.5.605. These roms include MIUI, Revnumber's Unofficial CyanogenMod nightlies, Vortex, and many others.

Sent from my DROIDX using XDA App

cpomike13

Aug 23, 2010
La Habra Ca.
Thanx

Just wanted to say how dam easy this root tool work! it was hellofa lot easier than my old Dinc. I tried to donate but got this msg. from PayPal
"We cannot process this transaction because there is a problem with the PayPal email address supplied by the seller. Please contact the seller to resolve the problem. If this payment is for an eBay listing, you can contact the seller via the "Ask Seller a Question" link on the listing page. When you have the correct email address, payment can be made at www.paypal.com." fix it and I'll buy you lunch.

infazzdar

Dec 20, 2010
?
Just wanted to say how dam easy this root tool work! it was hellofa lot easier than my old Dinc. I tried to donate but got this msg. from PayPal
"We cannot process this transaction because there is a problem with the PayPal email address supplied by the seller. Please contact the seller to resolve the problem. If this payment is for an eBay listing, you can contact the seller via the "Ask Seller a Question" link on the listing page. When you have the correct email address, payment can be made at www.paypal.com." fix it and I'll buy you lunch.

I appreciate it! However, this program is not of my design. You can look on the developer's website (in the OP). I'm sure somewhere on there he will have a donation link.
And even if you still want to donate to me, I can fix the link =P

Last edited:

infazzdar

Dec 20, 2010
It says I'm missing the "adb.exe" what should I do? Can you please help me

Do you have the androidsdk installed? Sometimes it conflicts with the adb provided with the download.

Redownload the root tool and unzip it directly to your desktop.

Make sure you have the provided drivers from the OP installed, and make sure USB debugging is enabled on your device.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

NWKENT

Dec 17, 2010
Tryon, North Carolina
SuperOneClick..will Root the Motorola Droid X and X2..never reboots your phone..I have used it flawlessly on my three X's and my two X2's..so easy after the proper install to Windows (I use Win7 Pro)..do as instructed..and without fail..you will root the X and X2 in less than 5 minutes..need help..please ask..

sent by my Droid X_ICX Green..Yes..I still use this old thing from time to time..

wilspeak

Jul 18, 2011
ga
Hello everyone i want to change my present rom (miui). Because of tethering problems I'm changing it to liquid gb on my droid x. I was told that I had to do a" clean install". Is PETES MOTOROLA ROOT TOOLS a " clean install ? Can anyone help or post directions for a droid x clean install & information about Pete's root tools. I would appreciate any advice & help. Thank you all

infazzdar

Dec 20, 2010
Hello everyone i want to change my present rom (miui). Because of tethering problems I'm changing it to liquid gb on my droid x. I was told that I had to do a" clean install". Is PETES MOTOROLA ROOT TOOLS a " clean install ? Can anyone help or post directions for a droid x clean install & information about Pete's root tools. I would appreciate any advice & help. Thank you all

Pete's Motorola Root Tools is not related in any way to "clean installing".

But if you PM me I can help you with your rom issues and whatnot.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Kman-aloe

Apr 6, 2012
missing adb.exe

Hi I'm trying to unroot my x2 and it keeps saying Error: you are missing adb.exe, which was packaged with this program. The adb.exe is in the same folder as all of the other files i extracted to my restore folder. Any ideas?

I saw the same issue. got it solved by copying all the contents of the "support_files" directory to the same directory as "Pete's Motorola Root Tools.exe".

ijm5012

Dec 31, 2010
So I have a question. I used this with my Droid X, but even though it went through and told me that my unroot was successful, I still have the superuser app icon which I can't uninstall.

Can anyone help me with this? Thank you!

wfp03240

May 14, 2012
Cannot start my Droid X

On Friday I attempted to turn off my phone and re-started, but it only went to the M logo. Not able to get to the Triangle w/ Android in it to do a factory reset. Cannot get into Safe Mode either. Downloaded RSD Lite, but cannot find detailed instructions on how to reflash the Droid X, and what files to use.

Any help will be appreciate it.

infazzdar

Dec 20, 2010
On Friday I attempted to turn off my phone and re-started, but it only went to the M logo. Not able to get to the Triangle w/ Android in it to do a factory reset. Cannot get into Safe Mode either. Downloaded RSD Lite, but cannot find detailed instructions on how to reflash the Droid X, and what files to use.

Any help will be appreciate it.

Depending on what system version you were on before, .621 SBF file for .621 or .602 for anything else.
If you don't know, try the .602 SBF file first. There are plenty of guides out there for SBFing.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk 2

gorillabiscuit

Oct 8, 2009
Apologies in advance

Hi all. I'm sorry if this question is easily answered but I'm not following the logic of the instructions. When it says the following: If the line ends with a $, then run the one-click exploit for Windows XP (even if you have Windows Vista or 7) and only complete step 1. - what am I supposed to run exactly? I think I'm retarded, but you never know...

nyerere71

Jun 2, 2011
Google Pixel 7 Pro
I used this tool to root my photon. My issue is this, I'd like to get updates from Sprint and Motorola, including the upcoming ICS update, but all updates up to this point always fail. Is there something I can do to hide root or temporarily disable superuser to allow me to update my device then revert back to root? Please assist...

Sent from my MB855 using xda premium

infazzdar

Dec 20, 2010
I used this tool to root my photon. My issue is this, I'd like to get updates from Sprint and Motorola, including the upcoming ICS update, but all updates up to this point always fail. Is there something I can do to hide root or temporarily disable superuser to allow me to update my device then revert back to root? Please assist...

Sent from my MB855 using xda premium

You should still be able to take OTA updates if you're rooted; however, if you have ClockworkMod Recovery installed updates will fail to install.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

oluoch28304

Jun 7, 2012
try booting into stock recovery (pull battery out, hold home and power button until you see triangle, then press volume buttons). then do factory reset, then try updates again.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This does not work with Droid X System Version .621.

(Information on this post was taken from Pete's website: http://www.psouza4.com/Bionic/)

NOTE: If you were rooted on the original OTA and took the update to .602 and lost root, read the 'Droid X' notes under the how-to.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

How to: One Click Root for Windows 7/Vista

1. Your phone must be connected via USB data cable to your computer and be recognized.

2. If your phone is connected, but not recognized, you may need to install one of these software drivers:
    -Windows universal 32-bit Motorola drivers version 5.2.0
    -Windows universal 64-bit Motorola drivers version 5.2.0

3. Download this one-click root package: PetesMotorolaRootTools_v1.08.zip

4. Extract the contents of the one-click root package to a new folder on your computer.

5. Make sure USB Debugging is enabled on your device. This should be under Settings -> Applications -> Development -> USB Debugging.

6. From the new folder on your computer, double-click on Pete's_Motrola_Root_Tools.exe to begin the root process.

7. Click 'Root My Phone'.

Droid X Note:

Droid X Notes

Your phone may need to be in either charging mode or PC mode or you may need to toggle it a number of times for the device to recognized correctly.

If you are trying to root from the OTA Gingerbread update and you were previously rooted, you will probably experience problems with this root method because of the pre-existence of busybox and superuser.apk. For that reason, you may need to attempt both the script method (for Windows XP users) and program executable method (Windows Vista/7 users). If you are still having problems, please follow these instructions:
    Open a Command Prompt in the folder where you extracted the one-click root package (see instructions for rooting). If you are using Windows 7, you can just use Shift+Right-Click on the folder you extracted the package and choose to "Open a command prompt here". For other operating systems or versions of Windows, you may require some DOS experience or need to Google how to change directories.

In the command prompt, type the following command:

If you receive any kind of error, then you may not be in the folder where you extracted ADB.exe or you may need to reboot your computer, your phone, or check the connection. You should receive an ADB prompt ending with either a # or a $.

If the line ends with a $, then run the one-click exploit for Windows XP (even if you have Windows Vista or 7) and only complete step 1.

When you have adb shell ending with a #, type the following commands:

mount -o remount,rw /dev/block/system /system
    rm /system/bin/su
    rm /system/xbin/su

Ignore any messages that warn you about the file not being found/missing. We're removing old copies of su/superuser which are causing this one-click root method to fail.

(credit: KevlarGibs)

Additionally, during the parts of the one-click root that reboot your phone, your phone will most likely reboot into recovery instead of into the standard Android lock screen. If this is the case, simply unplug the cable and reboot the phone manually. When you are finished rebooting, plug the phone back in again. Some people have had to reboot their PC too.

Finally, some users have mentioned that the root isn't taking affect right away for all apps. Eventually, after several reboots, the phone finally takes root. We're not sure why this is (I don't have a Droid X -- I'm just re-posting this information for brevity).

Please try the Windows Vista/7 method first! It will work better for most Windows XP users.
    Only use this method if the other has not worked yet.

http://www.mediafire.com/?pj5lk8u2s0zhqo8

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nothing you see here is my work. All credit goes to Pete and everyone he's credited. I simply created this thread on XDA using Pete's information.
    Reserved for future information.
    The phone I'm trying to root is Motorola. It's a friends Droid X but like I stated before all the rooting processes I could find for 2.3.4 required the phone to have been rooted before the update.

My mistake, yes you can root it without it previously being rooted. The Droid X doesn't have S-On and S-Off as HTC devices do.

First and foremost thanks for all your hard work now onto my question. I've been rooted close to 3 weeks then out came the .605 update which I ignored until I slipped up and accepted it and became unrooted. Since I was unrooted I said WTH and do a hard reset (since I had everything backed up) but it won't update to .605, it downloads and goes through all the motions but when it comes back on it's still .602. Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

You probably have frozen or removed some kind of bloat that causes the update to fail. Replace the removed bloat or SBF.

First and foremost thanks for all your hard work now onto my question. I've been rooted close to 3 weeks then out came the .605 update which I ignored until I slipped up and accepted it and became unrooted. Since I was unrooted I said WTH and do a hard reset (since I had everything backed up) but it won't update to .605, it downloads and goes through all the motions but when it comes back on it's still .602. Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

I had the same issue.
    What I did was sbf back to .602 using a linux .602 sbf boot disk.
    I did not clear my cache or data or anything so all my apps and emails/txts were still on the phone.
    Then I downloaded and installed the .605 from verizon.... then I rooted

Everything is all good now.

D.