Titan II battery drain issues.

Search This thread

karelj

Aug 14, 2008
Brooklyn
I've been using my Titan II for about 10 days now and I've encountered a weird battery drain issue that I first noticed this past Friday during my battery test/monitoring activities.
I left my house with a full charge and 5 minutes later I already lost 2% battery charge. I normally could check Facebook and Twitter, check a couple of webpages and still be at 100%. The phone then started losing 3-5 % charge every hour without any use. I normally lost 1% every hour/2 hours.
Nothing has changed between my first days of usage and now. It's still 1 push email, another email polling every hour and the wpcentral app, weather app and iss tracker app in the background. Before the first full day of use, I had installed all my apps that I had on my Focus and let the battery drain then gave it a full charge. I don't think it's an issue with the radio being LTE because this problem would have manifested itself during the first few days.
I let the battery drain to 3 % tonight and it's on the charger. If that doesn't do the trick, I will delete then re-add the email accounts. After that,my only choice is a hard reset and hope that works.

If anyone has any ideas, I'd be grateful

drupad2drupad

Apr 11, 2010
I've been using my Titan II for about 10 days now and I've encountered a weird battery drain issue that I first noticed this past Friday during my battery test/monitoring activities.
I left my house with a full charge and 5 minutes later I already lost 2% battery charge. I normally could check Facebook and Twitter, check a couple of webpages and still be at 100%. The phone then started losing 3-5 % charge every hour without any use. I normally lost 1% every hour/2 hours.
Nothing has changed between my first days of usage and now. It's still 1 push email, another email polling every hour and the wpcentral app, weather app and iss tracker app in the background. Before the first full day of use, I had installed all my apps that I had on my Focus and let the battery drain then gave it a full charge. I don't think it's an issue with the radio being LTE because this problem would have manifested itself during the first few days.
I let the battery drain to 3 % tonight and it's on the charger. If that doesn't do the trick, I will delete then re-add the email accounts. After that,my only choice is a hard reset and hope that works.

If anyone has any ideas, I'd be grateful

To me this looks like the 3G/LTE coverage in your area.
The easiest way to test this would be switch to 2G network and see if you see the same drain. Hopefully you won't.

The more fluctuating 3g/LTE in your area = burning radio = draining battery.

HTC don't have strong radios like Nokia.