[font=Roboto, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]
83.png
[/font]

[font=Roboto, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Device: evita (HTC One XL)[/font]

81.png
[/font]

[font=Roboto, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]» Installation is simple:[/font]
  • If coming from another ROM or another major AOKP version, wipe data in recovery
  • Make sure you're using the latest CWM or TWRP
  • Flash ROM
  • Flash Google Apps (GAPPS)
  • Reboot
78.png
[/font]

» Check merged commits on AOKP's Gerrit

80.png
[/font]

builds[font=Roboto, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]: [/font]http://aokp.co/devices/evita
gapps[font=Roboto, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]: [/font]http://goo.im/gapps/...0301-signed.zip[font=Roboto, helvetica, arial, sans-serif] - b7e53e96e1c8b1a1c4865bf29418c8e0[/font]

82.png
[/font]

» AOKP Gerrit
» AOKP on Github
» SOURCE on AOKP.co

79.png
[/font]

[font=Roboto, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]We greatly appreciate your contribution in the form of code, or PayPal donations.[/font]
» Donation options on AOKP.co

[font=Roboto, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Enjoy![/font][font=Roboto, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][/font]

Last edited:

ps3kev

Apr 19, 2012
well it booted but after i did a reboot it was stuck on the htc screen. and there was no way around it.

rohan32

Retired Forum Mod / Retired Recognized Developer
Nov 27, 2011
New Jersey
rmathur.com
P.S. The stuff changed in Release Preview 1.1 vs. 1 is numerous bug fixes from AOKP and a few fixes on the device level (such as voice recognition, etc - thanks h8).

franki_667

Oct 16, 2011
Not sure of its a placebo affect, but definitely feels smoother... Especially scrolling through the app drawer

Phone: HTC One XL
ROM: ParanoidAndroid 2.54

franki_667

Oct 16, 2011
Ummmm...... Best battery usage I've ever encountered.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1356525732315.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1356525732315.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 2,791
  • uploadfromtaptalk1356525743883.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1356525743883.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 2,785

frostxinfinity

Jan 28, 2012
Rochester, NY
Been running this ROM since release night. Runs excellent! Very smooth; no crashing or force closing at all. Only thing is, can we use your newest kernel with this? I tried flashing your regular version, cleared cache and Dalvik..hangs at splash screen. Running newest firmware, so I flashed via fastboot and then flashed .zip on TWRP. I'm not running the newest TWRP, fyi. Thanks for your time and genius rohan!

Sent from my One X using xda premium

rohan32

Retired Forum Mod / Retired Recognized Developer
Nov 27, 2011
New Jersey
rmathur.com
Been running this ROM since release night. Runs excellent! Very smooth; no crashing or force closing at all. Only thing is, can we use your newest kernel with this? I tried flashing your regular version, cleared cache and Dalvik..hangs at splash screen. Running newest firmware, so I flashed via fastboot and then flashed .zip on TWRP. I'm not running the newest TWRP, fyi. Thanks for your time and genius rohan!

No, my kernel is only for 4.1.X ROMs at the moment. It will be updated to 4.2 once 4.2 becomes a bit more "stable" and more daily drive-able.

frostxinfinity

Jan 28, 2012
Rochester, NY
Bluetooth, YouTube, video player both on board and streaming, and all camera functions don't currently work. Been running this since release and it's great. I don't use these features often enough to care..so I'm running it until next release!

frostxinfinity

Jan 28, 2012
Rochester, NY
Re: [ROM][4.2.1][12/25][UNOFFICIAL] AOKP Jellybean 4.2.1 MR1 Release Preview 1.1

Has this ROM been moved elsewhere? I read about an update a few weeks ago somewhere...but no update here. Either I'm trippin or it's not on XDA?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    83.png
    [/font]

[font=Roboto, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Device: evita (HTC One XL)[/font]

81.png
    [/font]

[font=Roboto, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]» Installation is simple:[/font]
    • If coming from another ROM or another major AOKP version, wipe data in recovery
    • Make sure you're using the latest CWM or TWRP
    • Flash ROM
    • Flash Google Apps (GAPPS)
    • Reboot
    78.png
    [/font]

» Check merged commits on AOKP's Gerrit

80.png
    [/font]

builds[font=Roboto, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]: [/font]http://aokp.co/devices/evita
    gapps[font=Roboto, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]: [/font]http://goo.im/gapps/...0301-signed.zip[font=Roboto, helvetica, arial, sans-serif] - b7e53e96e1c8b1a1c4865bf29418c8e0[/font]

82.png
    [/font]

» AOKP Gerrit
    » AOKP on Github
    » SOURCE on AOKP.co

79.png
    [/font]

[font=Roboto, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]We greatly appreciate your contribution in the form of code, or PayPal donations.[/font]
    » Donation options on AOKP.co

[font=Roboto, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Enjoy![/font][font=Roboto, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][/font]
    Some more good news coming off the S-OFF from yesterday; we just got merged into AOKP's source! :) So next Build 4 will be official from aokp.co!
    Regarding the 3.4 kernel

Another person on these forums felt it was necessary to post the 3.4 kernel the entire CM team has been working on for the past 2-3 months.

I wasn't trying to post 3.4 kernel builds here because it isn't ready yet. I wanted to avoid the mass influx of "ZOMG WEN R TEH 3.4 KERNELZ COMING?!?!" PMs which were already coming at a pretty fast rate. Looks like that won't be happening though.

That person also neglected to post information as per whose work it was, which angers me a lot. That's a different story for a different time, however.

Regarding the 3.4 kernel in AOKP and CyanogenMod; I won't be posting builds here for you guys to use with 3.4 until its "ready". It isn't released yet by one of the people working on it or myself because we feel like it isn't ready. Lots of issues under the hood of the kernel aren't working properly, which leads to a very poor user experience. I promise you that at the moment, the 3.4 kernel could not be your daily driver. Please do not PM or message me in IRC about posting AOKP or CM builds with the 3.4 kernel. Like I said, there is a reason they have not been posted yet.

You want to use the 3.4 kernel? Fine by me, go ahead and use it. But please, don't come crying to myself or a CM dev about how XXX isn't working. It wasn't released by us for a reason.

I assure you that the CM team is pushing hard for the 3.4 kernel. That's the main priority right now, since getting to 3.4 will be a huge accomplishment. Just sit tight and please don't bug me, h8rift, or any other CM dev about when 3.4 will be ready.

Thanks,
    Rohan

EDIT: Also, note: DO NOT under any circumstances try to use that 3.4 kernel with another ROM. It will most probably brick your device since the headers are not updated for these ROMs to work with the 3.4 kernel. Yet another reason why I wasn't posting 3.4 builds.
    Don't worry... you guys will be getting 4.3 AOKP very soon, as soon as AOKP stabilizes its 4.3 source :)

I was focusing on CM since they had their ROM up and running first so that I could focus on hardware functionality. AOKP is next :) I'll be trying to help bringup features and stuff to 4.3 and then we should be seeing the first few 4.3 builds quite soon.
    Evita is now up!

Grab it officially from http://aokp.co/release-jb-mr1-build-4/

Enjoy!