Search This thread

tw39515

Oct 14, 2006
HTC Leo
T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S III
Decompile SecLauncher2.apk and go to res/values/integers.xml

Find:
Code:
<integer name="config_screenOrientation">[B][COLOR="Red"]5[/COLOR][/B]</integer>
Change to:
Code:
<integer name="config_screenOrientation">[B][COLOR="Red"]3[/COLOR][/B]</integer>

Compile SecLauncher2.apk

just wanted to say thanks now i have landscape launcher on my tmo sgs3, would anyone know how to remove the page notification dots.

jroyalty7

May 31, 2009
Buffalo
Re: [MOD][HOWTO] TweakWiz! - A "Tweaked" TouchWiz Launcher [UPDATED 8/30/12]

Can anyone help me out on how I can edit my current sec2launcher to 5x5 layout home and app drawer. I don't want to swap it out just wanna learn how to edit my own please and thank you :D:beer:

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

or1m

Oct 27, 2011
Kosice
please advice

Find:
Code:
<integer name="config_screenOrientation">[B][COLOR="Red"]5[/COLOR][/B]</integer>
Change to:
Code:
<integer name="config_screenOrientation">[B][COLOR="Red"]3[/COLOR][/B]</integer>

Compile SecLauncher2.apk

Touchwiz 4.1.2 moded 4x5 (XXEMA2 in this case):
This is not working properly: Homescreen rotation is enabled,
but landscape mode is crippled down.

steps are:
4x5 ok, nice and correct
then ladscape - wth? (see landscape 4x5 bad.jpg)
then back - wth again (see portrait 4x5 bad.jpg)

So the questions are - is it wrong at all or it just does not work with moded TW or the magic number is not 3 ?

Jamin13

May 20, 2011

Touchwiz 4.1.2 moded 4x5 (XXEMA2 in this case):
This is not working properly: Homescreen rotation is enabled,
but landscape mode is crippled down.

steps are:
4x5 ok, nice and correct
then ladscape - wth? (see landscape 4x5 bad.jpg)
then back - wth again (see portrait 4x5 bad.jpg)

So the questions are - is it wrong at all or it just does not work with moded TW or the magic number is not 3 ?

It's not going to work properly. They've stated all the mods here are for ICS.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: or1m

onebornoflight

Dec 23, 2011

Any guesses as to if this will work with my Relay 4g with a 480 x 800 screen on 4.0.4 ICS?

Sent from my SGH-T699 using xda-developers app

Kapak13

Nov 19, 2012
TweakWiz!
A "Tweaked" TouchWiz Launcher​

What is it?
TweakWiz is my attempt at bringing some of custom launcher aesthetics to the default TouchWiz launcher. Sure, I could use a custom launcher -- and I have. I've tried dozens, but none of them can offer the same fluidity and speed that TouchWiz does. As I dig deeper within the TouchWiz code, more features will be added/unlocked! :)

Features
  • (NEW) Rotation support! (Adheres to system rotation setting)
  • (NEW) App drawer icon centered!
  • Labels removed from docked icons.
  • Drop shadow removed from dock icons.
  • Margins optimized to maximize space (where possible)
  • 4x5 homescreen layout
  • Page indicators removed, space reclaimed.
  • Scrolling wallpapers.
  • Page looping disabled (scrolling wallpapers looked like crap with this enabled).

Installation
  1. Download/copy appropriate version to internal storage.
  2. Boot into recovery.
  3. Make a backup!
  4. Flash/Reboot

ROM Developers/Cooks
I have no problem if you wish to include this in your custom ROMs, I only ask that you provide a link back to this thread so users can keep up on any updates. For those looking to perform manual edits, see here.

Changelog
    • Initial release
    • Reduced app drawer margin slightly due to text cropping.
    • Added 5th row to home.
    • Adjusted launcher to eliminate overlapping of launcher icon "hot areas" and 5th row widgets. [sinichi21]
    • Adjusted launcher width to reduce "squished" appearance [eortizr]
      Minimally Increased bottom padding on launcher to match positioning of icons (if any) on lockscreen
    • "Fixed" docked Messaging icon text re-appearing after a notification in portrait mode (still exists in Landscape)
    • Rotation support, and it respects your global rotation setting.
    • App drawer centered!
    • Re-adjusted margins a bit.
    • 4x6 App Drawer in portrait and 7x3 in landscape.
    • 80% app drawer translucency removed. (I'm not happy with how it appears on the screen, I'm working out a better method).
    • Fixed initial center app icon bug where app icon could sometimes be covered by another app icon when running TweakWiz for the first time.
    • Added optional NO_LANDSCAPE version (no rotation)
    • Added option NO_SCROLL version (no scrolling wallpaper, re-enabled page looping)

Known Bugs

• Icon text re-appears below docked "Messaging" app after receiving notification in landscape only!

Custom
Like AOSP/ICS? Check out mrvirginia's custom version of TweakWiz! [link]

Thank you! A moment of your time, please..
As with all of my contributions (here and elsewhere), I do this for fun and expect nothing in return. However, I have received a couple donations in support of my work recently, and while much appreciated, they are unnecessary. In lieu of donations to myself, should you feel inclined, I would much prefer any monies be donated to the CNCF Hope (The Children's Neuroblastoma Cancer Foundation) instead. This is a cause very close to my heart and this organization would benefit much more from your donation than I ever would.

Again, no obligation or expectations -- a simple "Thanks!" would more than suffice. :)

Legend
NO_LANDSCAPE: Launcher rotation disabled, portrait only.
NO_SCROLL: No scolling wallpaper, page looping/infinite scroll is enabled.

Hey, I'm still on 4.1.1 JB and I want to edit the scrolling wallpaper part only. Where would I go to edit htis and what would I need to type in? Please help, somebody! Thanks

caravaggio971

Aug 26, 2011
Hi there, I flashed the tweakwiz zip through cwm, apparently installation had no problem but once restarted nothing happened. Tried several times but I still have the original touchwiz. Where do I go wrong?
Thx

Sent from my GT-N7105 using xda app-developers app

Dec 9, 2013
Canada version.

TweakWiz!

What is it?
TweakWiz is my attempt at bringing some of custom launcher aesthetics to the default TouchWiz launcher. Sure, I could use a custom launcher -- and I have. I've tried dozens, but none of them can offer the same fluidity and speed that TouchWiz does. As I dig deeper within the TouchWiz code, more features will be added/unlocked! :)

Features
  • 4x5 homescreen layout
  • Scrolling wallpapers.
  • Page looping disabled (scrolling wallpapers looked like crap with this enabled).

Installation
  2. Boot into recovery.
  3. Make a backup!
  4. Flash/Reboot

ROM Developers/Cooks
I have no problem if you wish to include this in your custom ROMs, I only ask that you provide a link back to this thread so users can keep up on any updates. For those looking to perform manual edits, see here.

Changelog
    • Initial release
    • Added 5th row to home.
    • Adjusted launcher to eliminate overlapping of launcher icon "hot areas" and 5th row widgets. [sinichi21]
      Minimally Increased bottom padding on launcher to match positioning of icons (if any) on lockscreen
    • "Fixed" docked Messaging icon text re-appearing after a notification in portrait mode (still exists in Landscape)
    • App drawer centered!
    • 80% app drawer translucency removed. (I'm not happy with how it appears on the screen, I'm working out a better method).
    • Fixed initial center app icon bug where app icon could sometimes be covered by another app icon when running TweakWiz for the first time.
    • Added option NO_SCROLL version (no scrolling wallpaper, re-enabled page looping)

Known Bugs

• Icon text re-appears below docked "Messaging" app after receiving notification in landscape only!

Custom

As with all of my contributions (here and elsewhere), I do this for fun and expect nothing in return. However, I have received a couple donations in support of my work recently, and while much appreciated, they are unnecessary. In lieu of donations to myself, should you feel inclined, I would much prefer any monies be donated to the CNCF Hope (The Children's Neuroblastoma Cancer Foundation) instead. This is a cause very close to my heart and this organization would benefit much more from your donation than I ever would.

Again, no obligation or expectations -- a simple "Thanks!" would more than suffice. :)

Legend

I have the s4 i337m 4.3 rooted. Will this work? And if so I am still a little confused on how I do this. Because I really just want my dang app draw in the middle.

davidwilson83

Retired Forum Mod / Inactive RC & RT
Apr 20, 2012
Perth
Google Pixel 5
does any one know what value to change to remove label from dock icons for touchwiz. thanks in advance

Why don't you open res/values/dimens.xml (or res/values-hdpi, values-sw360dp-xxhdpi, etc) and change hotseat_text_size (or something similar to that with hotseat and text in it's name) to 0.0dip? This should remove the text

Sent from my Dominated PurifieD S4

Petaloudes

Apr 1, 2014
SecLauncher2

I have had a look at my hotseat.smali file and it looks a little different to your modded one (in addition to your mods for centered app drawer icon). So, to be on the safe side, I have attached my SecLauncher2.apk file for you to tweak for centered app drawer only.

Remember, this is from GT-I9300 international version so that may explain why hotseat.smali looks a little different.

Thanks again. I love guys like you who push the boundaries and smash off those Samsung shackles.

Good morning..Excuse me for my English..
I have a S3 version 4.1.2 XXEMF6 stock odex with the ROOT..
I uninstalled SecLauncher2 Stock (apk & odex)..
Next i have installed your SecLaunche2 (with wipe Dalvik Cache)..
After Reboot for a moment appears the SecLauncher2 modified (with icon AllApps at the center) but then returns the image of the SecLauncher2 Stock...
i don't understand why.

Mach5

Nov 30, 2013
Delhi
Last edited:
Brilliant! Thank you so much for this. I am not a coder but I am going to try this........

1. Decompile my SecLauncher2.apk
2. As I only want a centred app drawer icon, swap the hotseat.smali file as this seems easier to do than editing an existing smali file.
3. Recompile apk and push back to /system/app
4. Enjoy.

Any reason this won't work? and thanks again for the time you have put into this.

Thanks sir, awesome :D :good:

vipin s

Jun 19, 2014
Pune
HOWTO: Tweakwiz Manual Edits

So more than a few people have been asking me how to do some of these modifications themselves, so I put together a quick list of the mods requiring smali edits. They are presented in GNU diff form and should be pretty self explanatory to anyone capable of modifying smali code.

Since these are original modifications (and they may seem simple), many hours went into experimenting and tweaking in order to find the right changes in order to achieve the desired result. Should you use any of these, I humbly request that you provide a link back to the OP as the originating source. Or, if you feel so inclined, perhaps a donation to CNCF Hope (The Children's Neuroblastoma Cancer Foundation)? ;)

So, without further ado:

1. Center "All Apps" Icon

• SecLauncher2.apk://smali.com/android/launcher2/Hotseat.smali
      Code:
      @@ -24,7 +24,7 @@
       # static fields
       .field private static final TAG:Ljava/lang/String; = "Hotseat"

-.field private static final sAllAppsButtonRank:I = 0x4
      +.field private static final sAllAppsButtonRank:I = 0x2

# instance fields
      @@ -306,7 +306,7 @@

.prologue
           .line 116
      -    const/4 v0, 0x4
      +    const/4 v0, 0x2

if-ne p0, v0, :cond_0

@@ -1915,7 +1915,7 @@
           .prologue
           const v12, 0x7f0e002a

-    const/4 v11, 0x4
      +    const/4 v11, 0x2

const/4 v3, 0x0
  2. Enable launcher rotation (ie. landscape)

• SecLauncher2.apk://smali.com/android/launcher2/Launcher.smali
      Code:
      @@ -7722,21 +7722,11 @@

.line 338
           :cond_4
      -    invoke-virtual {p0}, Lcom/android/launcher2/Launcher;->getResources()Landroid/content/res/Resources;
      -
      -    move-result-object v8
      -
      -    invoke-virtual {v8}, Landroid/content/res/Resources;->getConfiguration()Landroid/content/res/Configuration;
      -
      -
      -    iget v8, v8, Landroid/content/res/Configuration;->smallestScreenWidthDp:I
      -
      -    const/16 v9, 0x258
      +    :cond_8
      +    const/4 v8, -0x1

-    if-ge v8, v9, :cond_8
      +    invoke-virtual {p0, v8}, Lcom/android/launcher2/Launcher;->setRequestedOrientation(I)V

-    .line 341
           :goto_3
           return-void

@@ -7829,12 +7819,6 @@
           .line 340
           .restart local v2       #filter:Landroid/content/IntentFilter;
           .restart local v3       #intent:Landroid/content/Intent;
      -    :cond_8
      -    const/4 v8, -0x1
      -
      -    invoke-virtual {p0, v8}, Lcom/android/launcher2/Launcher;->setRequestedOrientation(I)V
      -
      -    goto :goto_3
       .end method

.method public onCreateOptionsMenu(Landroid/view/Menu;)Z
  3. Disable page looping

• SecLauncher2.apk://smali.com/android/launcher2/PagedView.smali
      Code:
      @@ -5240,7 +5240,7 @@
           .locals 2

.prologue
      -    const/4 v0, 0x1
      +    const/4 v0, 0x0

.line 531
           invoke-direct {p0}, Lcom/android/launcher2/PagedView;->isLoopingEnabledInCSC()Z
  4. Remove icon shadows

• SecLauncher2.apk://smali.com/android/launcher2/AppIconView.smali
      Code:
      @@ -1983,7 +1983,7 @@
           .locals 2

.prologue
      -    const/4 v0, 0x1
      +    const/4 v0, 0x0

.line 181
           iget v1, p0, Lcom/android/launcher2/AppIconView;->mIconDestination:I
Great job

vipin s

Jun 19, 2014
Pune
sir I want cener app drawer in my seclauncher2.apk but mine hotseat.smali is different from yours .
plz sir will you plz edit for me

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    TweakWiz!

What is it?

Features
    • 4x5 homescreen layout
    • Scrolling wallpapers.

Installation
    2. Boot into recovery.
    3. Make a backup!
    4. Flash/Reboot

ROM Developers/Cooks

Changelog
      • Initial release
      • Added 5th row to home.
      • App drawer centered!

Known Bugs

Custom

Legend
    HOWTO: Tweakwiz Manual Edits

So more than a few people have been asking me how to do some of these modifications themselves, so I put together a quick list of the mods requiring smali edits. They are presented in GNU diff form and should be pretty self explanatory to anyone capable of modifying smali code.

Since these are original modifications (and they may seem simple), many hours went into experimenting and tweaking in order to find the right changes in order to achieve the desired result. Should you use any of these, I humbly request that you provide a link back to the OP as the originating source. Or, if you feel so inclined, perhaps a donation to CNCF Hope (The Children's Neuroblastoma Cancer Foundation)? ;)

So, without further ado:

1. Center "All Apps" Icon

• SecLauncher2.apk://smali.com/android/launcher2/Hotseat.smali
        Code:
        @@ -24,7 +24,7 @@
         # static fields
         .field private static final TAG:Ljava/lang/String; = "Hotseat"

-.field private static final sAllAppsButtonRank:I = 0x4
        +.field private static final sAllAppsButtonRank:I = 0x2

# instance fields
        @@ -306,7 +306,7 @@

.prologue
             .line 116
        -    const/4 v0, 0x4
        +    const/4 v0, 0x2

if-ne p0, v0, :cond_0

@@ -1915,7 +1915,7 @@
             .prologue
             const v12, 0x7f0e002a

-    const/4 v11, 0x4
        +    const/4 v11, 0x2

const/4 v3, 0x0
    2. Enable launcher rotation (ie. landscape)

• SecLauncher2.apk://smali.com/android/launcher2/Launcher.smali
        Code:
        @@ -7722,21 +7722,11 @@

.line 338
             :cond_4
        -    invoke-virtual {p0}, Lcom/android/launcher2/Launcher;->getResources()Landroid/content/res/Resources;
        -
        -
        -    invoke-virtual {v8}, Landroid/content/res/Resources;->getConfiguration()Landroid/content/res/Configuration;
        -
        -
        -    iget v8, v8, Landroid/content/res/Configuration;->smallestScreenWidthDp:I
        -
        -    const/16 v9, 0x258
        +    :cond_8
        +    const/4 v8, -0x1

-    if-ge v8, v9, :cond_8
        +    invoke-virtual {p0, v8}, Lcom/android/launcher2/Launcher;->setRequestedOrientation(I)V

-    .line 341
             :goto_3
             return-void

@@ -7829,12 +7819,6 @@
             .line 340
             .restart local v2       #filter:Landroid/content/IntentFilter;
             .restart local v3       #intent:Landroid/content/Intent;
        -    :cond_8
        -    const/4 v8, -0x1
        -
        -    invoke-virtual {p0, v8}, Lcom/android/launcher2/Launcher;->setRequestedOrientation(I)V
        -
        -    goto :goto_3
         .end method

.method public onCreateOptionsMenu(Landroid/view/Menu;)Z
    3. Disable page looping

• SecLauncher2.apk://smali.com/android/launcher2/PagedView.smali
        Code:
        @@ -5240,7 +5240,7 @@
             .locals 2

.prologue
        -    const/4 v0, 0x1
        +    const/4 v0, 0x0

.line 531
             invoke-direct {p0}, Lcom/android/launcher2/PagedView;->isLoopingEnabledInCSC()Z
    4. Remove icon shadows

• SecLauncher2.apk://smali.com/android/launcher2/AppIconView.smali
        Code:
        @@ -1983,7 +1983,7 @@
             .locals 2

.prologue
        -    const/4 v0, 0x1
        +    const/4 v0, 0x0

.line 181
             iget v1, p0, Lcom/android/launcher2/AppIconView;->mIconDestination:I
    Trying to get this working on the VZW JB leaks. I assume that the TW Launcher in the OP is for ICS only?

I decompiled the version on my JB leak and went to make the smali edits but they are very different than what's listed in the manual instructions post.

Anyone have a way of enabling auto-rotation on the JB-based TW Launcher?

Thanks!

Find:
    Code:
    Change to:
    Code:

Compile SecLauncher2.apk
    Updated!

I flashed on my new s3 rooted but stock everything and can see no changes would love to have touch Wiz with app drawer in center. Any suggestions?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app

I flashed this as well on my stock rooted at&t LH9 fw s3. I got the scrolling wallpaper, but the app drawer button did not move. Is there a difference on how it works on the LG1 and LH9 fw?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

I'm betting you're both using an ODEXED ROM. That being the case, you'll have to manually delete SecLauncher2.odex from /system/app.