[FIX] wallpaper scrolling issue on TWLAUNCHER

Search This thread

DAGr8

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 27, 2010
Montreal
Dagr8...just a heads up...the skyrocket gallery already allows for lanscape and portrait. ..and scrolling has not been an issue

Again..it may be a 2.3.5 vs 2.3.6 issue but our skyrocket does both with no modifications needed

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using XDA App

yes its a 2.3.5 vs 2.3.6 issue hence title of the thread slightly different on the skyrocket section

Reactions: natienn

lactardjosh

Dec 25, 2010
As of right now, if you're stock AT&T and haven't done anything with your phone, you're odexed. Flashing a deodexed framework.jar will make your phone bootloop or not boot at all. You need an odexed framework for the stock ROM.

Reactions: s1mpd1ddy

s1mpd1ddy

Feb 24, 2011
As of right now, if you're stock AT&T and haven't done anything with your phone, you're odexed. Flashing a deodexed framework.jar will make your phone bootloop or not boot at all. You need an odexed framework for the stock ROM.

Okay .. I'll just flash a rom then. hmm... or maybe I can look up how to deodex frameworks...

nvm. lol ill let the pros do that

jimmer411

Jul 15, 2009
Thanks for posting this dagr8, now ill have an easy way to undo the scrolling wallpapers once they become standard on roms. Scrolling wallpapers have been my biggest "hate" about android.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda premium

DAGr8

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 27, 2010
Montreal
Thanks for posting this dagr8, now ill have an easy way to undo the scrolling wallpapers once they become standard on roms. Scrolling wallpapers have been my biggest "hate" about android.

mm , then you just choose portrait size image and it wont scroll .. or barely noticeable ????

pro_b

Aug 14, 2006
Google Pixel 4 XL
Google Pixel 6 Pro
What I did to pull it and do the edits was to adb pull /system/framework/framework.jar then edited the lines in a text editor, then just adb pushed <location of edited file> (to) /system/framework/framework.jar

Hope it helps

EDIT::::

This is what I did, figure I'd explain on it.. adb pull /system/framework/framework.jar

That pulled it into my android platform-tools.

then I had to decompile the framework .jar I used the android apk tool to decompile it by in cmd (file location of the android apk tool) apktool d framework.jar ./out

which made a file called out. out>smali>android>service>wallpaper then find WallpaperService$Engine.smali

I edited the .smali in notepad.. Follow Da_g's OP to edit the lines. (For me the lines were the same as his, but may not be for you).

after you've edited it, save it then you have to recompile it.

back to cmd; apktool b -f -d out it'll recomplie it all to out>dist> framework.jar

then you need to adb push the framework back to system/framework/framework.jar

for me i used root explorer to make the /system R/W its quicker for me then doing it in adb shell.

Hope it helps those confused and I mean no disrespect to Da_g for positing this, just hope this would save some time for those that dont know how to do it.

And Da_g, if I posted this in the wrong place, Sorry, just let me know and I'll remove it.

Thanks so much for these instructions. It worked like a charm and helped someone who know nothing about programming (but I can read and follow directions).

P.S. I am on the Skyrocket (AT&T) using NexusM0d4 Rom.

Last edited:

lactardjosh

Dec 25, 2010
There's a bit of a difference between the Rogers framework.jar and AT&T framework.jar apparently. I had to make some modifications to your code to get this to work on stock AT&T.

For stock AT&T, I had to change the smali to this:

Code:
.line 735
    :try_start_0
    iget v1, p0, Landroid/service/wallpaper/WallpaperService$Engine;->mPendingXOffset:F

.line 736
    .local v1, xOffset:F
    iget v2, p0, Landroid/service/wallpaper/WallpaperService$Engine;->mPendingYOffset:F

.line 737
    .local v2, yOffset:F
    iget v3, p0, Landroid/service/wallpaper/WallpaperService$Engine;->mPendingXOffsetStep:F

.line 738
    .local v3, xOffsetStep:F
    iget v4, p0, Landroid/service/wallpaper/WallpaperService$Engine;->mPendingYOffsetStep:F

.line 739
    .local v4, yOffsetStep:F
    iget-boolean v9, p0, Landroid/service/wallpaper/WallpaperService$Engine;->mPendingSync:Z

.line 740
    .local v9, sync:Z
    const/4 v10, 0x0

iput-boolean v10, p0, Landroid/service/wallpaper/WallpaperService$Engine;->mPendingSync:Z

.line 741
    const/4 v10, 0x0

iput-boolean v10, p0, Landroid/service/wallpaper/WallpaperService$Engine;->mOffsetMessageEnqueued:Z

.line 742
    monitor-exit v0
    :try_end_0
    .catchall {:try_start_0 .. :try_end_0} :catchall_0

Notice that additional lines need to be changed at the end.

Flashable zip for stock, odexed AT&T is getting uploaded and should be ready soon.
Edit: here is the flashable zip for stock, odexed AT&T

Last edited:
Reactions: DAGr8

lactardjosh

Dec 25, 2010
Not sure if any devs other than DAGr8 have implemented this in anything they're doing, but after making the mod to the stock AT&T framework, I hit major performance issues with the stock browser.

I've since reverted back to non-scrolling wallpaper and the performance issues are gone, with no other changes to the phone.

It's very possible it is my own mod that is the issue. It's also possible that other mods within DAGr8's rom is countering issues that come up in the stock rom when implementing scrolling wallpaper.

00mred00

Aug 11, 2010
Princeton Tx
No issues here using his rom with this implemented

Live wallpapers and reg

Not sure if any devs other than DAGr8 have implemented this in anything they're doing, but after making the mod to the stock AT&T framework, I hit major performance issues with the stock browser.

I've since reverted back to non-scrolling wallpaper and the performance issues are gone, with no other changes to the phone.

It's very possible it is my own mod that is the issue. It's also possible that other mods within DAGr8's rom is countering issues that come up in the stock rom when implementing scrolling wallpaper.

lactardjosh

Dec 25, 2010
No issues here using his rom with this implemented

Live wallpapers and reg

I was talking about for users not running DAGr8's rom.

Anyway, I resolved this by opening and closing QuickPanelSettings that comes with the 14 toggle mod. Not sure why this works, but it got rid of all of the browser lag I was having with the scrolling wallpaper.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    THIS WAS POSTED IN THE skyrocket forum but since we share the same problem I post this here as well .

Part A_

1_ On the GNOTE 's Gallery a Simple hack to allow full size of 'wallpaper'

here it is : http://www.mediafire.com/?84yb70al1fewdhk

there is a known bug you need to select portrait size then you can reselect the landscape size

Using the Intl NOte's Gallery is bug free and allows that feature.

(not sure if this gallery will work well for the skyrocket users )
    (but I dont think its needed either if you guys need a modified gallery I will post how to modify it also )

Part B_

_framework.jar\smali\android\service\wallpaper\WallpaperService$Engine.smali

find :

method doOffsetsChanged()V

then

find :

Code:
        .line 735
        const/high16 v1, 0x3f00

.line 736
        const/4 v2, 0x0

.line 737
        const/4 v3, 0x0

.line 738
        const/4 v4, 0x0

.line 739
        iget-boolean v9, p0, Landroid/service/wallpaper/WallpaperService$Engine;->mPendingSync:Z

replace with

Code:
        .line 735
        iget v1, p0, Landroid/service/wallpaper/WallpaperService$Engine;->mPendingXOffset:F

.line 736
        iget v2, p0, Landroid/service/wallpaper/WallpaperService$Engine;->mPendingYOffset:F

.line 737
        iget v3, p0, Landroid/service/wallpaper/WallpaperService$Engine;->mPendingXOffsetStep:F

.line 738
        iget v4, p0, Landroid/service/wallpaper/WallpaperService$Engine;->mPendingYOffsetStep:F

.line 739

note that the line numbers might not be the same .

if you use this in your rom please mention my name somewhere :)

a simple thanks goes a long way a coffee even further :D
    Man, I'm with you bro. I'm almost done with my Network Security degree, and sometimes I think I should have gone for programing instead, but I think is easier to find a job on Networking. A little direction on how to get things started would be nice, so DAGr8 wouldn't have to do all the job by himself.
    Thanks for all your awesome job.

What I did to pull it and do the edits was to adb pull /system/framework/framework.jar then edited the lines in a text editor, then just adb pushed <location of edited file> (to) /system/framework/framework.jar

Hope it helps

EDIT::::

This is what I did, figure I'd explain on it.. adb pull /system/framework/framework.jar

That pulled it into my android platform-tools.

then I had to decompile the framework .jar I used the android apk tool to decompile it by in cmd (file location of the android apk tool) apktool d framework.jar ./out

which made a file called out. out>smali>android>service>wallpaper then find WallpaperService$Engine.smali

I edited the .smali in notepad.. Follow Da_g's OP to edit the lines. (For me the lines were the same as his, but may not be for you).

after you've edited it, save it then you have to recompile it.

back to cmd; apktool b -f -d out it'll recomplie it all to out>dist> framework.jar

then you need to adb push the framework back to system/framework/framework.jar

for me i used root explorer to make the /system R/W its quicker for me then doing it in adb shell.

Hope it helps those confused and I mean no disrespect to Da_g for positing this, just hope this would save some time for those that dont know how to do it.

And Da_g, if I posted this in the wrong place, Sorry, just let me know and I'll remove it.
    heads up its fixed
    Dagr8...just a heads up...the skyrocket gallery already allows for lanscape and portrait. ..and scrolling has not been an issue

Again..it may be a 2.3.5 vs 2.3.6 issue but our skyrocket does both with no modifications needed

yes its a 2.3.5 vs 2.3.6 issue hence title of the thread slightly different on the skyrocket section