Retrieve data from water damaged phone

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I would expect these things to survive a brief pool-dunking. I suggest you let it sit in the sun for a while with cover off and all cards out. If it is still dead, I suggest sending it to the unbrickable mod guy. If he can't bring it back, probably no one can.
    Naaa unbrickable mods not gonna save a burnt mb
    Theres no reason for it to.
    You can try a diff battery, boot while holding recovery combo, then navigate the menus blindly to usb storage and plug your phone into comp.. maybe youll get lucky and its just dead screen

sent from the xda app on my android smartphone.
    Hello All...I just wanted to let you know that I managed to retrieve data from my phone. After staring at my phone in dismay for 2 weeks I gave up. Until today when I happened to put another battery in my phone. To my surprise the screen showed some lines but the phone was still unusable. I then downloaded a lifesaver of a software called Android Commander and could access and copy the files from the phone.

I hope this information helps someone.
    Google unbrickable mod by Adam Outler...there is a thread in vibrant development section also

Sent from my SGH-T959 using XDA
    Oh but before you waste your time chasing ghosts, i just realized that if it is just a dead screen, you could just 'turn it on' and plug it in and the comp should say something about found hardware.. just make sure you have it completely off, ie take batt out for a couple secs, then put in and hold power button for a reasonable ampunt of time.
    Good luck

Oh and one more thing, as a last resort, you can try booting uup the phone wwith the least amount of part plugged in.. the water may have damaged aa part which may now be shorting it and inhibiting boot. I would say that if possible, boot it just mb and power button and usb port (idk if its a separate module)... maybe if youre lucky, you can do what i said with the recovery-> mount usb storage like that
    Again good lluck :)

sent from the xda app on my android smartphone.