[Q] HELP! Please i dont understand this...

Search This thread

IAmTechFreq

Nov 29, 2013
Tucson
soundcloud.com
Ok so i just recently tried 2 different roms on my Galaxy Nexus (verzion) phone

the 1st i tried is Liquid smooth , its okay but as i noticed when going to school i connect to the schools wifi it display , to sign in , so i tap on that notification and then it prompts me to go to the browser so i do so and then a window pops up saying to end USER and PASS itype it in and i can surf the web

the day after , i switched out and tried Resurrection, whcih i really like but for some reason the same thing happened with tap to sign in to wifi network notification , prompts me to the browser and it does give me that window like the other rom , i dont understand why doesnt it do that
it displays an error and an ip address with /generate_204 next to it .

so whats the problem here like i cant sign into it.

the ROM you are using MIGHT have come with a custom host file for ad blocking is what I'm thinking as first thought to the issue.
if you go to/system/etc/hosts you can edit that file, usually I just leave in the top line that says something like "127.0.0.1 local host"
then reboot and try again. or try another browser. I dislike custom hosts files being included with ROMs for ad blocking purposes. seems to mess up more than it "helps" sometimes(not to mention blocking ads takes money away from developers who use ads as a means for revenue from their apps/sites)