Information and Help

Search This thread

Zeekayy

Aug 6, 2014
Hello,

I'm new here and I'm looking for a good stable rom for my daily use (fully functional) and most importantly stable , I'm actually tired of how my phone performs on the stock rom, I would like to have fast and smooth performance. Is there anything possible? Help and suggesstions will be highly appreciated.
I'm using the Rogers HTC Raider 4G.

Regards.

LaZiODROID

Feb 6, 2011
Toronto
I think the best way to do it is to try each one for a couple of days, while making notes about their pros & cons. One person could tell you that one rom is the best, while another could tell you a different rom is the best. It's all up to you.

Zeekayy

Aug 6, 2014
I think the best way to do it is to try each one for a couple of days, while making notes about their pros & cons. One person could tell you that one rom is the best, while another could tell you a different rom is the best. It's all up to you.

This is a developers forum, there are a lot of roms here for one device, I'm not a developer, I'm just an individual looking for one or two. All I'm saying is that, a developer has knowledge and experience, if a developer would care to suggest one or two, I would be out of the scenario of trying each one, because for a daily user like me, it would be a pain. You know what I'm saying, right?

rignfool

Dec 8, 2010
The Poconos
This is a developers forum, there are a lot of roms here for one device, I'm not a developer, I'm just an individual looking for one or two. All I'm saying is that, a developer has knowledge and experience, if a developer would care to suggest one or two, I would be out of the scenario of trying each one, because for a daily user like me, it would be a pain. You know what I'm saying, right?

And each dev would steer you towards their own ROM...

Hence the 'try them all and figure it out for yourself'

Or..

Read the threads to see which one sounds like the one for you

Sent from my HTC Vivid 4G using Tapatalk

Zeekayy

Aug 6, 2014
And each dev would steer you towards their own ROM...

Hence the 'try them all and figure it out for yourself'

Or..

Read the threads to see which one sounds like the one for you

I have read two complete threads of two roms, and I have tried one, but I'm having a hard time knowing which one is stable, I want some dev, any dev to point out at a stable rom.

rignfool

Dec 8, 2010
The Poconos
I have read two complete threads of two roms, and I have tried one, but I'm having a hard time knowing which one is stable, I want some dev, any dev to point out at a stable rom.

OK...

I hate to do this...

But

CM 11 is nice and stable... But old...

PAC 4.4.4 is stable-ish... Has some bugs... But its in nightlies... So bugs come and go...

Ressurection Remix is really nice and stable... But very old... So you'll have some compatibility issues with things...

Any of the CM 10.2 ROMs are bad battery drainers due to old kernel issues...

Ditto for the CM 10 ROMs...

I hate sense... But any of the sense based ROMs are really stable... If you go with those... Kozmik's kernel is very nice... The senseless sense ROMs are a little messy... But very usable...

Reactions: Zeekayy

Zeekayy

Aug 6, 2014
OK...

I hate to do this...

But

PAC 4.4.4 is stable-ish... Has some bugs... But its in nightlies... So bugs come and go...

Ressurection Remix is really nice and stable... But very old... So you'll have some compatibility issues with things...

I hate sense... But any of the sense based ROMs are really stable... If you go with those... Kozmik's kernel is very nice... The senseless sense ROMs are a little messy... But very usable...

Just what I wanted to see, thanks a lot!
One more thing, the CM 11 is the 4.2.2 Rom isn't it? I've seen it on some Raiders these days, is it good for daily use?
Thankyou again.

Zeekayy

Aug 6, 2014
@rignfool

I'm restricted to post in the other thread, is Kozmik's kernel compatible with the stock ICS sense 3.6 rom?
And if so, is it possible to flash it via fastboot through pc? Because I'm currently S-on and don't plan to go S-off.
Mentioning again that I have a Roger's HTC Raider.

rignfool

Dec 8, 2010
The Poconos
@rignfool

I'm restricted to post in the other thread, is Kozmik's kernel compatible with the stock ICS sense 3.6 rom?
And if so, is it possible to flash it via fastboot through pc? Because I'm currently S-on and don't plan to go S-off.

No... Kozmik requires s-off...

If that is the case... Try faux's kernel...
And... Use intellidemand

Reactions: Zeekayy

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

OK...

I hate to do this...

But

@rignfool

No... Kozmik requires s-off...

If that is the case... Try faux's kernel...
    And... Use intellidemand

So all I have to do is just download faux's kernel directly on my phone flash it through recovery and I'm good to go?

No... You need to use fastboot to flash the kernel